My Foods tab

freedomlass
freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
I would like to know how to delete foods from the My Foods group, there are many things in there that I added a long time ago that I no longer use so would like to delete them from my list but I can't see how you do this, on the Recent and Frequent sections you have the delete button at the bottom but nothing for the others.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,167 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    You can edit any food you have personally added to your database, and you can delete personal foods, as well, provided you have not shared them with the public database. At this time it is not possible to delete any food you've elected to share on the main database, you can only edit those foods.

On the Web
    - Click on the "Food" tab, then click "My Foods." Search for the food you'd like to edit or delete, then click on that item in the search results. Finally, click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button to make modifications to your food.

In our iOS apps
    - In the Menu (or "More" page) tap "My Meals, Recipes & Foods" then "My Foods."
    - Tap the item you wish to edit, then tap "Edit Food"
    - Be sure to save your changes.

In our Android app
    - In the Menu tap "Recipes Meals & Foods" then "Foods."
    - Tap the food and make changes on the next screen.

To delete a personal food from that list:
    - iPad and iPhone users: swipe the item from right to left, then tap "Delete"

Android users: Tap the three dots on the top right, then "Edit" icon, place a check next to the items, then tap the "Delete" (trash can) icon

Answers

• ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    I can't figure it out on my desktop computer as I only see an option there to edit a particular food. But in my phone app (Android), under the 'Me' menu option, then 'My Items,' when I select 'Foods' I see the three dots at the top of the page that lets me edit. Then I get check boxes by each entry and a trash can at the top of my screen to delete the checked entries.
  • freedomlass
    edited February 2022
    durden wrote: »
    You can edit any food you have personally added to your database, and you can delete personal foods, as well, provided you have not shared them with the public database. At this time it is not possible to delete any food you've elected to share on the main database, you can only edit those foods.

On the Web
    - Click on the "Food" tab, then click "My Foods." Search for the food you'd like to edit or delete, then click on that item in the search results. Finally, click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button to make modifications to your food.

In our iOS apps
    - In the Menu (or "More" page) tap "My Meals, Recipes & Foods" then "My Foods."
    - Tap the item you wish to edit, then tap "Edit Food"

In our Android app
    - In the Menu tap "Recipes Meals & Foods" then "Foods."
    - Tap the food and make changes on the next screen.

To delete a personal food from that list:
    - iPad and iPhone users: swipe the item from right to left, then tap "Delete"

Android users: Tap the three dots on the top right, then "Edit" icon, place a check next to the items, then tap the "Delete" (trash can) icon

I don't want to delete anything from the Database I just want to remove them from the MyFoods list of items, it's so annoying to have to keep scrolling through them when I want to find something when I know 100% that they won't be used again.
  • freedomlass
    I can't figure it out on my desktop computer as I only see an option there to edit a particular food. But in my phone app (Android), under the 'Me' menu option, then 'My Items,' when I select 'Foods' I see the three dots at the top of the page that lets me edit. Then I get check boxes by each entry and a trash can at the top of my screen to delete the checked entries.

Thanks it sort of worked but only those items that don't appear in the database, I don't want to remove anything from there I just don't want them in my list anymore, like in the Recent or Frequent lists you can remove them if you happen to pick the wrong one or you don't use it anymore you can delete it from your list, but that isn't possible from the MyFoods list.
This discussion has been closed.