What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    whi3a5ilgfvf.jpg

5 gram of Pescience Cake Pop Protein powder
    1 tsp+ Xanthan gum
    1 cup of ice
    1/4 cup of cold brew
    Plus Vitamix
    20-30 calories

OMG I NEED TO DO THIS!!!! So low calorie. I hate coffee so will leave it that out. I can't believe someone disagreed. This reminds me of my favorite "volume eating" thread on here. I haven't made protein ice cream in months.
  • Rosetoile
    Rosetoile Posts: 6 Member
    Sweet potatoes! So delicious and sweet when roasted whole, especially the Japanese and Hawaiian ones.
    Also fruit
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    Pomegranates. And I missed pomegranate season, dammit. My obsession became obsessive too late.
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    Whoever disagreed with my post, it's really good! 😆

We all know that some on here are very special keyboard warriers lol :)
    That PES powder you use is one of my fav for ice cream / fluffs etc. Easy to add another zero cal flavours to make it even better.
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    whi3a5ilgfvf.jpg

5 gram of Pescience Cake Pop Protein powder
    1 tsp+ Xanthan gum
    1 cup of ice
    1/4 cup of cold brew
    Plus Vitamix
    20-30 calories

OMG I NEED TO DO THIS!!!! So low calorie. I hate coffee so will leave it that out. I can't believe someone disagreed. This reminds me of my favorite "volume eating" thread on here. I haven't made protein ice cream in months.

That was / is one great thread ;)
  • jrowens3102
    jrowens3102 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm so 2019. :D But I'm into avocado toast w/everything bagel seasoning, cocoa raspberry chia pudding and Greek yogurt with pistachios & honey right now. They're all just SO easy to throw together and taste great.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

That PES powder you use is one of my fav for ice cream / fluffs etc. Easy to add another zero cal flavours to make it even better.

Yes...I actually forgot to list that I also use Jordan Skinny Syrups to the mix too...a must imo!🙂
  • springlering62

Yes...I actually forgot to list that I also use Jordan Skinny Syrups to the mix too...a must imo!🙂

I’d like to meet this Jordan and hug her (presumably a her). Her syrups have rocked my world.

(Please please please don’t come out and say they cause cancer, aren’t really zero cal, yada yada. There’s always a spoil sport somewhere ! )
  • Noreenmarie1234

I’d like to meet this Jordan and hug her (presumably a her). Her syrups have rocked my world.

(Please please please don’t come out and say they cause cancer, aren’t really zero cal, yada yada. There’s always a spoil sport somewhere ! )

If they do I will be the first to find out as I go through a bottle a day 😳😅.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    I’ve been making bread using the spent grains from my husband’s beer brewing. It’s soooooo good. I try to justify that’s it’s healthy since spent grains have a lot of trace minerals and slightly higher protien and fiber than normal :D
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Obsessed with these. Been having 2 every night the past two weeks. Way better than the field roast mini corn dogs. They taste like ball park corn dogs I used to eat as a kid. I actually microwave them because I prefer them soft to crunchy like they get in the air fryer. Dipped in spicy mustard. y2ysbqa814hc.jpeg
  • springlering62
    edited January 2022
    Used the leftover whey from skyr making to bake a loaf of bread. It was delish!!!!!

Used the skyr and the new toy to make apple pie ice cream:

2 servings homemade skyr
    1 can apple pie filling
    Cinnamon
    1 tbsp whipping cream
    2 smashed graham cracker sheets
    1 individual tub Mott’s Apple sauce (because it would take me a year to go through a whole jar)

Made 4 servings @240 apiece. Everyone was smacking their lips.

Up tomorrow: Sorta Colada Sorbet
    2 mooshed ripe bananas
    Large can mandarin oranges, partially drained
    Jordan’s coconut syrup

2 Servings about 210/each.

I’m obsessed with this Ninja Creami gadget. And I can eat ice cream any time I want? And it’s healthy and good for me? Did I die and go to heaven?!!!

PS: the 1 tbsp whipping cream is because ice cream apparently needs fat and/or sugar in order to “cream” well. Someone online experimented and said 2.5gr per pint was optimal for her. That’s half a tablespoon per pint, hence a tbsp spread over four half pint servings.

“New Me” is perfectly happy with half a pint. Now if only I could be the same with tortilla chips. *sigh*
  • PAPYRUS3
    @springlering62 - that Ninja gadget is a new thing to me. Looks fun!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Peanut butter 😬

yes...seems I have always 'obsessed' over this one...

the struggle is real🙃

^^^☆☆Yes the struggle is REALLY REAL!! ☆☆^^^😂

I got Lantano powdered peanut butter( monk fruit no sugar) I mix with sugar free maple, almond milk, glucomannan powder( fiber root also called Konjak that shiritaki is often made from) I super vumize it and use Good Good sugar free preserves on rice cake or Carbonite gluten free bread.

o039yrygjej1.jpg
    cg8hqydmb876.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    This dressing is soooo good! It tastes like super creamy high calorie Italian but only 30 calories. Love the cauliflower because it gives it that creaminess. Perfect amount of tang. 6jv9q96ewx50.jpeg
    7cp71zw3fsoa.jpeg
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I love the Madras Lentils in the multipack at Costco. They are so easy to make (60 seconds in the microwave) and I can eat them solo or with a piece of pita or a bit of rice. I have a small baby now and I need food that is somewhat healthy and quick to make. I also like the Morningstar Buffalo Chik’n Patties. So easy.

• o0Firekeeper0o
    I’ve been into snacky foods a lot lately. Cheese and crackers, pickled things, salami, etc. I’ve been eating like a toddler the last week lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2022
    Walmart great value chunky salsa. It is just SOOO good I have been eating it by the spoonful. I know it's weird that super cheap salsa tastes so good to me. It just has this wonderfully salty/vinegary/banana peppery flavor to it that I can't get enough of!

Way better than fresh salsa or any of the expensive brands that I used to buy.

l3gq2b0z8qzg.png
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Eggs for breakfast! In all kinds of different forms!
  • PAPYRUS3
    pd22ehnqk5vj.png
    I've been loving these things lately...I am loving them with some Swerve brown sugar on top of my protein ice 'cream' that I enjoy most nights lol!