February - Week 2 Group Challenge - Thinking Back Looking Forward

Options
jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
edited February 2022 in Social Groups
a1rmvijr8tdc.png

Back in December/January, as part of our group challenges, we did some reflection and future planning to set goals for 2022. This week, we're going to take a look at what we planned, reflect on how it's going, share with the group and make some corrections. Anything frustrating you, let's work it out LITERALLY!

Each day, answer the discussion questions and share your daily exercise routine, walking/running activity, stretching, Yoga, aerobics, strength training...etc. Whatever you're doing to get those steps in, work off some steam, SHARE WITH US! Try to do some movement every day, even if only 15-20 minutes!

You guys are doing great! Think of all you've accomplished in just this little snippet of 2022 so far! Let's keep building on that progress!

Sunday
What was your biggest regret from 2021 in your health routine (fitness, nutrition, water intake, etc.)?
How has that changed?
What's on tap for today?

Monday
What was your number one goal for 2022?
How's that going?
What's today's plan?

Tuesday
What did you feel held you back in 2021?
What have you corrected?
What are you still working to change?

Wednesday
What's your biggest non-scale victory you've discovered so far in 2022?
Are the scale numbers lining up with your plans? What do you plan to correct?
How will you celebrate by being active today?

Thursday
What have you learned/noticed about yourself in the past six weeks that you hadn't seen last year?
What ONE THING can you change immediately that's been on your mind?
Take a walk with me today...can I have 15 minutes of your day?

Friday
What tip can you share for the group?
Is the weather interfering with your fitness routine currently? How have you altered to account for that?
What's the best "unexpected weather" tip you can share?

Saturday
Weekend is here...how have weekends changed with your goals in mind?
Do you find yourself wanting to move more or feel the need to slow down a bit? How's your stress level? What affect does this have on your eating?
What one NICE THING will you do for you today?

I hope you'll all continue to be kind to yourself...you're the only YOU there is and you all deserve the BEST life has to offer. That includes your health!

Take care and I can't wait to share with you all this week! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...
Jessica <3

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options

Sunday
    What was your biggest regret from 2021 in your health routine (fitness, nutrition, water intake, etc.)? I allowed my strength workouts to slide away. Even though I did well on Pilates and cardio, I felt that strength was slipping.

How has that changed? I did a 30-day kettlebell program in January. I kept it up every day - missed one on my birthday, but made up for it. It felt great!
    What's on tap for today? Work on the next 30 days. I have started a bit hit-or-miss, but will build a program and follow it. Then I'll do today's.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    What was your biggest regret from 2021 in your health routine (fitness, nutrition, water intake, etc.)?
    I have no regrets from 2021. The only regret would be that I waited till Jan 28 to get started :)

How has that changed?
    A healthy lifestyle is now my habit and not something I have to incorporate into my life. I am still working on so many things and always will be, but I took 2021 to lay the foundation.

What's on tap for today?
    Going snowshoeing in Kananaskis. I have rediscovered my love of physical activity in the last year.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I honestly don’t have regrets. I started my journey in Jan 2021 and had great success. I got stronger, lost weight and learned to better balance CICO.
    How has that changed?
    I’m still very motivated to continue this journey. Get to maintenance in 2022 and continue for the long haul.
    What's on tap for today?
    Visiting Santa Rosa for the weekend so going to take the dog to a nearby state park for a hike before driving home.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sunday

I had a good year, but wasn't as diligent as I could have been on my nutrition. Did really well in regards to fitness/walking and everything else.

How has that changed?
    I'm working harder this year. Am I perfect? NO, that will never happen...of course, logically, there's no such thing as a perfect plan. We're all different people AND every day is different because it's impossible to predict what will happen day-to-day. I think it's all about having a plan, with contingencies available for times when the unexpected occurs. It's more about how we react to change, not about change itself.

