Non Scale Victories

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    Yep, congrats to Joone! Ain't it an awesome feeling!

As for you, Yooly, that's no mean feat! Maintenance still scares me....

And well done to you too, Connie, for hauling yourself back into the saddle!

I have faith in our little kick-*kitten* group!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022
    Went to my "family" doctor today (though she doesn't feel like one), because my ears are still a bit funny since January's run in with covid. While I was waiting, I noticed a poster for a weight management clinic - including nutritionist, CBD, etc.

Before I left her office I asked her about the Weight Management Clinic - mentioned losing weight (I'm 90 pounds lighter than last time I saw her, but she didn't notice...lol) and then gaining a bit and thinking that maintenance will be the toughest part of the whole journey.

She looked at me and said that she didn't think I would qualify!!!!!!!!

Turns out I did. My BMI is almost 27. It had to be over 25. But....

WOW! That is the kind of brush off I would like to experience more often!
  • Bella_Figura
    edited February 2022
    Yay, Skinny Minnie, that's awesome! We can be maintenance buddies together - my BMI is just under 27 too...
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Oh to be 5 inches taller! 🥺
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Yeah... the inch thing! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    5?
  • Bella_Figura
    :D
  • PAV8888
    I've just realized that the DEXA scans did not consider my last 0.25 cm and have me down as 172c, instead of my "actual" 172.25 that was measured by them! I vehemently object to this "shortening"!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Hey I’ve lost nearly 2” in height from my 20s! I tried arguing with the medical staff but no luck. I keep getting shorter which causes my BMI to go up. Soooo unfair.
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2022
    which is why smartbmi has an "age adjustment" :wink: but I agree with you about the inherent unfriendliness!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Well, my BMI was 34 and now it is 45…. I am more than disappointed and disgusted with myself…as of this morning I gave myself a kick in the *kitten* and took my head out of the sand ( or in this case, food )…. I asked my husband to holler at me but he wouldn’t as he loves me at 34 or 45…. He is no help at all….I swore when I joined MFP that it would be my very last attempt to lose weight….if I don’t come to my senses I am going to stop…I am tired of struggling….I threw out all of my large fat clothes and now my pounds ( 44 gained since June ) are making my pants rather snug….I will either get my act together or waddle off into the sunset….I am giving myself one month to decide….I go to the doctors Wed. and if he doesn’t drop over dead when he sees my weight, he will hopefully inspire me…if I continue feeling like I do currently I am afraid I am going to give up…the battle is real and the stress is overwhelming…maybe he will give me new “ happy” pills….
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2022
    Connie, how does giving up help?

Have you ever figured out an "I could live eating like this" type of food intake? Not just quick up and down, but long term?

Do you balance volume and calories or just drop calories when you're on and eat other stuff when off?

Also.... you do realize all the stress you've been under right? Is there any Connie time in there at all? Connie time that does not have to do with food? 🐹🤔
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Connie, how does giving up help?

Have you ever figured out an "I could live eating like this" type of food intake? Not just quick up and down, but long term?

Do you balance volume and calories or just drop calories when you're on and eat other stuff when off?

Also.... you do realize all the stress you've been under right? Is there any Connie time in there at all? Connie time that does not have to do with food? 🐹🤔

I have some “Connie Time”… I had my hair and toes and nails done last week….I have my late evenings to myself…I shop alone a few times a week….and in a few weeks I will swim a couple of hours a day….

Giving up would mean I am just done….not caring about my weight and health….eat as I please….stop measuring and logging….

Yes I eat some volume….lots of vegetables and foods that have fiber and for bulk….cabbage is a good filler….soup, casseroles, etc…( I am not putting spaghetti sauce on green beans!)

I could live on cookies, sandwiches, and candy….that would be a LOT of calories….

Don’t give up on me my friend….I have been down this road before….I am spiraling right now but I am a survivor….I I’ll get through this and be stronger for it….I have a magic wand on order!
  • Yoolypr
    Come on Connie! We have to fight the weight to the bitter end. I am not giving up nor should you! When I finally go I want to be remembered as that lovely svelte lady with a skinny obit picture to prove it.
  • conniewilkins56
    I am here and I have had a good day….I had a good week until we had company for three days….
  • Yoolypr
    At the gym today, a little old lady - okay she was probably younger than me!- stopped by while I was on the stationary bike. She whispered, “I admire your dedication”. Made my day.
  • Bella_Figura
    Whoop whoop! So do I Yooly - you're an inspiration!
  • Yoolypr
    I have a routine 6 month follow up with my doctor on Thursday. Although my weight is up 2 lbs.(today!), I realized I no longer dread doctor appointments. In the past I would agonize for days and have major anxiety about the upcoming imagined (or real) disapproval and judgement.
    New doctor, new body - now it’s easier to discuss physical issues without the inevitable “it’s your weight” diagnosis. It’s good to be listened to.
  • Yoolypr
    Went to a social club meeting today. Had a small half sandwich and avoided the chocolate cupcakes topping with mile-high frosting. But I took two cupcakes 🧁🧁home for hubby. He promptly snarfed down both in a matter of minutes. Not only stayed in deficit but made hubby happy too.