The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Back at it again....ugh! Why can't I stick to this for more than 3-4 months?

I feel you. I have lost count of the number of years I've been here and the number of times I've had to start again
  • Versicolour
    So the chaos of the season is nearly over. Here in South Africa our school year starts in January and ends in December. So the season of chaos is begins at year end exams, goes through Christmas, New Year, my son's birthday and then ends when school begins again. I haven't got even half the things done that I wanted to do this school holiday!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    drmwc wrote: Β»
    Hello middle agers!

I bought a new car recently. It is a Kia EV6, which will be delivered in February - my first electric car. It is a sensible family car, and the variant I went for does 0 to 60 in 5 seconds.

Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your new car πŸ™‚ did you get a red one? Apparently they go faster 😁

Red cars also get more traffic tickets. Do not make me explain how I know this. ☹

πŸ˜„ lead foot

That's not it, Jo. 😁
  • MissLucyU75
    MissLucyU75 Posts: 42 Member
    Hello, all! I'm 46 years old, and from SC. I've actually been here since 2013. I never got involved in the community aspect of MFP. I took a long break, and now I'm back. I'm hoping that meeting people and gathering a few friends will give me the motivation I need to get back on track.
  • Carried_aw4y
    Carried_aw4y Posts: 44 Member
    Hello, fellow β€œmfp-ers” 😊! I’ve been on mfp for a while (over 3 years) and looking for some new friends. I just turned 40 in the summer and hail from the eastern half of Canada. Feel free to add me as long as you are not a bot! πŸ˜‰
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Hey everyone! Been off and on MFP for 6-7 years. I hope everyone survived the weekend and is still pusing toward their 2022 goals. I def am ... being more active on MFP keeps me more disciplined in real life. 43 in SC.... feel free to add.
  • Versicolour
    Wow. This thread was buried deep. I apologize for my absence.
  • wheels1872
    wheels1872 Posts: 66 Member
    34 here add me if you like
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited February 2022
    drmwc wrote: Β»
    It is indeed red!

And I picked it up yesterday. As a middle ager, I am slightly baffled by some of the new fangled technology, but it is easy enough to get moving (and it is scarily fast).

ice0z6zjihg2.jpg
  • petitejinx3
    petitejinx3 Posts: 7 Member
    In my 30's and almost the highest I've been. Can't wait to go back to my teens and 20's weight of 110. I'd be happy with 120. Currently like 130's. Lol! 30's - 130's. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
  • RookieRunner76
    RookieRunner76 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi πŸ‘‹πŸΌ Mid 40’s and brand new here! I lost 40lbs in β€˜21 and am committed to staying on track in β€˜22. Oh, and I got into running and beekeeping! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 🐝 🍯 Add me if you’re up for connection and encouragement!
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Upper 40’s and trying to get this dad bod in shape.
  • Versicolour
    Hi πŸ‘‹πŸΌ Mid 40’s and brand new here! I lost 40lbs in β€˜21 and am committed to staying on track in β€˜22. Oh, and I got into running and beekeeping! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 🐝 🍯 Add me if you’re up for connection and encouragement!

Brilliant! My family got into beekeeping for a while. I love bees. Love honey even more!
  • Versicolour
    I have been working out with my teenager. How to teach proper form and the benefits of slow reps and which muscle groups are activated when he just wants to show me up? Ah well. Maybe some of it will sink in and help him later in life
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    45 in 2 weeks 😟
  • HocusPokkus
    HocusPokkus Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, all! I am 40yrs old and trying to get back into the shape I was at 20! Feel free to send me a request - I have recently re-activated this account and I would love if I had some friends.

I will help keep you on track!

:)
  • One9eightfour
    One9eightfour Posts: 20 Member
    Hey, hi everyone.

Just your average everyday middle-ager here.

Feel free to add me.
  • TMarieCleg
    TMarieCleg Posts: 24 Member
    Just started back and just turned 51. Whew time flies :)
  • Versicolour
    It really does! Where's the pause button?