Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2022
    @amioc Have you thought about why you want to lose weight? Because as you know if you don't get your head in the game, it's not going to work. It's not about being perfect every day, it's about giving it your best effort. We are human and life gets in the way of our wants and desires. There comes a day when you need to put your foot down and say enough is enough something has to change. And I'll be honest it's not easy, but the rewards are great and worth striving for.

I no longer wanted to be ashamed of myself, I wanted to lose weight to feel better, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and this extra weight is bad for my tender joints. Plus, your worth it! Don't you love yourself even a little bit??? Aren't you worth the effort it takes to look and feel better? You are the most important person in your life! You can do this! I know you can!!

Use the Food Diary to track your calories, even on your less than perfect day's so you have some idea of what your calorie intake really is. We need to eat 3500 calories less to lose 1 lb. Move a little more than the day before, I try to walk 3000 steps a day, I don't always get there but that is my goal. Do you have a step tracker? It does not need to be a fancy one, just something that counts steps. In order to lose weight, we need to eat less and move more. I eat a lot of low-calorie food because I like to eat a lot. I eat Squash, Shrimp, Taco Salads, and Loaded Baked Potatoes twice a week with Shrimp, Buffalo Cauliflower and Queso Cheese Sauce. There are tons of really good low calories recipes out there. If you are hungry, you might not be drinking enough liquids. The next time you get hungry, grab something to drink Water, Iced Tea, Fizzy Water drink a glass of that first, then if you're still hungry drink a second glass. I will eat some of my lunch early if I'm hungry you can move your meals around, so you are eating when you're hungry.

Do you have a food scale so you can weigh your food?

I have failed at a lot of different diets because when it comes right down to it Calories Count. I believe in counting calories, I believe that if I follow the plan and stay under my calorie goal and track what I eat that I will lose weight and you know what? It's working!!! Give it a try, you might find that you like it.

Here's an example. If you are currently eating 4000 calories a day for 7 days a week that equals = 28,000 calories. If you cut back by 500 Calories and only eat 3500 calories a day you would lose 1 pound a week. If you ate 3000 calories a day, you'd lose 2 pounds a week. Please do not eat less than 1000 Calories a day, it's not healthy. Strive to lose a pound a week to start or dive right in and try for 2 lbs. a week, it's up to you.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @FushiaKat - nice loss!

@tammymccrady6278 - anniversaries are worth celebrating. Maybe you could weigh in Friday morning instead of Sat? Have a happy one whatever you decide.

@laurelfit57 - see ya later!

@amioc - Be kind to yourself. But also be honest with yourself. Feeling defeated and like you "can't" is a huge obstacle. It can create a whole cycle of behaviors that do not align with your goals. Today you can and you will. Tell yourself that over and over. Hugs! (and you are NOT being a bummer- this group is about supporting each other)

Not much going on here today!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 234.6
    CW: 234.2
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda Those graphics are great, thanks for posting! They totally resonate with me. Thanks, we love her so much! Yes, dogs are wacky lol.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! And congrats on getting into the "Overweight" category! You are rocking it.

@tammymccrady6278 Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy your dinner.

@askewcr That does sound like a busy day. Have a great one!

@laurelfit57 What a great day!

@amioc Don't worry about it, vent all you want, that's what we are here for! :D Can you try to set some really small, achievable daily goals so that you can get some wins under your belt? Maybe things like, "I will dance in the house for 5 minutes 2 times this week" or "I will drink 60 oz of water every day" or even "I will track one meal each day"? It really helps me to get these small wins and get some wind under my sails. Hugs to you.

Hi all. I lost 0.4 lbs this week. I'm glad the scale is going down instead of up. I had a busy day yesterday and was really tired but I still did a Leslie Sansone walking video when I got home. I had a really good dinner last night, Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Avocado Goddess Sauce: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/sheet-pan-lemon-chicken/ It was relatively healthy and delicious.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    @FushiaKat congratulations on the loss and being over weight :) I like your advice on losing weight, I'm also a calorie counter, I log all my foods, weigh everything, walk 5000 steps a day and swim as often as i can (3 times a week for 40 mins if i can). 1lb more and ive lost 50lb .. hopefully this week! We should both reach our targets about the same time :)
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Wednesday, "Hump Day!" Take advantage of each and every opportunity God allows today. We woke up and got up so that's a win righ there. <3

Let's live every day to the fullest. Just thought somebody needed to hear/read that today. Have a wonderful day and let's go get it!! B)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @teresaw1020 that picture of your mum with the chef‘s cap and chilli necklace is super cute!