What's on tap for today?
    Walked 1.35 mi this morning...my walking goal is to do 1.5-2 mi a day this month to reach my overall 38 mile walking goal for the month (in only 28 days). Sundays are my "rest" day so I won't push for anything crazy on those days. Trying to eat well and keep drinking my water.

Hope you're all having a great last day of the weekend. I'm trying to wrap my head around my vacation being over. Not liking that part very much! :blush:
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    What was your biggest regret from 2021 in your health routine( fitness,nutrition,water intake etc.
    I started off well in 2021 as loved been more active with the help of my Garmin activity tracker.My only regret is after getting to my goal weight in May I was up again by October.
    How has that changed.
    It has been difficult to lose those pounds & I have stuck to my calorie goals & logged every day.I still try hard to walk regularly & attend the gym/swim etc.Plus trying to build my strength training following a shoulder injury.
    What's on top today.
    Today I needed a rest so that was my priority.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sunday

I guess my biggest regret was finding out the reasons my mom died (she passed January 27 21) and realizing that I was heading down her road. Always struggling with food. Not paying attention to what my body was trying to tell me. Having the mentality of if I don’t know anything then nothing is wrong.

How Has that changed

Well I joined mfp after having been told by my life ins company that they couldn’t insure me due to being a too high a risk factor I felt that I had been slapped in the face. I made an appointment with my Dr and I started. I did all tests and bloodwork someone my age is suppose to do. Good news I don’t have diabetes like my mom but do have high cholesterol. Was told I was morbidly obese at 250 and if I wanted to stop my knee pain I’d need to lose weight. Yes I have some joint arthritis too but my weight was the biggest reason for my pain. Now I’m on a cholesterol med and have a plan to get off of it in a year hopefully. I’m eating far better than I ever have but still seem to hate salad. I have my portions down to what the guidelines say are acceptable and I got a Fitbit to help me see what I’m doing or now doing. Right now the only exercise I really do is walking but it’s a good start. With all of this community’s help I have lost 30 lbs and I am so grateful for all the support.

What’s on tap for today

I’m nights on the weekends so I slept today but tonight while working I plan to get my 5000 steps in.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sunday

I have no regrets from 2021, in fact last year I lost almost 10% of my weight.

How has that changed?
    I felt motivated after losing weight and as I did not do any activity, now I want to be focused on sculpt my body :) ,well if I get some curves I will be happy

What's on tap for today?
    Stayed at home, doing nothing...ate more than necessary
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Good Morning y'all! Hope everyone has a terrific day today...I'm back to work after my vacation and just trying to weed through all the emails/reports...pray for me! :smile:

Monday

Walking my butt off...LITERALLY! LOL I just want to be as active as I can, while not forgetting to monitor the other stuff too (eating, water intake, watching sodium, etc).

How's that going?
    Doing REALLY well on my walking...loving it...wish I could find more time...sometimes that's a struggle, but that's life...gotta find balance.

What's today's plan?
    Back to work after vacation...just trying to keep my head above water, so to speak...gotta find time for some mini walks today because I won't have a 30-45 slot just to walk and by the end of the day, I know I'll be frazzled. Also, gotta go into the actual office two days this week. That should be interesting...the last few days have been tough with not overindulging, but I've managed to just distract myself and not eat after I finish my meals for the day. Gotta stay away from snacking. So far, so good.
    Jessica
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Get to my goal weight (top range of healthy BMI)

How's that going?
    So far so good, down 9 pounds so far this year, just under 15 pounds left to goal to hit my goal.

