What's the healthy habit you're working on building?

Replies

• VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,359 Member
    Trying to eat more fibre - reaching for an apple instead of a hobnob biscuit etc.
  • hoodncoast
    hoodncoast Posts: 4 Member
    A couple goals for me. I've been eating poorly on weekends and when I eat out. I do pretty good during the week and have managed to loose 20 lbs prior to MFP, but when I go out I don't feel like a salad all the time. On weekends, I eat to much unhealthy foods. I'm a T2 diabetic that is not on insulin, and I'm changing my ways slow but sure. Having a bone surgery later this year, so my focus this year is achieving an exceptional A1C.
  • cmtran85
    cmtran85 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm working on being more active throughout the day - like getting up for 15 min walks outside for some fresh air, taking 10 min to stretch, etc. Although I workout 5-6 days a week pretty moderately, I also work a desk job so a great deal of the time I'm sitting. I want to increase my NEAT activities. I'm also working to change certain aspects of my eating (snacking) habits. I am so wired to eat very specific types of foods as snacks and at certain times of the time. I don't even think I'm truly hungry when I snack. It's just a very hard habit to break/change and that is what I aim to do. Just want to eat more intuitively and listen to my body when it's hungry and not just bored.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    Getting some form of exercise at least 5 days per week.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Positive Mental Attitude, and not screwing up on the weekends.
  • HEYREFF
    HEYREFF Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am going to get away from my evening wine, totally detoxing for the month of February. Too many empty calories that cancels out all of the calories I'm burning from exercise.
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 592 Member
    Positive Mental Attitude, and not screwing up on the weekends.

Oh my gosh, you just said what I was thinking about the weekends in this discussion. I do fine on my weekday work structure, but the weekend can pose a free for all at times!
  • cherylscott4
    cherylscott4 Posts: 23 Member
    I am working on more water and doing good on my vegan diet.
  • Drinking more water for me, also eating a wider variety of healthy foods so I don't get bored 🙈 Been trying to keep a positive mind set and to focus delayed gratification 💪rather than being impatient or getting disheartened (which I would do in the past) working so far lol.
  • MementoMori85
    MementoMori85 Posts: 3 Member
    I have been working on getting to the gym at least 4 times a week. Unfortunately, I have to wait until after the kids go to bed, which makes it really easy to convince myself just to stay home - especially while it is so cold outside. However, I know how much better I feel after I go, so I am just trying to remember that feeling when my motivation is low.

Also, I have been working on watching calories/portions. Since using MFP, I have realized how much I had been eating before. Trying to make sure I'm not eating too much, so I can maintain a calorie deficit but also eating enough to not feel hungry all the time. Some days are better than others - I know it will never be perfect, but I am hoping to be consistent enough to drop some of this weight and get healthier.
  • DontStopAchievin
    DontStopAchievin Posts: 31 Member
    I'm trying to drink more water and plan my meals. I think meal planning for me will help in not over eating, plus not reaching for something "quick' and not nutritious when I'm hungry
  • Brandywismer
    Brandywismer Posts: 3 Member
    I’ve had been having trouble daily drinking 64 oz. of water and was hitting only 50% of that goal even with concentrated efforts. Last week I bought a big 64 oz. water container with a straw and great carrying strap. I fill it up every night and put it by my bed to be handy in the morning before my feet touch the ground. I’ve found I’m drinking about 30 oz, before I even get up and the rest is easy to finish during the day. It’s been amazing how easy it is.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I want to start going for a walk every morning before work
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »

I swear this is the greatest thing you can do for both your physical and mental health. You will not regret making a habit of this! I was doing it all summer and fall, but I've had to stop now that my area is in the perma freeze, but spring is right around the corner, and I will be joining you in your efforts! 3 miles (just shy of 5k) walk every day is amazing in every way, especially if you find a nature laden place full of trees and wild life.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Hydration is a huge, constant healthy goal for me each day.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »

I swear this is the greatest thing you can do for both your physical and mental health. You will not regret making a habit of this! I was doing it all summer and fall, but I've had to stop now that my area is in the perma freeze, but spring is right around the corner, and I will be joining you in your efforts! 3 miles (just shy of 5k) walk every day is amazing in every way, especially if you find a nature laden place full of trees and wild life.

Yes, I love going on walks but it's hard to fit them into my day with 3 kids. When they go with me I don't get to go as far as I would like lol. I think it's good to get out in the morning sunlight too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!