"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Lol, so the same Cowboys fans that ridculed me before our game, then went on to say that there's no way the 9ers beat the Packers..........and I got to seem them yesterday and bask in glory again!!!!!! So I put it out there: Are you betting me the Rams will beat the 9ers for the NFC Championship? Silence.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Porkchops and vegetables for dinner. I did really well yesterday and am ready to weigh is now for RD 4!!!! Now let's just keep it that way.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early clients day and one of the longer days of work for me.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs, salad and rice for dinner. Also had dried mangoes for dessert.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Week has be long for me and seeming to move slow but that's likely because I'm tired this week. May take off next week from any lifting activities just to recover.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Shrimp and vegetables for dinner. I've been binge watching "Ozark" on the Netflix after it was recommended to by by a friend. Just finished season 1. Like it so far!

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Workout: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    High machine row 3x10
    Seated cable row 5x5
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher curl 3x10

Workout analysis: Was a struggle waking up this morning (I worked a graveyard shift Tuesday into Wednesday, which always throws sleep schedule out of whack), but a couple caffeine pills and a long drive to the base gym had me awake in time for the workout, which felt good.

Tonight's meal: ribs and peas
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! It's been a long week for me and looking forward for some rest this weekend.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Steak and bok choy for dinner. Have to pay attention to snacking while I've been binge watching OZARK.

• nossmf
    Today's workout: Leg Day

Squats 4x10
    Leg Press 5x5
    Calf Raise 3x10
    Standing hamstring curl 3x10

Bonus cardio: Snow shoveling/ice chipping (1 hr)

Workout analysis: Roughly 2/3 of my time shoveling was spent chipping away at the ice formed by my wife's tires when she drove over the snow in the driveway rather than shovel first. When I got to the gym for lifting, I used the same weight for squats but dropped the reps from 20 to 10, figuring it'd been a few weeks since I last lifted legs and wasn't sure how well they'd respond. But my legs felt strong, so the rest of the workout proceeded with my usual weights and reps just fine.

Tonight's meal: ground hamburger with rice and sauted mushrooms, quick and easy to fix, favorite among the kids. I weighed myself today and am back down to my pre-Christmas weight, so yay team. This despite actually eating a little more lately than pre-holidays (though less than the cookie-heavy holiday season itself).
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! This will be my last strength workout for a week. I'll rest all next week with the exception of cardio. It's been awhile since I've took a rest week so I'm kinda looking forward to it. Gotta get all my weekly cleaning done today so I can veg out tomorrow and just watch football after work.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. I went a little overboard.
  • ninerbuff
    OMG. So anxious nervous to watch the 49ers/Rams game after seeing the Bengals beat the Chiefs.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Well it's almost a given now that Garappolo is now going to be either traded or waived before next year. I was hoping he'd be interception free and lead the 49ers to the Superbowl......................but nope he threw his obligatory interception at the worst time of the game. I hoped we'd smash the Rams but I didn't like Shanahan's play calling this game. Well, onto to the GS Warriors now. Am going to take off this week on any strength training as I haven't had a break from it in awhile.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: just pushups

Assessment: Lasagne last night for dinner. Didn't have much of an appetite after watching my team miss out on SB.

• nossmf
    Workout: Push Day

Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    DB Shoulder Triset - Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    Cable Press Down 3x10

Workout Analysis: Screwed up packing my gym bag last night, leaving my Ipod on the charger (no tunes for me) and my protein shake on the counter. Fortunately my menu today is giving me plenty of protein, but without breakfast or a shake I'm starving waiting for lunch. May have to eat a little earlier than normal. On the good side, I think next week I'll up the weight used on the bench press.

