What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Darren225g
    Darren225g Posts: 214 Member
    Randomly got these a few weeks back out of curiosity, now I'm officially addicted :p

5bc957f42244133a7b58604960f0ba1e_large.png&width=512&type=webp&quality=80
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Darren225g wrote: »
    Randomly got these a few weeks back out of curiosity, now I'm officially addicted :p

I’ve never seen hazelnut ones before! :o I love the strawberry ones; they make me think of cheesecake!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited January 2022
    So these are all from a vegan restaurant here called Ka Papa, we have gone there a couple times but it is super expensive. I have been CRAVING thier food lately EXPECIALLY the risotto stuffed pepper and vegan crab cakes! The other pictures are broccoli mash and beefless crumbles.

ly2l341nyoh5.jpg
    wsi04mrhv9mh.jpg
    6pt2x376epe5.jpg
    mkracaw3wy8f.jpg
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    pd22ehnqk5vj.png
    I've been loving these things lately...I am loving them with some Swerve brown sugar on top of my protein ice 'cream' that I enjoy most nights lol!

This has me interested. What's the consistency of this stuff? It's it chewy like oats or more crunchy and light like rice crispies? I'm hoping chewy, lol.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    pd22ehnqk5vj.png
    I've been loving these things lately...I am loving them with some Swerve brown sugar on top of my protein ice 'cream' that I enjoy most nights lol!

This has me interested. What's the consistency of this stuff? It's it chewy like oats or more crunchy and light like rice crispies? I'm hoping chewy, lol.

More like puffed wheat - more crispier - more 'toothsome' than rice crispies (which are fairy light). One would not 'cook' these (like oatmeal).

I too love the consistency/chewiness of oatmeal - I've even eaten it raw and enjoyed 😂
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    pd22ehnqk5vj.png

More like puffed wheat - more crispier - more 'toothsome' than rice crispies (which are fairy light). One would not 'cook' these (like oatmeal).

I too love the consistency/chewiness of oatmeal - I've even eaten it raw and enjoyed 😂

I thought I was they only human that liked raw oatmeal. Love it. 😁
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    That Thai looks amazing and yes, raw oatmeal right here. 🙋🏻‍♀️

After a week in another state, I am obsessed with my faucet.

Nothing tastes better, or, strangely, sweeter, than water from home. Especially clear water that doesn’t have muck floating about in it.

Cheers! 🍻 <<<water glasses there
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    pd22ehnqk5vj.png

They are exactly like honey smacks but without the honey if you know what those are. ce44t5vaasdj.png

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I’m on a chili kick myself. It’s great to take to work with a little shredded cheese, hot sauce, and my special addition, the one that makes it so dang tasty — cheese and garlic croutons. It adds such a nice crunch and flavor to it. So warm and cozy for winter days.

Also loving Nugo bars. Haven’t had a bad flavor yet! They’re dessert for me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I’m on a chili kick myself. It’s great to take to work with a little shredded cheese, hot sauce, and my special addition, the one that makes it so dang tasty — cheese and garlic croutons. It adds such a nice crunch and flavor to it. So warm and cozy for winter days.

Also loving Nugo bars. Haven’t had a bad flavor yet! They’re dessert for me.

Mmmm Nugo chocolate pretzel, now I want one.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Been obsessed with this.. xcgvtpbhzquz.png

Way better than plain franks hot sauce. I like that it isn't very spicy (I hate the spiciness of franks, but love the flavor so this is perfect for me). I have been going through a bottle every 2 days lately..... just have been pouring it on everything like chicken nuggets, dinner, salads, veggies, pretty much everything I eat. (Except fruit)
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - while I also love hot sauces (have 7 different ones in use right now!!!) that may be an awful lot of salt consumed in 2 days.
    For fruit like apples, pineapple, pears and so on, we season with 'Tajin with lime' a powder used frequently in Mexico as well as Chamoy mild sauce, also a Tajin product.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Turkey hot dogs made in air fryer dipped in spicy mustard ejmiwz440jzr.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    aqua14lisa wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 - while I also love hot sauces (have 7 different ones in use right now!!!) that may be an awful lot of salt consumed in 2 days.
    For fruit like apples, pineapple, pears and so on, we season with 'Tajin with lime' a powder used frequently in Mexico as well as Chamoy mild sauce, also a Tajin product.
    Oh it is!! I have over 13k sodium per day. *hides*

Even before the hot sauce obsession I am around 10k a day. I’ve been eating this way my whole life so I think my body has grown accustomed to handling the salt lol. I am lucky I don’t have to limit it due to high bp or heart issues because I just loveeee my sodium.
  • springlering62
    I have high sodium, mainly because of jerky, baking powder, chicken sausage and deli sandwich meat.

But I think some of us need it because we sweat a lot of sodium out.

I can tell when I’m dehydrated or lacking sodium by the fine pleated wrinkles on my upper inner arms, and when it’s really bad, cloudy, um, you know, urine. 😬

Sorry to bring that up in a food obsession thread, but high sodium isn’t necessarily bad all the time.

It’s interesting how we start to learn our body’s cues when we actually pay attention.
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    This hot and sour soup - made a few changes, less oil, no fried wonton strips, no bamboo shoots, used white mushrooms, only 2-3 drops of sesame oil in each bowl and used 2 bouillon cubes for 8 cups water.
    https://damndelicious.net/2017/01/28/easy-hot-and-sour-soup/
    Quite low in calories, imo, and delicious!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have high sodium, mainly because of jerky, baking powder, chicken sausage and deli sandwich meat.

But I think some of us need it because we sweat a lot of sodium out.

I can tell when I’m dehydrated or lacking sodium by the fine pleated wrinkles on my upper inner arms, and when it’s really bad, cloudy, um, you know, urine. 😬

Sorry to bring that up in a food obsession thread, but high sodium isn’t necessarily bad all the time.

It’s interesting how we start to learn our body’s cues when we actually pay attention.

I have been hospitalized 3 times for LOW SODIUM! Yay I am supposed to eat salt but gosh wish I found out differently!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,529 Member
    edited February 2022
    I've been on a soup kick for weeks.... I've made three different kinds in the last 8 days.
    In MFP random order: turkey spinach, chicken vegetable, potato leek with baconh9sf4uml1duf.jpg
    w8ed4mbqfoko.jpg
    rdz41kwvp3y6.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    These chicken tenders. Best brand I’ve ever had. I prefer them to Tyson and Purdue. I like them because the breading is super thick and super crunchy and the chicken is so juicy and not chewy.

So good shaken in a container with franks buffalo sauce and dipped in ranch. Been eating these every day for last week. vxl6rbpbc4vu.jpeg
    d2kvdrq5uwh5.jpeg
  • springlering62
    @Noreenmarie1234 i was thinking about you last night.

I made the pumpkin pudding into ice cream. I loved it. Velvety texture.

Husband, not so much, though. So I guess I’ll be making single serves of that next time lol.