What irks you today?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    I guess 14yrs is all I get from the television in my bedroom.
    It just blinks off, on, off, on, off,
    I think it’s telling me goodbye. 😂

Maybe it's morse code and is telling you it's in trouble. (I don't have the creativity to come up with that trouble.)
  • glassyo
    edited January 2022
    I should not read blog comments!

I watch General Hospital and some of the comments for yesterday's episode...

Certain people who sway a certain way politically don't like feminists. One person was saying how she doesn't think 3 of the characters on the show are. I think it totally goes over her head that one's a PI, another a nurse, and the third is a world renowned super spy.

She also said she wouldn't hire the one female (an attorney) who she thinks is one but would the only two male attorneys in town.

I came out of lurkdom to ask what she has against feminists and what exactly she thinks they do/are because sometimes you have to call people out on their b.s. thinking.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Rain again.. c'mon, its supposed to be Summer 😫
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Cleaning. Cleaning is irking me today. I don't want to, but, I got it! :smiley:
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »
    I should not read blog comments!

I watch General Hospital and some of the comments for yesterday's episode...

Certain people who sway a certain way politically don't like feminists. One person was saying how she doesn't think 3 of the characters on the show are. I think it totally goes over her head that one's a PI, another a nurse, and the third is a world renowned super spy.

She also said she wouldn't hire the one female (an attorney) who she thinks is one but would the only two male attorneys in town.

I came out of lurkdom to ask what she has against feminists and what exactly she thinks they do/are because sometimes you have to call people out on their b.s. thinking.

Aaaaand her answer was exactly what I thought it would be. A lesbian who hates men.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,417 Member
    That I have so many symptoms, can’t walk across the room without huffing and puffing and still,
    I tested negative.
    I could’ve been immune………😕
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    That I have so many symptoms, can’t walk across the room without huffing and puffing and still,
    I tested negative.

Maybe you have the "cold from hell" that lasts 2 weeks. It'll knock you on your butt, it's so awful, and fatigue is a big part of it, plus mucus and sneezing-coughing that never seem to end.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I tested negative.

Feel better soon!
  • glassyo
    I was in the boss' office when he called a client I had apparently gone above and beyond to help. She wants to pay me something and asked how much to pay me.

So, anyway, after they got off the phone I was a little shocked he said how much he said and he was telling me other people were making 3 times doing what I did.

I half jokingly said good because I haven't had a raise in 3 years and he said....

"You already make enough." Not really in a mean way but in a I make more than most people in my position way.

But three years.

Even if I suck.

That was NOT the reaction he was supposed to give! He was supposed to be surprised it's been that long!

Oh and when i said I'd have to declare how much he told the client to pay me, he said to write off my walking.

And clients (a different one) don't *kitten* listen. Just give me what I asked for.
  • ReenieHJ
    Having to stay home and wait for symptoms to hit me, instead of getting out. :( I've had close exposure and don't want to take a chance of possibly spreading anything. So instead, I sit here and watch everything that gets handled by hands and it's driving me nuts. Becoming obsessed with what germs we're leaving behind.

Oh and my hands are so raw and red from constant washing.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    People who complain they are lonely and bored lonely and bored lonely and bored, for years... yet don’t bother to do anything about it but complain. Get a job, join a team, go play bingo, you will meet people.
    Instead you would rather sit around and be pitiful.

Also the internet isn’t a substitute for real life.
  • glassyo
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    People who complain they are lonely and bored lonely and bored lonely and bored, for years... yet don’t bother to do anything about it but complain. Get a job, join a team, go play bingo, you will meet people.

The internet actually can be a good place to get a real life. It's pretty easy to meet people. Dangerous....but easy! :)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »

The internet actually can be a good place to get a real life. It's pretty easy to meet people. Dangerous....but easy! :)

Only they don’t use it to meet people in real life.
  • ReenieHJ
    Close minded people. Arrogant people who are close minded.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Currently: the cold weather. I really don't enjoy cold weather. It dries out my skin (which makes it hurt) and I hate feeling the cold on my face. I also despise having to put on three layers just to feel comfortable enough to walk to the store or to school (about a 5 - 10 min. walk).
  • honey_honey_12
    Not much,
    unless I sit and ponder things then I’ll have a whole list.
  • honey_honey_12
    The glacial speed of this website
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    This may irk me for days to come, but I had my screen protector replaced the other day. It looked all smooth when he put it on. When I looked at my phone I noticed a circle that I thought would align with something once I use my phone.

The circle doesn't align with anything! Not the call/answer button, no numbers, nothing that's useful to me. Just a random circle that's visible at most angles.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Rain.. The rain irks me today