What's today's plan?
    Walk my dog with my husband at lunch, Peloton bike ride and a boxing session after work and maybe a strength test. Minimum 64 oz water. 700 cal deficit.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    What was your number 1 goal for 2022 ?
    To get back to my goal weight.
    How's that going?
    It's been slow progress but hopeful that the downward trend will continue.
    What's today's plan ?
    Well any plan for today fell apart early this morning when my husband had a high fever.
    So we both did a covid test,He was positive & I was negative.
    I did manage to go for a walk & so far kept within my calorie goal.
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    Monday

My goal for 2022 is to reach maintenance weight and transition from a losing mindset to a maintaining mindset.
    How's that going?
    I am on track to reach my maintenance zone by mid-year (20 lbs-ish to go) and assuming a fairly slow rate of loss. This month life is testing the strength of my habits by throwing challenges in my path. I will not let stress derail my progress.
    What's today's plan?
    I started this morning with a 5 mile walk with the dog. My morning walks really help me clear my head and get mentally prepared to focus on my day. I plan to work with my desk in the standing position for 75% of my day and may even throw in a quick yoga routine at lunch. This evening starts the packing frenzy since our house just sold!
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

To work on my food relationship and to have a healthy mindset when it comes to my body

How's that going?
    slight struggle. but I've been taking time to self reflect at the end of each week and I think this going to be good for me.

What's today's plan?
    I plant to continue to give myself time to grow. I'm going to write in my journal, what went wrong and my plan for the next time things don't go as "planned"
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    What was your biggest regret from 2021 in your health routine (fitness, nutrition, water intake, etc.)? I let most of the year go before spending any time focusing on my health.
    How has that changed? I have joined this group again and I am making an effort to make more permanent changes...meal by meal, sometimes moment by moment working towards sustainable changes.
    What's on tap for today? Got my son out for a walk to one of his favorite breakfast restaurants (walked 1.2 miles there and 1 mile back), made good food choices and drank my water!

Monday

What was your number one goal for 2022? Making time for my health
    How's that going? So far good!
    What's today's plan? My daily walk, a stretch, good food choices and water!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Monday

I don't think I have a number one goal - but to keep on maintaining my healthy weight range and to keep strong. Strong is important for sure!

How's that going?
    I'm a bit over my maintenance range right now, so I'm back to more accurate logging and keeping up the exercise. I'll hit 10 years since getting to my goal weight in September, so no slacking!!

What's today's plan?
    It was an errand-filled day, but this evening I'll be on the exercise bike while watching an episode of something exciting. Food was good today - finishing off with a gorgeous salad made from greens grown in my plant window, other good veggies, and some chicken breast I roasted last night. No alcohol (after a week at my dad's when I enjoyed some local brews...) and no sugar today.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Monday

To reach my goal weight until end of March, yes it is possible
    How's that going?
    I am on track to reach it, I remembre every day that my health is the mos important
    What's today's plan?
    Went to the supermarket and bought veggies for the week, this way I can continue planning my meals with a variety of healthy plates.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    What did I feel held back on in 2021
    I think if I really had to say it would be my own hubby. He is a chef and so he does all the cooking. He also plates so that means he had a very hard time accepting that I wanted healthier choices and portions. He took a long time to learn that all the heavy creams and pasta and carbs were not something I wanted.

What have I corrected

Sean finally has changed and opened up to healthier options to cook. Yea! And me well I’m doing well now that that has changed and feel like I can even suggest different dishes to try. I couldn’t before.

What am I still working on to change.

That’s an easy one. Late night snacking. I’m struggling lately with that. Especially during my night shifts. I know I’m not hungry but I convince myself it will keep me awake. I will continue to put my best foot forward on this.
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    Tuesday

2021 was a great year for my health journey. I didn't feel like anything held me back.
    What have you corrected?
    In 2022 I am continuing to focus on balance. I have a tendency to go overboard with drastic changes to accomplish a weight loss goal but this time I am only making sustainable changes.
    I am continuing to look for ways to get exercise that I enjoy. I really enjoy my early morning walks with some running but I want to expand my options.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    My progress was not held back in 2021.

What have you corrected?
    Not corrected so much as just successfully implemented new habits that I now continue to maintain.

Planning ahead a bit better, working on strategies to continue my healthy lifestyle when we transition back to office and I have less personal time.
This discussion has been closed.