TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited March 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    Hallo everyone,
    My name is Ellie. I am married and mum to three teenagers.
    My starting weight is 230lbs and goal weight is around 150 lbs. I'll see when I get there :wink:

I have 3 jobs: I work part time as a high school kitchen assistant, part time as a high school cleaner and part time as a cook. I got myself in a little bit of debt that is the reason of my evening cook job. As soon as my debts are cleared I am going to give up that job.
    I guess the weight gain started when my youngest boy was born. He developed epilepsy and instead of his seizures lasting maximum three minutes it lasted for half an hour. Each time we had to take him to hospital, always for testing etc ... My frequent absences from work meant I had to stop working and money trouble started. Add the worry for the health of my son and worrying for the rest of the family - my stress eating developed :neutral:

Anyway .... I am in a good place now. I am slowly paying of my debts, my son is seizure free for few months so it is time to get rid of my excess baggage. I am hoping to lose 80lbs as soon as possible - doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it is gone.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and lets lose some weight together :smiley:
    So sorry for your son. Glad he has been seizure free.
    Glad you are in a better place as well. You got this.
  • vicky2767
    Welcome February. Glad to be back apart of this team . What a great bunch of people.
  • Patricehm16
    Patricehm16 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi everyone! Glad I found this group. Looking forward to getting healthy with you all. One bad habit erased at a time. Late night snacking is my weakness and I’m hoping to end this very bad habit!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    My name is Leah. I am 27 years old, and in (hopefully) my last semester of graduate school. I suffer from depression, ADHD, and PCOS. My anxiety and hectic life between my part-time job at a library, grad school, and everything in my personal leaves me very busy. Some might even say stretched very thin. I gained over 50 lbs. in college, and I gained about 15 lbs more when I moved to North Carolina four years ago. I am in a more stable place with my job and living situation, but because of school, I can’t balance a full-time or multiple multi-hour part-time jobs. At one three-month span, I worked four jobs in Charlotte. My mental health took such a dive, I was afraid to sleep at night, wondering if I wanted to wake up the next day. I contemplated suicide, and reached my breaking point.

I was in a massive car accident last fall. A drunk driver hit me at 100mph, totalling my car and sending me and my school semester into a tailspin. It did not help I was surprised with my rental house sold and juggling it on my own filling out a new lease with a new landlord and finding new roommates for it. I also got slapped with thousands of dollars in fines I am told I owe the state because of erroneous information the state gave me about my unemployment, even though I did lose my other part-time job because of the pandemic lockdowns. I am still under doctor supervisor for treatment of injuries I sustained in my accident. I walked away with whiplash and bruising, but it caused new aches and exacerbated existing issues.

I am trying to catch up on last semester’s work on top of this semester; somehow make ends meet making a below-liveable wage; and get my physical and mental health in order. This group is a motivation that change is possible, but between my current responsibilities and my health issues, I struggle to move forward long-term. All I can say is, I am trying.
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    Hallo everyone,
    My name is Ellie. I am married and mum to three teenagers.
    My starting weight is 230lbs and goal weight is around 150 lbs. I'll see when I get there :wink:

I have 3 jobs: I work part time as a high school kitchen assistant, part time as a high school cleaner and part time as a cook. I got myself in a little bit of debt that is the reason of my evening cook job. As soon as my debts are cleared I am going to give up that job.
    I guess the weight gain started when my youngest boy was born. He developed epilepsy and instead of his seizures lasting maximum three minutes it lasted for half an hour. Each time we had to take him to hospital, always for testing etc ... My frequent absences from work meant I had to stop working and money trouble started. Add the worry for the health of my son and worrying for the rest of the family - my stress eating developed :neutral:

Anyway .... I am in a good place now. I am slowly paying of my debts, my son is seizure free for few months so it is time to get rid of my excess baggage. I am hoping to lose 80lbs as soon as possible - doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it is gone.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and lets lose some weight together :smiley:

You can do it, Ellie! @ells_bellz
  • AB0215
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Accountability Challenge (Optional)

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. I definitely encourage participation for a couple reasons, one of the being it helps to keep your goals in focus daily but also it's motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's definitely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to February 2022 Challenge!

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 43 yrs old, still on this journey  since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of January😥😥), chronic pain in the back and knees.

Current Weight: 474.1bs
    75.9lbs and 75 inches lost overall so far.

Everyone has their own lifestyle change but mines was surrending my will daily to my Savior and thanking Him each night for getting me though the day. Through that 1st step acknowledging I can't do this myself the Holy Spirit began urging me to change different things slowly by making one small change at a time and when I began to see results the Holy Spirit lead me to watch Documentary about animal products and how it impedes our health so I change my way of eating at least 80% following the Daniel Plan/Plant Base and it help me succeed further.

As I mention I still need to lose over 220lbs but I'm determined with my Saviors grace & mercy to continue on One day, one small step & change at a time.
    Woo Hoo because of His Grace and guidance along the way HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!