Tonight's menu: baked chicken with buttered noodles and Brussel sprouts

Football review: with apologies to @ninerbuff, I'm glad to see the Rams make it to the Super Bowl, primarily for the sake of Matthew Stafford, who I felt was held back all those years in Detroit and is now making the most of his time to shine. Two excellent games yesterday, and what should be a solid Super Bowl in two weeks. Not looking forward to the half-time show, though, as I'm not a fan of rap music and this year's show is nothing but.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Well with the 9ers out, I'm now watching the GSW and yesterday they finished off the Houston Rockets with a Curry flurry in the 4th!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: none

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner. Almost on to season 4 of OZARK to finish it off and onto another Netflix binge watch show. Diet is going well and ready to weigh in for RD 4.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early clients day and one of the longer days of work for me.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Assessment: Flanken short ribs, salad and rice for dinner. Keeping my dessert down till after weigh in tomorrow.
  • punkahontas71
    punkahontas71 Posts: 73 Member
    Hi all! signed up for a half I am a lot heavier than I would like to be and any weight off will help. a little less than 10 weeks out.
    tonights cardio - 3-4 mile run with hill work. then strength training or boxing.
    Diiner-1 sweet potato 3 egg whites and broccoli - yes its a weird mix but its what I have, its healthy and fits within the calories for the day :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. The week off from lifting has done me good as I feel like I'm recovering well and my joints are less achy in the morning. Lol, but I can't wait to start lifting again next week!!!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Assessment: Shrimp and vegetables for dinner. Well I finished OZARK part 1 of season 4 now, so just waiting. I'm into zombie movies so now watching "All of Us are Dead". Love Korean zombie shows.

• nossmf
    Yesterday's workout: shoveling snow for an hour

Workout analysis: not nearly as satisfying as lifting, but I was still huffing and puffing by the end.

Tonight's meal: who knows? I make my menu for the week every Saturday, and at that time tonight was so heavily booked with commuting, one kid's school band concert, another kid's Boy Scouts meeting, my church choir rehearsal, that I had planned on simply hitting a drive through and calling it good. But then a big snow storm came through, I'm working from home, the concert has been cancelled, and I have the time to hit the store and get the groceries to make a meal. Need to give it some thought.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! I'm glad I've taken time off of lifting to let my joints relax a little.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Chicken and vegetables last night. Since I'm done with OZARK up to now, I've just now caught up with "Book of Boba Fett" as well. So glad a favorite character is in this series! Rd 4 is here and I'm just below goal and ready to go for Rd 5 now!

• nossmf
    Today's workout: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    High Machine Row 3x10
    Seated Cable Row 5x5
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Workout analysis: Shoulders were a little stiff during my pullups, but by the time I started my rows my arms were loose and working again, which is the whole point behind warming up with pullups. Felt strong today, especially during the cable rows, but there was one point where I ate a healthy dose of humble pie. While I was doing my cable rows, a girl at the next cable station was doing rear delt lateral raises using a multi-handle cable while sitting upright. I was intrigued enough to ask her about them, and she suggested starting with half the weight I would use for a bent-over DB version. I was skeptical at first, but I did as she suggested, using half the weight. Wow, am I glad I followed her advice! Granted, I entered the lift with cold shoulders (well, semi-cold, since the rear delts probably have a part to play in rows). But I'm going to try to remember to swap these in on Monday for my working rear-delt sets, see where they take me.

Today's meals: lunch - BBQ chicken with buttered noodles, dinner - sauteed summer sausage with mixed veggies
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! My rest week has gone well. This will be my daughter's first dance competition in almost 2 years and can't wait to attend it tonight.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories), bag boxing 30 minutes.

Assessment: Lamb and vegetables for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. After taking a full week off of no strength training, I'm antsy to get back to the iron. Weekend was boring with the exception of going to my daughter's Color Guard competition where I got to see some great teams.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I'm not far off of Rd 5 goal weight and could probably weigh in next week and meet it. But I'll still shoot for further than that to surpass my goal.
  • nossmf
    Today's workout: Push Day

Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    Shoulder triset - DB front raise, DB lateral raise, seated cable rear laterals 3x10
    Cable pushdown 3x10

Workout analysis: Swapped out my usual bent-over DB rear laterals for seated cable version, and talk about humbling! Dropped the weight more than in half, but I could feel my rear delts doing more of the work rather than my back as sometimes feels during DB rear laterals, so I think I'll stick with this version, at least for a few weeks. Wanted to ramp up the weight on my bench press, but again a lack of people in the weight room made me err on the side of caution, so rather than up the weights I upped the reps from 5 to 6.

Today's meals: Lunch - buffalo chicken strips and rice...Dinner - spaghetti and side salad

Additional details: last night's pot roast smelled delicious throughout the day in the crock pot, but come dinner time I found out it was overcooked, still tasty but tough enough to leave the jaw sore from chewing. Rather bummed about that.