skctilidie wrote: »
    Stupid meetings, a sore neck, and so much waiting

That's the same kind of waiting I was irked by
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Our latest oil bill. Holy Mackerel. It's never been this high. :(
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @eatpolerepeat Come to Colorado; we’ll share! We got 8-9” last night!
  • ReenieHJ
    My lack of willpower. :( DH was very thoughtful and kind and bought me a pint of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream yesterday. He knows I've been staying on a much healthier way of eating since the holidays??? He said he'd eat it but I know me. It wouldn't make it through another day of sitting in the freezer.

And it didn't. :(
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    The push for women in STEM. If they don't want to take computer science in college, stop pressuring them. Those who do are welcome with open arms and a plethora of support. At this point it's just shaming the women who aren't interested. Let women pursue what they want! Stop pushing them!
  • ReenieHJ
    I am SO mad right now I am spitting nails. Some of you might remember I mailed a Christmas package in Dec. to my dd and I insured it for 600 bucks. It got sent to a recovery center one city over from Seattle. So we filed the missing package claim, then I filed the insurance claim a few weeks ago. It was challenging to get any receipts together but I did have some. Plus I wrote them a letter, detailing every single thing that was in that package. Postage alone was $70. Plus the estimated cost of contents was $542. I just got a notice I'd be getting 15 effin bucks. Yep, 15.

WTF???
    I have to appeal but don't have the first clue on how to do that. :( Plus obviously, I'll have to calm down first.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I am SO mad right now I am spitting nails. Some of you might remember I mailed a Christmas package in Dec. to my dd and I insured it for 600 bucks. It got sent to a recovery center one city over from Seattle. So we filed the missing package claim, then I filed the insurance claim a few weeks ago. It was challenging to get any receipts together but I did have some. Plus I wrote them a letter, detailing every single thing that was in that package. Postage alone was $70. Plus the estimated cost of contents was $542. I just got a notice I'd be getting 15 effin bucks. Yep, 15.

WTF???
    I have to appeal but don't have the first clue on how to do that. :( Plus obviously, I'll have to calm down first.
    This reminds me of my experience with FedEx last summer. I shipped 3 cases of equipment in Pelican equipment cases for a job, insuring each for $2500 (replacement cost). FedEx broke a piece of glass ($300) on the outbound shipment and another piece (different case) on the return. I filed separate claims for $300 each with documentation, pictures and receipts. They denied both claims with no explanation, even though the gear was insured and I had proof of damage.
    No words can express how angry I was.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

WTF???

Aww Reenie that sucks, I hope on appeal someone sees reason.. pfft $15.. how on earth did they come up with that amount?
  • ReenieHJ
    cmsienk wrote: »

WTF???
    This reminds me of my experience with FedEx last summer. I shipped 3 cases of equipment in Pelican equipment cases for a job, insuring each for $2500 (replacement cost). FedEx broke a piece of glass ($300) on the outbound shipment and another piece (different case) on the return. I filed separate claims for $300 each with documentation, pictures and receipts. They denied both claims with no explanation, even though the gear was insured and I had proof of damage.
    No words can express how angry I was.

Oh good lord......insurance is the worse. :( They don't want to cover anything!! Did you do an appeal of any kind??? I'm going to as soon as I find out how. Searching USPS this a.m. I found a tidbit of info I wish I'd known before. Gift cards are NOT covered on lost claims; you have to appeal to the company itself IF you bought the gift card directly from the company. Many I simply picked up at the grocery store. There was only 1 I purchased directly from the place so I sent an email off to them.

Why pay for insurance at all if they deny coverage, or just as bad, deny hoping you won't appeal?? My sister was denied a health insurance claim and knew she was in the right so filed an appeal, got the whole thing paid for. :/ Why should that have to happen in the first place?

WTF???

Aww Reenie that sucks, I hope on appeal someone sees reason.. pfft $15.. how on earth did they come up with that amount?

Yeh, I have NO idea where they came up with the 15 bucks. It's terribly insulting, to say the least. I know they're hoping I don't appeal. But I need to find a post office that'll actually help me. :( My local one is worthless. :/ As I mentioned above, gift cards are not covered.(Love that fine print that you have to wallow through pages to find.) But other stuff I definitely have proof of purchase, not to mention the postal receipt claiming it cost 60 bucks just to mail the dang thing. Course the cost of insurance isn't covered :/

I'm still trying to calm down enough to formulate words without Bi!@hing the whole place out. ;)

Whateverthehell happened to customer service anyways?? Besides this issue and our counter top people, I think I've used up my annual allotment of curse words. And it's only February.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Delta Airlines... and delayed flights.
    Today's timeline:
    Original flight departure: 8:35am
    Delayed to 9:17
    Delayed to 9:47
    Delayed to 10:15... 😑
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    The wind today 🤧
  • cmsienk
    Everyone *kitten* on my handwriting 😂. I alternate between Cursive sometimes and I don’t think it’s appreciated anymore.
    Is it really that bad???

yly0orrmygav.jpeg

It looks perfectly fine to me. Mine looks very similar, so I may be biased.
  • amberchecker
    amberchecker Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2022
    Food scale broke. Been weighing my food for such a long time that i feel lost without it. Can't wait for the new one to come in.