Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Sunday Jan 23rd - AF - Skating in the morning before work : - )
    Monday Jan 24th - AF - I have a very light day tomorrow, so considered having a drink, but my tummy will be much leaner in the morning if I don't. Counted my "lunges" while skating. 70 per minute and I skated for 60 minutes. 4200 lunges?
    Tuesday Jan 25th - AF - Skating tomorrow, and I am having a very busy work week, so AF. I might have drinks tomorrow.
    Wednesday Jan 26th - 2 drinks. I always had 3 drinks on drinks days, but now 2 is my sweet spot. Planned drinks for Friday and Saturday with a friend who is moving far away.
    Thursday Jan 27 - AF - Happily hit my 16. No plans to be AF over the next couple of days. Planning AF for Sunday.
    Friday Jan 28 - Drinks with my bestie who is about to be moving far away soon. I was crying before the Prosecco, and probably crying harder after. Getting together with her Saturday as well, and we will be having drinks again.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 28 days.
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited January 2022
    v751ps4h8e2z.jpeg
    Wow! @MissMay! That made the perfect poached eggs!!!!!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 777 Member
    OMG I am so worried about all you on the East Coast!.....I get freaked out with dense fog warning along with stagnant air warning blah blah.

Dry snow is much better but still.....guess if we move that way we better plan on a generator?
  • GiveHerGrace
    GiveHerGrace Posts: 101 Member
    Posting for accountability. 34 of the last 36 days have been AF.

12/25 - 12/31 AF
    1/1 - 1/26 AF
    1/27 - 2 drinks
    1/28 - 1/29 AF

Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts and suggestions regarding breaking my 33 day AF streak. I appreciate it and hope to learn from it.

Thinking of all of you on the East Coast dealing with the bomb cyclone. I just spent a week back in South Dakota and the bitter cold was bad enough. I can't imagine all of that snow on top of it. Back to my happy place just a few miles from @GlobalHiker now.

Have a happy Sunday.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Jan 1-6 AF
    Jan 7-9 Had wine
    Jan 10- 12 AF
    Jan 13-16 had wine
    Jan 17 - 19 AF
    Jan 20-22 had wine
    Jan 23-26 AF
    Jan 27 - 29 wine nights
    Jan 30 - AF - 17 AF out of 30- Goal is AF tomorrow to make 18 out of 30 AF
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    One more day left for this month. Check in and let us know how you were at keeping or tweaking your less drinking goals to make it through January.

Here is the link to follow us to February 2022:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855225/less-alcohol-february-2022-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1 😍
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Sunday Jan 23rd - AF - Skating in the morning before work : - )
    Monday Jan 24th - AF - I have a very light day tomorrow, so considered having a drink, but my tummy will be much leaner in the morning if I don't. Counted my "lunges" while skating. 70 per minute and I skated for 60 minutes. 4200 lunges?
    Tuesday Jan 25th - AF - Skating tomorrow, and I am having a very busy work week, so AF. I might have drinks tomorrow.
    Wednesday Jan 26th - 2 drinks. I always had 3 drinks on drinks days, but now 2 is my sweet spot. Planned drinks for Friday and Saturday with a friend who is moving far away.
    Thursday Jan 27 - AF - Happily hit my 16. No plans to be AF over the next couple of days. Planning AF for Sunday.
    Friday Jan 28 - Drinks with my bestie who is about to be moving far away soon. I was crying before the Prosecco, and probably crying harder after. Getting together with her Saturday as well, and we will be having drinks again.
    Saturday Jan 29 - 2 drinks
    Sunday Jan 30 - AF - Because of skating in the morning : - )

Rolling total: 1AF days out of 30 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy I am sorry your friend is moving because I know what it's like when best friends move. I have a couple of best friends in different countries and thank goodness for technology like Zoom and Skype and all that.

The weather in AZ has been absolutely divine and the winds calmed down and we enjoyed the sun and 69 degrees with cerulean blue skies (yes a good air day finally) and it was a very nice weekend. If you all can get out of the cold, come on down.

I did not hit my January goal, missed the mark by a couple of days. But thank goodness we have February to look forward to and it will be a short and easy month - a good one to hit all the goal marks.
  • GiveHerGrace
    GiveHerGrace Posts: 101 Member
    Posting for accountability. 34 of the last 37 days have been AF.

12/25 - 12/31 AF
    1/1 - 1/26 AF
    1/27 - 2 drinks
    1/28 - 1/29 AF
    1/30 2 drinks
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited January 2022
    @MissMay - That is a lot of SNOW! Thank you for sharing. Stay safe and warm!

@dawnbgethealthy - Sorry that your friend is moving away. Hope that ya'll will find a way to keep in touch.
    My best friend from college moved to Colorado then Detroit ... while we moved to St. Louis MO and then Houston. She finally caught up with us here in Houston though on the opposite side ... and we've been able to raise our kids within an hour of each other which has been wonderful. One of her other best friends from HS just moved & retired from Houston to France. They Zoom/Skype at least once per month.

@lmlmrn - Great close up.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Jan 1-6 AF
    Jan 7-9 Had wine
    Jan 10- 12 AF
    Jan 13-16 had wine
    Jan 17 - 19 AF
    Jan 20-22 had wine
    Jan 23-26 AF
    Jan 27 - 29 wine nights
    Jan 30 - 31 AF
    This month has been good for drinking less and enjoying it more.
    17 AF days this month! On days where I had wine, I had less...just 1-3 glasses.
  • MissMay
    @dawnbgethealthy how sad your bff is moving. With today's technology at least you can be close from a far. Hugs

@globalhiker so is this time of year the nicest weather in AZ? Your right there is always a new month to achieve goals.

@lmlmrn great photo. That guy really blends into those background colors. Our wild life has become increasingly docile to. Our Steller Sea Eagle has been MIA lately. To many tourists trying to get a pic I think he got annoyed.

@GiveHerGrace and @tmbg1what wonderful accountability you both have had for January!

@lilylady you must be busy with your new Grandbaby. It was good to see you pop in.

LAST DAY OF JANUARY 2022
    post the good or bad of your experience, it is all part of the process. 🤓

• sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    It was a great experience....although I did not make the 31 days. I had 3 slip ups!! Cheers to all of you who made it! I may try again this month! Best to all of you!
  • MissMay
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    21 days AF/27 days. This month I worked too many hours which means I sat too many hours and I did not take any real breaks. That means I ate at my desk and likely didn't drink enough water. Many days I skipped my morning exercise because I had work deliverables early in the morning for demanding clients.

I ever skipped the news 2 days in a row! That's never happened.

I wake up surprised to see it's Friday and almost month-end. What happened?!! The speed of my life is going just way too fast for me. I need to slow down and say "no" - a lot. I really do. But this means some things will just fail and this is really incredibly hard for me to do.

Stuff like this is what makes me "not care" and drink wine at night and just eat whatever regardless of calories. It's important for me to get better structure into my day so my stress is manageable and the work pace is in line with how I want to work - because my daytime will dictate how well I can manage myself in the evenings.

I definitely need to find my life balance and get my mental house in order!

Enjoy the weekend (football!!)

This is me too! Agreed, I need to work on getting my life into balance too!