• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,767 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 212.5 lbs
    CW: 212.5 lbs
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    I'm sure I've gained yet again. My gym membership has ran out but I've cleared my shed so I can start doing my workouts there. Until then I'll put on my M.C. Hammer outfit and play my Sweatin'to the Oldies VHS tape.

Can't touch this!!!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    CW 146.6
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @19shmoo69 HaHa I used to love doing my Sweatin’to the Oldies! :D

@trooworld Joe’s dizziness is wayyyy better. He just has it a little first thing in the morning but he is totally not a morning person and takes a good while to feel good. Has the cold left your area? We are sitting at 29 degrees with a high of 42 today. Soooo not loving it! :#

@gwamajtw91 I feel you about staying motivated in the winter. It’s hard for me too. But hey, we both need to cling to what we have accomplished and do our best to find our way again. We can do it! B) That is hard not getting to see your son. I sure hope the ban gets lifted so that you will be able to. :)

@Katmary71 How are you feeling today? Did your allergic reaction clear up? Ohhh those crazy cats of yours! :D I’ve made that chicken taco chili before and it is very good. Might need to put that on this week’s menu again.

@FushiaKat I am sorry about the brain fog and hope that your stress passes and that the procedure you have fixes your condition. My husband is also suffering from brain fog and I think it’s stress-related too. He starts his chemo on the 17th so I will be keeping you both in my prayers. <3

Good morning Team! I thought I better write this morning because I won’t get a chance later. Tonight is the chili cook-off and with the cold weather, it’s a perfect time for this event. My mom is entering her chili recipe and I’m making a big batch of cornbread muffins. I was annoyed this morning when my weight was up almost 2 lbs. I know it’s because of the weights that I’ve started lifting again, but ugghhh! And I know tonight’s event won’t help me much. My friend is making her famous pecan pie because she knows how much I love it. Gotta love friends like that! :D
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 @amioc @askewcr Congrats on the losses!

@19shmoo69 LOL! And yet another awesome visual from the master!

@TeresaW1020 I'm so glad. No, the cold is still here! Boo! Yuck to your weather. I'm sure that gain is from the exercise. Pecan pie though, how can you resist???

Hi all. I'm going to go on a hike where we walk rescue dogs. I'm going with a friend. It should be fun. I don't know how strenuous the hike will be, the point is just to get them out of their kennels to smell new things and see new things. I did a Leslie Sansone walking video yesterday. I'm trying to get into the habit of exercising.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Happy Sunday!

@gwamajtw91 - I get how you're feeling, but give yourself some grace. You are sitting up and taking notice and trying to do something about this before you've gained it all back. Is there one small change you can work on right now? Then you can build on it. Winter! I'm in FL. Normally I walk in addition to my exercise. We've had one of the longest rainy/cold streaks I can remember. It sounds odd to me to say that winter is affecting my exercise, but it is. If your son's visit doesn't work out, I hope it can be rescheduled soon. That's rough.

@19shmoo69 - OMG, MC hammer outfit? Richard Simmons? Go you! (and I can't unsee that either!)

@trooworld - how did your hair turn out?

@TeresaW1020 - :# about your weight being up. I hate those fluctuations! You are working so hard on your plan. You go girl! Hope you had fun at the chili cook off and enjoyed that pie!

Lisa

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    Hi Team,

@TresaW1020 My brain fog is better, it just takes a few days. Plus, my game helps with that because it forces me to remember things. Like finding an item in 10 different locations, with 20 different people. Gives my brain a workout. Thank you for the prayers. Your husband starts his Chemo on the 17th, and I will be having my procedure on that day too. I took a mild form of Chemo for 6 years for the Rheumatoid Arthritis. Half my hair fell out, and it made me have debilitating nausea. I was so sick. When they changed my medication, I begged to get off of it and my doctor relented. It would be good for your husband to have something repetitive to do. My psychiatrist told me there was a study done that showed if people did a repetitive task after a traumatic event that it didn’t imprint on our brains as deeply.

@Katmary71, I hope you feeling better and that your allergic reaction has cleared up. How was the Chili cook-off potluck? Did it go well today?

@Cornanda How’s your pup doing? Sending prayers and hugs your way. I hope your pup does not suffer. We love our fur babies. My mind is a little calmer since you shared about your husband, I'm sure it will be fine. Your cats can be in the doghouse with Mr. Snicket. He has been behaving, he's still very young and likes to chase the older cats but he did not attack my feet again.

@Jactop that’s funny that your husband eats in the shower. I can’t imagine finding dishes in the shower, that would make me laugh.

