What's one thing you know now...

What's one thing you know now, that you wish you knew when you got started?
Tagged:

Replies

• londoneye wrote: »
    Consistency is more important than perfection

So completely true! Perfection is unobtainable, so when we fall short, it can have a devastating effect.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Personalization of tactics is key. Different people do best with different tactics, depending on their individual preferences, strengths, limitations, and overall lifestyle.

For a specific individual, finding the habits that are easy enough to be pretty much flying autopilot, is likely to make loss, and especially long term maintenance, much easier.

P.S. I kinda disagree about consistency. I'm inconsistent AF, but lost and maintain OK anyway.

ETA, in case it isn't obvious: I'm perfectly willing to believe that consistency is important, essential even, for some people, maybe even most people. Why would I disbelieve what others say works for them?

Methinks you are more consistent than you imply.

You may be inconsistent day to day, but when you take three giant steps backwards you would see that, overall, you consistently avoid eating more calories than you expend. I think that was the idea that @londoneye was putting out there.

And in general, thank you for all your well reasoned contributions to our little family.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Sometimes "hunger pangs" are just... gas. :D

Waiting a bit before eating at the first sign of "hunger" is key.