@Cornanda how long did it take you to get feeling back to yourself? I seriously can’t believe this is going on. LOVE The images that you posted! I was in need of those right now :-).
    Have you decided whether or not to take that new job?

@trooworld That picture with a you with the rescue pup is just too cute, love your hair! And of course, the picture of Daisy😍!

I thought I was going to have a quiet day today, instead I got caught up on all the little things that have been piling up. It felt really good to do those things and actually be able to get things checked off my list!
    Super glad to be able to be back at the gym, but I have to say I don’t last very long. I may be only last half a class and then just run out of breath, so then I go through the motions or make up my own routine🤣. There are a lot of people at the gym recovering, the instructors are very understanding. I have decided to take each day by itself and not worry about anything else. The fatigue and brain fog is crazy. Today I thought I put the tablecloth in the washing machine, went downstairs to get it to put in the dryer and couldn’t find it. I found it later this afternoon in the deep freeze, just across from the washing machine, close…but no cigar🤣😜. I stayed with in my calories are didn’t quite get in my 10,000 steps, but that’s OK. No gym today and I feel like my body needed this day of rest.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been around, my nephew hasn't been to school all week so I've been there then helped a friend move the last two nights, I'm so beat. My brother called to tell me my nephew needed me earlier but I had to water the food bank greenhouse so I skipped a shower after my workout and tossed a pizza pocket in the air fryer to eat on the road. I ran out of my nutritional supplement and am switching to a different bcp so my hormones have been going nuts for 2 weeks and I'm run down. I'd love to sleep for a day but as soon as my sleeping pill wears off I'm awake. My nephew has therapy tomorrow for the first time, I had him more positive about school tomorrow but this appointment is with my SIL and the therapist over Zoom and I don't see him opening up that fast but am hopeful.

Have a great Thursday gang!
  • trooworld
    @askewcr Thank you for your positive attitude and encouraging words. :)

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Yeah, give yourself some grace, you are still recovering.

@Katmary71 I hope your nephew's appointment goes well. I'm sorry he's struggling. Have a great Thursday, too!

Hi all. We got takeout salads last night from a salad restaurant. I got an Asian salad with chicken which was delicious. We are having a weird winter heatwave: high of 82F today. My head is pounding due to the weather change. I hope to get a workout in today.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - Yay for getting your work out in yesterday. I hope you can today too. And good for you getting a small loss! Your salad sounds delicious and yay for healthy take out too.

@askewcr - I needed to hear that today. Thank you!

@laurelfit57 - Wow girl, that is some brain fog. I only had mild brain fog. I felt like I had to be careful with activity for about 3 weeks after. I did work out, but if I felt tired or lightheaded, I quit. You are doing all the right things, so keep it up and you will make it through. I felt like the after part was worse than the actual illness part! I don't have to decide about the job for awhile because it's a start up company and they are not open yet.

@Katmary71 - You are awesome for being there for your nephew and helping the food bank even though you are not feeling your best. I hope the therapy helps and even if he doesn't open up right away, it's a step in the right direction.

@amioc - one other thing you could try is to tell us just one thing you are struggling with and would like to fix. Most likely others have been through the same thing and can throw out a few ideas that can get you headed in the right direction.

It's Thursday. Husband went to work in the office today and his office schedule is going to increase a bit in the coming weeks. He likes working from home and I like it when he works from home. Also, I'm less apt to eat things I shouldn't eat when he's sitting right there. It will however be easier to get the vacuuming in. (is that a win?, I'm not sure....)

Yesterday I realized that I have forgotten about the power of vegetables. They make you eat slower and you feel full faster and longer. I'm going shopping today, so I will make sure I buy plenty and eat them this week. I've been having a few more carbs than normal. I don't have anything against carbs, but if I skip the breakfast toast etc, the weight comes off better for me. That's another thing to work on. I haven't been doing my workouts with gusto- that needs to change. And it's been rainy, so I haven't been walking as much as usual. I guess what it's taking me so long to say is that I see a small gain on the horizon for tomorrow. And it's time to get the scale headed down again.