I’m feeling better. I do love our new freezer, it stocked nearly full, and I’ve started using some items out of it already. I love Buffalo Cauliflower on my loaded baked potato and when I at was at Stater Bro’s picking up Granny Smith Applesauce for my hub, I remembered they stock it there, so I bought some and put it in the freezer. My market does not sell it.
    I was reading that only about 30% of people who lose weight keep it off, and the study showed that those people who built in good daily habits were more likely to succeed at long term weight loss. It said that we should weigh daily but take the weekly average of our weight and ignore the daily fluctuations. Don’t be afraid to weigh every day. I’m one of those people who will always need to plan / weigh / track my food if I want to succeed and I’m ok with that if that’s what it takes for me not to regain the weight. I’m only 28.2 pounds away from when I married my husband in 1989 Yesterday, I saw 173.2 which put me into the overweight BMI, I’m no longer Obese!! Happy Dance!! I hope I still weigh that on Tuesday 😁

I hope I didn't mix up anybody if I did, I apologize in advance.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    7nK2.gif

We've made it through the first week of February! Click on the link below to see this past week's results -

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

5ezxy9hshyu5.png
  • FushiaKat
    znd8vxv2gwgy.jpg
  • FushiaKat
    i8vehax18a2d.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 144.6
    CW. 146.6

😔
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    7nK2.gif

We've made it through the first week of February! Click on the link below to see this past week's results -

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

5ezxy9hshyu5.png

I am absolutely excited about this! Yes!!!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 269
    C. W. 269
  • 19shmoo69
    When mowing was so kool they made it into exercise equipment.
    kcu6dbfmyytu.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    @gwamajtw91 Please don't feel like a whiner Annie, share away! I know what you mean about it being harder in winter, it's warming up here which is making it easier but the cold weather just made me want to stay in bed all day. I always enjoy hearing from you and I know the rest of the gang feels the same way. I hope your son is able to visit soon, it must be really hard having him so far away.

@trooworld What did you do to your hair, I'd love to see it! Enjoy the hike, have fun!

@19shmoo69 OK we need a picture of you in your MC Hammer pants working out in your shed, come on now! I saw him when he first got started, it was an awesome show! He had a ton of energy!

@TeresaW1020 Have fun at the chili cook-off, go Mom! Cornbread muffins sound amazing, sounds like one of those complicated times where health goals and enjoying yourself collide, good luck. I just have some breakouts from the allergic reaction, I've been taking extra Claritin, it happens every once and awhile, I don't know if it's something I eat or one of the potions that don't work that I put on my face but I'm sensitive to something.

@askewcr @Jactop @leonadixon Congratulations!

Hi everyone, happy Sunday night! I did a workout challenge this morning then decided to go down in the greenbelt and collect wood for a lasagna gardening project I learned about yesterday at the farm and garden meeting. I hung out on a fallen oak tree and watched the squirrels for awhile then came back up to the house (greenbelt is downhill) with my bounty, I have to go back for leaves once I get my section started. You all wouldn't believe some of the cards people dropped off in the boxes for Cards for Seniors, one was a 22-year-old woman actually looking for an Italian male or female in the retirement home and included her number, LOL. We sorted them yesterday, it's crazy that you have to proofread them first but there were numerous inappropriate ones and a lot of really funny ones like one with a beaver on the cover and inside it said "Have a dam good Valentine's and a dam good day!" I went to take stuff to plant stands and brought home three plants and some sunflower seeds. I'm in charge of the food bank farm greenhouse all week then I'm getting two windows replaced which should be fun as I have to shut the cats up in a room. My weight isn't budging right now but I'm still plugging away. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 761 Member
    Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh in day monday

Current weight 227 lb
    Previous weight 228.2lb
    Loss 1.2 lb
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 761 Member
    Weight loss is so frustrating! I swam 3kms last week, walked tons , logged my food everyday and stuck to my calories, and all for 1.2lb :( but down is down!!
    My total loss since August 14 2021, so nearly 6 months is 47lb. Im so determined to get to the big 50lb! Then only another 25lb to go😂😂😂
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hooray it's Monday!??!

@FushiaKat - Congrats on no longer being obese. You are doing the work! I weigh myself every day and mostly I don't get too worked up about the fluctuations.

Congrats to the leaderboard peeps!

@kerritho - you can record your weight however you like to. Small changes and keep building on them- that's good!

@laurelfit57 - :'( Sorry your weight is up. You've been quiet lately and I know you were dealing with Covid. Hope you and your family are doing OK.

@19shmoo69 - That's hilarious!

@Katmary71 - Boo to inappropriate cards. I still think that is just an awesome project though. Tell us more about the lasagna garden. That sounds like a nice day.

@fatfifties - Goodness, it is a lot of work, isn't it? Keep it up and you will get there.

I'm on here because I'm totally stumped on today's Wordle and trying to unlock my brain. My pup is doing OK. Yesterday he seemed to be feeling a bit better, we'll see what today brings. I have a job interview today. I accidentally applied for this job. (you can one click apply on Indeed, and apparently, I did). It's a start up company and in doing some research over the weekend I found out the owner is 86. Hmmm.... should be interesting. At the very least, I need some interview practice, so that will be good for me.

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.