All Things Sartorial

Unsafespace
Unsafespace Posts: 88 Member
Kind of like the "hot guys in suits" thread but it doesn't have to be full-on suits. I myself prefer suit separates for a more casual appearance. Anyway, all things sartorial are welcome.
Β«13

Replies

• Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    adh0hwtcvocu.jpg

qahe91yupi55.jpg

h41qasgmblrd.jpg

2l5d9q9pk9n3.jpg

jzb3imf06tl9.jpg
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    I've almost been minded to pick up a red or purple jacket, I'm just not sure I'd get my money's worth out of it as they are not all that versatile.

Which would you say looks better between the red or the purple? How about between both reds?

Deconstructed red jacket in a hopsack weave
    bjtxguqz90f0.jpgl2abvuac96ds.jpg

Or red herringbone
    68uoqe2gsrx9.jpgg1c323lltfcx.jpg

Or..... deconstructed purple in a hopsack weave
    cslu42oeae6k.jpg

• Unsafespace
    How 'bout some green with light grey pants

ieqdgond9tmb.jpg
    b3nigwh6dair.jpg
    xpoom5jamug7.jpg

• Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Really you don't need to go this fancy. More important than style of wear, quality of fabric, etc,.... perhaps most important of all when it comes to any clothes, is to get your fit right

A person in lower quality fabrics but with spot-on fit will look better than the person standing in the same room with higher quality fabrics but ill-fitting garments

zxrgoitdr4sa.jpg

Check this out πŸ‘‡πŸ». Tapered jogger-style leg so you don't have a bunch of frumpled fabric at the bottom of the legs (or make sure the length of the leg is correct on you if you like a more relaxed fit vs tapered), clean white shirt, green jacket to add some color to the black and white. BOOM! Dynamite!

awco1r36l0ld.jpg

☝🏻 doesn't have to be super-fancy attire. Just polish up your look whatever your style /budget/etc. People notice when you at least try and are motivated in life, not just in regards to clothing, though.

And that's why a lot of us came to MFP, yeah? Calorie counting to better ourselves, improve our look in terms of physicality, came here for self-improvement. Get on it!! πŸ€œπŸ»πŸ€›πŸ½
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Having said that.. I'm kinda stoked about this pocket square coming in the mail πŸ‘‡πŸ»

100% linen, light brown with grey accents. Methinks it'll go great with the green linen sport coat. Casual white drawstring pants take the formality back a notch while still retaining a polished elegance. One spicy pepper of a look 😏🌢

x75yyfiij0jc.jpg9gau3uk3qojo.jpgsd8dv87nosgx.jpg

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Your wardrobe choices look smart. Very nice.

I've always liked the look of a blazer with jeans on a guy. Casual yet cares enough.....
  • Unsafespace
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»
    Your wardrobe choices look smart. Very nice.

I've always liked the look of a blazer with jeans on a guy. Casual yet cares enough.....

Thanks πŸ™‚. It doesn't have to be fancy attire, all things style-wise are welcome in this thread.
  • Unsafespace
    Green linen blazer arrived in the mail. Although, I won't have a chance to wear it for the first time until March. Which is actually kind of fitting, you know? Green blazer in March.... Irish holidays aside, i'm not really sure why the color green is associated with the month of March. Anyway, gonna to be good to maybe try and put some of the following looks together

kmyx1bzs7zp1.jpg
    ucqa3nx16ccl.jpg
    0vwtyunicpz2.jpg
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Anyone in here ever try moleskin pants? I have a pair which, judging by just the feel, I thought they were going to be made at least partially with cashmere. These things are pillowy soft. Then I looked at the tag and found out it's a blend of i think four fabrics, the main one being cotton. Quite the surprise..
    I'm freshly discovering moleskin and this stuff is amazing.
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Hugo Boss – I'm going to put you in the spotlight for a minute. I'm sorry but you're like a slightly higher version of Calvin Klein which in my opinion is mediocre at best, sorry to say. Calvin Klein.. endorsed by celebrities which has hyped the brand's image, but unfortunately the quality just isn't there.
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Under Armour – kudos to you for making some of the most comfortable casual shirts. The cotton blend graphic t-shirts with a ton of stretch? Those things take a beating with tons of washes and still hold up. They're ever-comfortable and back when the economy was a little better you can get two for $25? That was a deal..
  • Unsafespace
    Banana Republic – your t-shirts, merino sweaters, and regular sweaters can all look great, but the quality is utter garbage. One or two washes and they start pilling like crazy and I already start to see loose threads. Not sure about your suits as I've never tried them. Your button-up dress shirts are pretty good. Jeans and chinos are on point πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Can't wait for these to arrive in the mail and try them on 😁. Black 100% linen button up shirt with light grey drawstring pants.

mt5unts0ur78.jpg2mw2tgt3qrtb.jpg

• Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Sartorial advice/wisdom of the day? Gents, pull up your pants and stop sagging them below your butt. It makes you look like you don't have your life together. And nobody wants to see your butt in boxer briefs.

That is all.
  • ReenieHJ
    Glad you said what I was thinking. :)
  • Unsafespace
    Sartorial advice/wisdom of the day? Gents, pull up your pants and stop sagging them below your butt. It makes you look like you don't have your life together. And nobody wants to see your butt in boxer briefs.

That is all.

To be fair, there are some boxer-briefs-covered behinds worth seeing

I get what you're saying.. you think some guys have a nice hiney. But when it comes to style and presenting yourself to the world, it just look uncouth/gutter.
  • Unsafespace
    edited January 2022
    Got some new kicks 😁
    Not bad with a dark navy blazer and some jeans 😌

tgpbrad8g2y0.jpg
    rf2xnu10papv.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    edited January 2022
    Jeans yes
    Blazer yes
    Shoes Jury's out
    Maybe when they're scuffed up a bit. :)
    But this is coming from a person who has 3 pr. of jeans and about 5 shirts to her name and definitely needs a new pair of athletic shoes. ;)
  • Singing_Banshee
    Singing_Banshee Posts: 44 Member
    New word of the week… β€œ google…”
    Back n a sec..
  • Singing_Banshee
    Singing_Banshee Posts: 44 Member
    Ah well why didn’t you just say tailored suits and dresses? πŸ€”πŸ˜‚