February 4

Replies

• vgstigum
    vgstigum Posts: 14 Member
    February 4th:
    Exercise : 40 minutes Sydney Cummings Upper Body Pump
    Tracked : Yes: I have decided to WEIGH as much as possible, rather than measure and weigh
    Calories : Yes
    (0 pass days used to date)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

Rest day = Yoga.

I was put on a muscle relaxer before bed and I had dreams that it would loosen up my hamstrings. This yoga session taught me I need to keep dreaming 😂.

@mshawski doing just 10-15 mins of yoga every morning has truly helped my tight calves. The last couple of summers I had noticed that my calves just stayed tight ALL.THE.TIME. I figured it was from all the walking I was doing (especially my LONG walks!). Doing the "downward dog" and flexing those calves (I go up on tip toes and then back down; and then alternating feet doing the same) REALLLLY helped my calves eventually to loosen up. It didn't help immediately, it probably took a few weeks before I began to notice a difference. Perhaps look for a couple poses that specifically target those hamstrings and be sure to incorporate those into your routine! Don't give up! :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Revlish wrote: »
    Yes xs three!

2/3 pass days so far. And more to come.

I just wanna pat myself on the back- it's taken a year, but I'm now almost completely consistent with some exercise every day. Cardio is a mainstay and I'm regularly doing strength training now too. Today I even got some good stretches in. My back and hips have been a bit sore.

I'm 58, fat, have chronic pain issues, fall short often and modify, modify, modify, and I am heading for the best health of my life so far. haha
    I feel so rawr. <3
    87p6i6lgid3r.jpeg

Yes!! You should pat yourself on the back!! High Five!! :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Feb 4
    Exercise: 🐱‍🏍 ( core 12 mins / posture 5 mins / balance 5 mins / total steps 10,239)
    Logged all: 🐱‍🏍
    In Range: 🐱‍🏍
    (🐱‍👤 = 3yes day; 🙈 = pass day
    🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤

Able to do one last outdoor after supper. 4rd evening outdoor walk in a row ... but now back in the deep-freeze temps as of Saturday morning - so ALLL stepping will be back indoors. We didn't get much snow, but BiL ~ 45 minutes south by highway got LOTS.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Pass day....Worked out as normal but some grazing at night time.... I was prob under calories but cos u didn't weigh and track those calories I can't know 4 sure. Xo
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,291 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    All 3 - Nope.
    Accountability...
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,125 Member
    2/4

Exercise: 55 minutes weight training, 45 minutes elliptical, 50 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 0
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    Friday/Saturday
    Exercise yes
    Tracking/calories no
    3 pass days used
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    2/4
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used 0
    3 passes remain

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an hour pool swim and a short walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    2/4/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? Nope. (I'm killing myself here... and while I care, I just don't seem to care enough.... so many other things on my mind right now.)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,262 Member
    February 4, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? Yes (3 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (4 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    2684bshfe16q.png

THE IMPORTANCE OF TRACKING:

I know that some of us hate to think that we might have to track our food for the rest of our lives, but tracking is one of the things that's so critical to our long term SUCCESS! It's NOT hard, it's NOT difficult, and as Maddie said last month, we should think of it as a "safety line", especially once we get to maintenance.

Tracking seriously takes only minutes to do, (don't wait until the end of the day and then try to remember everything that you ate that day!!) And tracking helps us to spot issues or trends and (more importantly) to STOP them and turn them around QUICKLY!!

Maddie @MadisonMolly2017 said that after 5 years of tracking every single bite, a little voice began to creep up in her head and say “I’m sick & tired of tracking.” But just hearing that little voice in her head made alarm bells go off.... Danger!! Danger!! 💀💀💀

Tracking can help us to look at saturated fat or even sodium consumption, and keep those numbers where they should be. Tracking may very well be one of the most important techniques for us to master!

We've all heard of folks that lose weight & can maintain without tracking. But experienced people - in this group - who have kept their weight off for several years without yo-yo'ing - all say that they still track!!

For me personally, I've spent almost a year and a half losing 60 lbs.... and I have NO desire to have to go through that again! If tracking my intake every single day will help me to catch a "slow creep" and turn it around quickly and painlessly, then tracking (for the rest of my life) is what I'll do!!

Please share your perspective & experience with tracking.

What are you working on at the moment regarding "tracking"?

**(I've used much of what Maddie @MadisonMolly2017 posted last month regarding tracking.) Maddie, you're such an inspiration to this group, and it's also very impressive that you've just recently turned around what I like to call a "slow creep" of weight gain. High five!! <3 We appreciate you!

Ty, I needed to hear this today.

Pass day for me.