Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    How many times today will I stop for coffee, on the way to and from the airport as I say goodbye to my friend who's been visiting for a week? How long will it take me to lose the extra pounds I've put on during his visit, having had two dinners at Texas Roadhouse, a big dinner from Dynasty Gardens, leftovers from those meals, several big breakfasts with eggs, bacon or sausage, and hash browns, etc.?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    Depends...what do your dinners and breakfasts look like when you are NOT playing host?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,667 Member
    Also, did you stop working out entirely while your friend was staying with you?
  • frankwbrown
    nossmf wrote: »
    Depends...what do your dinners and breakfasts look like when you are NOT playing host?
    Don't I often just have oatmeal w/ blueberries or blackberries for breakfast?
    But to answer my own question, since I've been intentionally eating more and trying to lose only around half a pound a week don't I expect I'll need at least a month to get back on track?
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Also, did you stop working out entirely while your friend was staying with you?
    Didn't we go on several walks and hikes that were cake walks for him, considering that he walked the Camino de Santiago several years back. And wasn't I able to get in some swimming and yoga/pilates prior to 7am, before he rose? But wasn't that still less than half what I'd been doing?

Who's going to win the AFC/NFC championship games this weekend?
  • cmsienk
    Wouldn't I first have to know who's playing? 🙄🤣
  • frankwbrown
    would it help if I said Patrick, Travis, Tyreek, Joe, Ja'Maar, Jimmy, George, Deebo, Matthew and Odell will be playing, to name just a few? 😁😂
  • nossmf
    Would you agree with me that since Rodgers and Brady are NOT playing this weekend, it really doesn't matter who wins? But won't I be rooting for Matthew to go all the way, as vindication for his years wasted in Detroit?

And for the benefit of @cmsienk, did you understand his references to mean the two games will be Bengals vs Chiefs and Rams vs 49ers, winners get to play in the Super Bowl?
  • cmsienk
    Do you know that while I knew the winners of the two games would be playing in the Super Bowl, I haven't been following much this year, so I didn't know which teams were playing?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Did you know that here in Australia I didnt even know the Super Bowl was on?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Is it -6° F where you are?
    g8i9mfz9us55.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    You mean, in my freezer? 🤔
    Oh wait... no, that's +5° F! 🥶
  • cmsienk
    Hasn't it reached 9° now? But isn't my woodstove keeping it in the 70s on the main floor? (What were those emojis for cozy, Frank? 🐑 🔥?)
  • nossmf
    Do you know that spending five winters in North Dakota close to the Canadian border made it difficult for me to be impressed by cold temperatures like six below? When I got to experience first-hand temperatures of sixty below, and wind-chills of 100 below, is it any wonder six below sounds to me like brisk but not actually freezing yet?

When I got out of the military and offered to move the family back to North Dakota (where I met my wife who grew up there), do you know how fast she was to say NO?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Since I didn't grow up in North Dakota, do you know I am impressed by -6°F?
    Doesn't a healthy respect for how cold anything below 0°F is make me glad that it's a balmy 23° here right now?
  • frankwbrown
    Don't I rarely see temperatures below freezing here? How cold would you think it was here yesterday if I told you I took a walk in shorts and a t-shirt? And right now, isn't it about 60 F?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Do you know how envious I am?
  • frankwbrown
    Wouldn't I share a little sunshine if I could?
    But isn't this a good time to enjoy the warmth and coziness of your fireplace?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    🐑 Isn't that exactly what I'm doing now while I give Cat wrong instructions on ordering her tasks and chat query with you? 😄
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    Weren’t your suggestions super helpful?
  • cmsienk
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Weren’t your suggestions super helpful?

Is your son appreciating all the work experience you're giving him? How was your latte? Did you burn some calories during your hike? What time is bedtime so you can start your last task?