Lisa
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135.0
    CW: 136.0
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @katmary I’m so sorry for your nephew’s struggles, so glad you are there to support him!!

@trooworld I wish we had a salad restaurant here, that sounds fantastic! So sorry to hear you are struggling with the weather changes and the headaches that go with that, fingers crossed it doesn’t get too bad out last too long.

@cornanda I’m doing the same thing with veggies, I stocked up on Monday, everything is washed, cut up and ready for me to grab in the fridge. I also got a dip from Costco I think it is called queso dip and tomorrow I am going to the farmers market and picking up some tzatziki. I have definitely found the days that I am having veggies and dip for my afternoon snack I am not so likely to eat in the evening.
    Thanks for letting me know about your recovery Lisa, I have been very discouraged. I thought, when my symptoms were so mild, I would sail right through! Good to know it is not just me.

I decided to check in earlier today, while I still have some brain cells left lol! I went to the gym this morning for a spin class and it was wonderful! I managed to make it all the way through class without my lungs feeling like they were turning into cement. I did not do my work out with gusto either Lisa, but it just felt really good to get through the work out!

I’m starting to think about making up some meals to freeze. I just made up some egg muffins, I think I will have one on the weekend when my grand kiddos are here! I think I need to get a few different things in the freezer, I need variety right now :-).

That’s it for me today, just going to have a little nap :-)
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Username Kerritho
    W in Day Friday
    PW: 151 lbs
    CW: 151 lbs!!!

No loss this week. I cycled 87km walked 56kms and did weights in the gym twice and a pilates class! I had two nights out so ate (drank) over my calories :( Will have to do better on the eating this week. I don't know where I heard this saying "you can't out run your fork" but I proved it was true this week.

Onwards and downwards this week.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear about Joe. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. We will be here when you return. Just take it easy and try to get some rest.
    Kat
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Check in day: Monday
    PW: 196
    CW: 195.4
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @trooworld I love your hair color! I need to look for salad places, that sounds awesome. I have a Mexican food place that I adore their salad but I can't think of any salad specific places. I'm sure one of the vegan or vegetarian places would have good ones, that's where I have a lot of my cooking ideas from. It's really warm down in southern CA, how weird! It's not normally 73 this time of year so I'm loving it.

@Cornanda Adding more veggies in sounds smart and the more you add in the less not-so-great stuff you're eating. I realized yesterday eating hard pears with my nephew that fruit that's hard takes a long time to eat too so that's another idea.

@laurelfit57 Dip is a great idea, I forgot about how I used to eat veggies with Bolthouse ranch, you gave me good idea! Glad to hear you're seeing a difference in your lungs with workouts, never forget that first day where it was intimidating and hard to do compared to now, it's pretty amazing how fast we can get healthier with consistency.

@TeresaW1020 Prayers for you and Joe, I'm so sorry his confusion was bad enough he needed to go to the hospital. Just take care of the two of you, we love our leader but totally understand.

@kerritho Way to go on trying new things at the gym!

Hi everyone, had a busy day and was feeling really overwhelmed and kind of snapped at people to leave me the heck alone! I told one friend I wasn't talking to anyone today then later said sorry and just that I was overwhelmed. My nephew's appointment went well, my SIL stayed home with him to work on an action plan so I had the chance to get groceries and do things around here. The nurse at the holistic group that I've helped move asked if I could come over again and help and I said no, I couldn't physically do anymore for her, I have a migraine and cramps and I'm exhausted. It was like everyone kept piling more and more on me and no one would let me vent so I needed to not deal with anyone at all for awhile before I could tell people to back off politely and decompress. Tomorrow's watering at the food bank greenhouse and my hair appointment so not too stressful, I'll get up early to get my workout in. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Thanks you guys for your reply’s and for the encouragement ☺️. That’s a good idea @Cornanda thank you 🙂. I think the main thing I struggle with is I just love junk food and I crave sugar like all the time! When I’m on track I don’t cut it out of my diet but I do eat a lot less that of it. At the moment I just keep giving into my cravings to much 😕
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:213.8
    CW:219.5
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 257