Just goes to show you when you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge, your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

My Plan for Success this month:

• Surrendering to God in prayer morning & night
    • Abstaining from Fast & Junk Food (except scheduled days)
    • Guidance from my Bariatric Doctor & Personal Trainer
    • Intermittent Fasting Window (16:8, 18:6, 20:4)
    • Currently participating in 4 challenges with Healthy Wage hope to win at least 2 out of the four so I put towards  my early 45th birthday trip (which I'm celebrating this year since my mom will be celebrating her 65th next year and we share the day.)
    • 10,000 steps goal
    • Keep working with Physical Therapist to improve my gait & balance & hoping to go from rollator to cane device by December
    • Continue Whole Food Plant Base Plan even on girls trip to Hiton Head for my sister & cousin birthday
    • Recommitted to No Fast/Junk food for next six months (store brought items) homemade recipes infused with protein powder & chia seed doesn't count towards junk
    • Hopefully lose 30lbs
    • 4x Zumba Chair Workout Daily so I can decrease my sedentary minutes & Aquatic Center at least 2x week (once my rollator is replaced safety first)
    • Continue to meditate daily
    • Encourage myself DAILY not to give up & stay positive & to keep journaling & tracking

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤
  • vicky2767
    @southgirl94 Leah, hang in there. Sounds like you’ve been through so much recently. You can overcome all these obstacles. Hugs. Xoxo

@gjaholy33 Gloria, wonderful goals. You got this! You’ve been doing great!!
  • thenextloser135
    thenextloser135 Posts: 38 Member
    mprais62
    Week 1
    PW =265
    CW=250
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 197.0
    CW: 196.2
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Welcome new team members and and hello again to ongoing teammates. Looking forward to continuing to “lose” with you all.

My monthly intro,
    Am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

I have lost 44lbs since I started, can now fit in clothes two sizes smaller and have lowered my resting heart rate by 15bpm. My lab results have also improved a lot. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I can now go up stairs without getting out of breath, am able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying and have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. My current goals are to get down to 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

I just finished a ring fit adventure kickstart program for the month of January, just have the testing left to do on Monday to see what progress has been made. For this month I really need to finish my research and get a strength training program started. Will just be simple things, bicep curls, squats, push ups, planks ect ect to start, main thing is I need to actually get it written down and start it
  • AB0215
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to February 2022!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be one of your Captains for this month.

Here's a little about me:

I'm 35 and in 2017 I decided to change my life and I spent the next 3 years losing 110 lbs. Covid hit, canceled all my plans and I ended up gaining back 70-75 of the 110 lbs I lost. I'm determined to re-lose the weight, though this time around I'm finding that it's much harder, but I'm going to do it.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them and in that spirit, my goal this month is to lose at least 5-8 lbs, but more than that, really focus on creating healthier habits for myself.

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Also, I am documenting my journey this time, really wish I’d done it last time, might have helped me to see how much I was gaining back when I did.
    I’d love to share that with you guys if you’re interested (no pressure if you’re not):
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPlYl6on2oXn-NevYDUWGYA

Welcome to February and let's make things happen this month together!!

Ashley (@AB0215)
  • vicky2767
    mprais62 wrote: »
    mprais62
    Week 1
    PW =265
    CW=250
    Wow 15 pounds!
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 197.0
    CW: 196.2
    Nice
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Welcome new team members and and hello again to ongoing teammates. Looking forward to continuing to “lose” with you all.

My monthly intro,
    Am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

I have lost 44lbs since I started, can now fit in clothes two sizes smaller and have lowered my resting heart rate by 15bpm. My lab results have also improved a lot. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I can now go up stairs without getting out of breath, am able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying and have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. My current goals are to get down to 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

I just finished a ring fit adventure kickstart program for the month of January, just have the testing left to do on Monday to see what progress has been made. For this month I really need to finish my research and get a strength training program started. Will just be simple things, bicep curls, squats, push ups, planks ect ect to start, main thing is I need to actually get it written down and start it

You got this
  • vicky2767
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to February 2022!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be one of your Captains for this month.

Here's a little about me:

I'm 35 and in 2017 I decided to change my life and I spent the next 3 years losing 110 lbs. Covid hit, canceled all my plans and I ended up gaining back 70-75 of the 110 lbs I lost. I'm determined to re-lose the weight, though this time around I'm finding that it's much harder, but I'm going to do it.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them and in that spirit, my goal this month is to lose at least 5-8 lbs, but more than that, really focus on creating healthier habits for myself.

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Also, I am documenting my journey this time, really wish I’d done it last time, might have helped me to see how much I was gaining back when I did.
    I’d love to share that with you guys if you’re interested (no pressure if you’re not):
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPlYl6on2oXn-NevYDUWGYA

Welcome to February and let's make things happen this month together!!

Ashley (@AB0215)

You got this!
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in
    Sun 1/30
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 53 minutes outdoor walking
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    February Week 1 - Sun, 1/30

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Daily post:

Sunday 1/30

Track: yes
    Exercise: no
    Calories: under
  • AB0215
    jpettigrew77
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 236.5
    CW: 233
    @jpettigrew77 New month began yesterday!
  • AB0215
    Mama530 wrote: »
    Daily post:

Sunday 1/30

Track: yes
    Exercise: no
    Calories: under
    @mama530 New month began yesterday!
This discussion has been closed.