Tell me how you're feeling, right this minute

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Happy to see @Kosmoskitten. :)
    Feeling obsessed about germs right now, exasperated that others don't ever wash their hands while mine are all red and chapped.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Hungry. Can't wait to eat the lunch I packed for work. Philly cheesesteak wrap, tater tots, cheese cubes and bacon bits over a salad. 🤤
  • ReenieHJ
    @Chef_Barbell Probably be a good time to jump on the scales. :)

You're going to work after? Aren't you going to be all drugged up for awhile? I know dh always comes home and sleeps the rest of the day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Chef_Barbell Probably be a good time to jump on the scales. :)

You're going to work after? Aren't you going to be all drugged up for awhile? I know dh always comes home and sleeps the rest of the day.

I'm in maintenance. I have lots of calories since I work on my feet all day 🙃
  • Singing_Banshee
    Singing_Banshee Posts: 44 Member
    A little dizzy 🌪😁
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Happy that my roof is getting replaced. Sad a relative is upset asking for a picture back given over 30 yrs ago. I threw it out.
  • Singing_Banshee
    I’m an ice queen, nothing and no one can hurt me 👍💪🏻
  • ReenieHJ
    Apprehensively happy since it appears a few people are popping back into the forums. Hopeful they'll stay. But I miss @MaltedTea, her wisdom. And @Revolu7 with his reno pictures.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Wondering if @cwolfman13 survived the thirst and colonoscopy.

Happy to see @KosmosKitten back.

A little worried about the newbies who get so down about not being able to stick to their goals.

And gassy!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Currently I'm feeling passed over and ignored. This place and the lack of people I once chatted with aren't helping. It's like stepping into it brand new all over again.

But consistently, throughout my time on this planet, that's how I've felt. Always passed over for people who look better than I do, have better resources, etc. And then everyone wonders why I'm such a curmudgeon and don't really like nor associate with people unless I have to. You would, too if everyone in your lifetime treated you like you don't exist *unless* they wanted something from you.

No thanks; I'm better off alone.

This is exactly me, I know this too well. The loneliness of it all gets to me sometimes.
  • ReenieHJ
    Currently I'm feeling passed over and ignored. This place and the lack of people I once chatted with aren't helping. It's like stepping into it brand new all over again.

But consistently, throughout my time on this planet, that's how I've felt. Always passed over for people who look better than I do, have better resources, etc. And then everyone wonders why I'm such a curmudgeon and don't really like nor associate with people unless I have to. You would, too if everyone in your lifetime treated you like you don't exist *unless* they wanted something from you.

Awwww :(
    FWIW, you've always made an imprint on my time here on MFP. You're one of the ones whose posts I've always looked for and read.
    I wish you had different feelings about yourself. :( I'm always telling my sister I wish she could see herself how others see her. And I think that's true of many people, you included.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Apprehensively happy since it appears a few people are popping back into the forums. Hopeful they'll stay. But I miss @MaltedTea, her wisdom. And @Revolu7 with his reno pictures.

I'm feeling bewildered and baffled why my post got a disagree.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

This is exactly me, I know this too well. The loneliness of it all gets to me sometimes.

I think I've adapted to the loneliness to the point where I'm not bothered by it, but maybe also, I am an introvert and get my energy from being alone? Being in a room full of people and chatting can be fun (sometimes), but I find it really, really draining. I will take hard naps after a few hours of chatting at a social event.

I'm sad that so many people I got to know here are gone (well, at least not present on the forums, some of them I have as friends so I can still keep up, but that's not everyone). And now I can't even figure out how to add friends anymore? Did they fix that while I took a short vacation from here?
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    I feel sad that a new friend I've bonded with so well lives several states away
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I think I've adapted to the loneliness to the point where I'm not bothered by it, but maybe also, I am an introvert and get my energy from being alone? Being in a room full of people and chatting can be fun (sometimes), but I find it really, really draining. I will take hard naps after a few hours of chatting at a social event.

I'm sad that so many people I got to know here are gone (well, at least not present on the forums, some of them I have as friends so I can still keep up, but that's not everyone). And now I can't even figure out how to add friends anymore? Did they fix that while I took a short vacation from here?

I sent you a friend request in case you wanted a new friend
  • ReenieHJ
    Frustrated and a little sad. I'm showing no symptoms of Covid despite dh being self-tested positive on Wednesday. My sister keeps telling me she wants to go walking, is bored, and misses me. :( I'm sick and tired of these 4 walls and the routine that I definitely can do in my sleep. She asked if I can go walking with her tomorrow plus it's grocery day tomorrow. If I wake up tomorrow, again symptom free, I think I'll self-test and get out if it's negative. Extra masking, gloves and walking outside.......keeping fingers crossed.
  • Singing_Banshee
    🥰
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2022
    glassyo wrote: »
    Wondering if @cwolfman13 survived the thirst and colonoscopy.

Happy to see @KosmosKitten back.

A little worried about the newbies who get so down about not being able to stick to their goals.

And gassy!

@glassyo I did. It actually all worked out pretty well because they had to move my appointment up from noon to 8 AM with a checking of 7 AM so I was sleeping for most of the time I wasn't allowed any liquids at all. I was up until around 1 AM before things settled down enough for me to sleep...so I got a good 5 hrs and got up just in time to take a quick shower and head to the hospital.

All in all, it wasn't that bad. I went through a lot of bouillon which helped satisfy my hunger for something savory. I ate a lot of gelatin which was ok...I don't remember the last time I had gelatin, and it will likely be a very long time before I have it again. My laxatives were all over the counter which I think must be more gentle on the stomach...some of my friends had to take a prescription and they just kept telling me how horrible it was on the gut. Not something I'm particularly eager to sign on for again anytime soon, but not a huge deal either.