Coronavirus prep

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I don't know if the state matters...everyone I know in Illinois who ordered them all on the same day had really different delivery schedules. Some got theirs a week ago, some still haven't. All the same state, all the same order day.

Either it's random, or has more to do with the speed of your local post office.

BTW, no one I know got a "shipping" notification...just a delivery notice on the day of arrival.

I wonder if that's related to having signed up for the emails that pre-notify a person what mail to expect? Are you signed up for those? I get notified of most (all?) USPS packages as part of that process, including separate emails about packages.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Greetings, all. Anyone in the US who ordered government test hear anything about shipping? I ordered 1/12 and other than immediate confirmation email have not heard (or received) a thing.

I don't remember where I read this so please take it with a grain of salt, but I heard they were prioritizing shipping to zip codes with high rates of spread. Here in central VA even our spikes are not very high, and I haven't heard anything since I got my order confirmation on the day the program opened.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't know if the state matters...everyone I know in Illinois who ordered them all on the same day had really different delivery schedules. Some got theirs a week ago, some still haven't. All the same state, all the same order day.

BTW, no one I know got a "shipping" notification...just a delivery notice on the day of arrival.

I wonder if that's related to having signed up for the emails that pre-notify a person what mail to expect? Are you signed up for those? I get notified of most (all?) USPS packages as part of that process, including separate emails about packages.

Informed delivery. Yes, my husband has that and he gets a daily email regarding what to expect in today's mail.

But, this notice came to my email, which I had used to order the tests, and don't use for any other USPS account.

It's strange, seems like everyone is having a different experience with it.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member

My husband's email address was used for "our" set that was delivered to florida. He did get a shipping confirmation and he was able to track it, so we knew we needed to arrange for friends to help receive the package.

My email is for the family members in Mass and I have no email other than the original. Curious If I will get a shipping alert to convey like my husband, or no alert like you mentioned @suzysunshine99

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    My in-laws ordered their tests then tested positive locally for covid. Two days left in my MIL's quarantine their tests came in....a little late to be of use!

I don't know when she ordered them, but it was before FIL was positive.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    We ordered them as soon as we could, but haven’t received them yet. (Iowa)
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    I ordered them the first day I read about the link on the news. Got an 'expected delivery date' email last week and an 'out for delivery' email on Monday. I'm in South Dakota. My Texan sister got hers the Saturday before.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Greetings, all. Anyone in the US who ordered government test hear anything about shipping? I ordered 1/12 and other than immediate confirmation email have not heard (or received) a thing.

Ordered and received confirmation on 1/20. No kits or any indication of being shipped yet. The email indicated kits would start being shipped late January. With shipping by the US postal service, not surprising because of the slowdown🤷🏼‍♀️
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited February 2022
    Mine came yesterday 2/3 here in TX. They came from a distribution site in San Antonio. It seems like the location of the distribution site and the post office it goes through would make a difference.

For example, late 2020 when I lived in west TN, my packages were delayed going through the Memphis USPS. This was one of the facilities where mail sorting equipment was removed. One example is something I bought online in August. I saw it track from Texas to Memphis, then stop. Eventually the tracking detail changed to lost. But the package showed up in Jan 2021. There were other similar situations, just an example.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I got an email yesterday that mine were to arrive that day, but we had a snow storm yesterday so I have no idea if they made it. I can't get to my mailbox yet either. So bad timing!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I'm in MA and placed my order 01/20/2022. I received an email confirmation at the time. It includes an order number, but I don't see anywhere to plug that in to check the status of the order. Anyone?
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm in MA and placed my order 01/20/2022. I received an email confirmation at the time. It includes an order number, but I don't see anywhere to plug that in to check the status of the order. Anyone?

I ordered on the 18th, and have heard nothing either. I would love it if there was a status check somehow. I'll be watching the other responses to your post.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    My in-laws ordered their tests then tested positive locally for covid. Two days left in my MIL's quarantine their tests came in....a little late to be of use!

I don't know when she ordered them, but it was before FIL was positive.

They are still useful! AFAIK, CDC recommends 5 days isolation or until symptoms abate, whichever is longest plus 5 days masking in public. BUT, if you have a test, it's helpful to test at 5 days to determine if it's safe to stop isolating.

I'm also in TX, and nothing since the confirmation email 1/12.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    We got an “auto-reply” message at 12:36am today that our tests will be here Monday, Feb 7 by 9:00pm.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    We actually got the tests this morning, not Monday.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    We haven't even seen our postal workers for the past 2 days. Lol Whatever happened to the 'through snow, through rain, blah blah'?
    And my USPS account has been updating my account to let me know what we're getting in the mail. So far the tests haven't come through there.