Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - February 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
edited February 2022 in Social Groups
jsd2tdoy1v7w.png

Here is your Team chat room for February 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossibles!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:
    PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee will be putting your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. Also please feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    Check out our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly/monthly challenges on the main F2F page for added support and accountability. Home Page..

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I work for my small church as their ministry assistant, financial secretary, and janitress. I also volunteer with our children’s ministries and I co-lead our women’s ministry. So yeah, I am the church lady! :D

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and am determined to never give up on my dream of getting to a healthy goal weight and staying there! I’m a huge fan of Marty Kendall of Optimising Nutrition and plan to follow his approach to eating by doing a high protein, low carb, and moderate fat diet. I also enjoy working out using Beachbody on Demand.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

zu6ewruxhbbi.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Whoa, this is way early, totally threw me for a loop! I'm Kathy, one of the group motivators along with @trooworld . I'm 50 and live with my two cats in Northern CA in a little town between Folsom and Sacramento. I've been part of this group for almost three years, we're growing old together! I'll get super sentimental and sappy about it so let me just continue. I have numerous health issues, the most challenging CRPS from the chest down (basically nerve damage, it's an overreaction of the nervous system to what is usually physical trauma) then have had multiple back surgeries. I try to work out every day and am currently doing chair cardio, weights, stretching, then a yoga challenge I just picked back up but this time I'm modifying it so I don't get injured again! I have a home garden, help with the food bank farm, then with a local charity in town doing various events. I love reading, watching new shows, and obviously gardening! I'm always checking out music too. Let's have a great February gang!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    Oops, I accidentally posted my morning responses on the Jan board. I will not repost here, but give my introduction.

Hello! I am one of the team motivators along with the fabulous @Katmary71! I'm in my 50s, live in Southern California with my husband and pug Daisy. I've been overweight and struggling to lose it since my mid to late 20s. I am currently on WW, have been on WW off and on for years. I really feel like it's the only thing that works for me. My biggest struggle is probably that I am exercise-resistant meaning I hate to exercise! But as my phrase of the year says below, "something needs to change!" I do enjoy hiking but don't do it very often. In my spare time, I like to go on photoshoots with my friends, do artwork, crafts, and read. I look forward to us having a great February!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    The Week 1 Group Challenge for February begins Sunday, January 30th. It is now open and ready for lively discussion, information and great tips this week. Join us as we explore planning your meals each day with The Balanced Plate!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855106/february-week-1-group-challenge-the-balanced-plate#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • thenextloser135
    thenextloser135 Posts: 38 Member
    Username:Mprais62
    Weigh In Day: sundays
    PW (Previous Weight): 250
    CW (Current Weight):250
  • thenextloser135
    thenextloser135 Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2022
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @digger61 @tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the losses!

@FushiaKat I'm sorry about the setback.

@tammymccrady6278 Awww, what cuties! Thanks for sharing. COVID is making everything so hard. I can't wait for it to be over, too. I'm glad you figured out how to pot photos. Your pups are soooo cute!

@Katmary71 I did sort of, I didn't do a weights-based workout, I decided to go for a walk instead. LOL about Asher! Oh that recipe sounds good. Let me know how it is.

@kerritho Welcome back!

@mprais62 Hi and welcome to the team!

Hi all. I had to clean the entire fridge yesterday as something spilled and it didn't make sense to just clean one shelf. It really needed it so it took me about an hour to clean. :( I was tired by the time I finished so decided not to do a weights-based workout, instead I went for a walk with a reward: I parked a ways away from the coffee shop and walked there. I brought my Kindle so I just sat and drank my coffee and read. It was relaxing. Then I had to walk back to the car lol.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Quick Sunday Pop in- topics from Jan thread....

@Katmary71 - What you said about putting up with Asher made me smile

@FushiaKat - I was wondering where you were!

@tammymccrady6278 - you have such cute grands and pups! Thanks for posting.

@trooworld - did you get that workout in?

Welcome new members!

Dog is doing fine. It's been a cold and rainy week in FL. Haven't been out walking much. Had a hard freeze last night. This morning Hubs and I decided to bite the bullet and get out there. We really enjoyed being out in the sunshine! Happy Sunday all! Will do my intro tomorrow.

Lisa
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    giphy.gif

We have completed another month, folks! We really knocked it out of the park in January - let's try to keep up the momentum for February! Click the links below to see our results from the last week of January and the month overall.

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...

mko9j4y4uqe3.png
    nv1yue3nrfec.png
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 514 Member
    Woo Congrats Team!!
    I'm having a leisurely Sunday for the most part. I took a long hot bath with a Bath Bomb, and I got so relaxed I couldn't stand up very well to get out of the bath. I'm doing some housework and cooking loaded baked potatoes. 🥔

I loved seeing the picture of the kids and pup's omg so cute! I'll have to take pictures of all my kitties and share them.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!! 😁 I updated the Habit Tracker for February, I really liked doing that last month.

Have a great Sunday all! Kat
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I'm sorry for not posting any weights. We've had a sudden death in the family and I've been trying to be there for my wife. When I get back on track I'll post my weight.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 362 Member
    Greetings!
    It's been a pretty day here in Georgia! I got the opportunity to spend time with my great nieces who I affectionately call the "Sweet Potatoes." We had a pizza party and played checkers, tic tac to, and sequence. This was such a blessing for me. I ate 2 pieces of pizza but it was worth it.

I will start my February goal of working on things I eat. I am encouraged. Let's go get it people! B)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Hi gang! I had a good day, it was in the 60s today so I did some outside seed starting with lettuce, carrots, and a few other greens. Some of the cold weather seeds are starting and cucumbers and snap peas are already peeking out on the grow table, yeah! I do stand there cheering at each one, LOL. I'm not doing yoga today as my upper back is acting up, she's the queen of planks and downward dogs, I'm modifying planks but may have to lay off all the downward dogs too. Tomorrow's my OB/GYN appt, the doctor filling in for mine really was pushing a hysterectomy last time so I'm a little nervous, I'll see what this doctor recommends since my blood pressure makes hormones a little risky. I'd rather stay on hormones until menopause but if my only option is a hysterectomy or dealing with increased monthly pain for however many years it may be time to get it over with. Not much else going on, did my workout minus yoga and ate well, Asher's next to me purring on the couch and we're watching a documentary on Janet Jackson that's pretty good on A&E.. Have a great Monday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    Hi team MS... the last new member of February joining your awesome team .... Please welcome @nfll406
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Hi I’m a little confused (doesn’t take much 😂) I joined a few days ago should I have introduced myself in the January chat group or February chat group?
  • FushiaKat
    edited January 2022
    amioc wrote: »
    Hi I’m a little confused (doesn’t take much 😂) I joined a few days ago should I have introduced myself in the January chat group or February chat group?

Hi @amioc just chime in here, even if you posted in the January chat group it can't hurt to post here too.
  • FushiaKat
    edited January 2022
    @fatfifties any time you're not gaining is a good week. I'd be like Yeah!! Then tackle those stubborn pounds the next week as best as I can. You got this!
This discussion has been closed.