"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Yesterday was so great because I felt so good working out. Wonder what a week off does.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and bok choy for dinner yesterday. Was a good day overall and RD 5 will be in the bag soon!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. At least it's a short day at school. Have a few chores to run as well.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs, salad and rice for dinner. Sore from yesterdays and Monday's workout. Good thing it's only biceps today.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Today's workout: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    Machine high row 3x10
    Seated cable row 5x5
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher curl 3x10

Workout analysis: My left elbow is nagging me again, not sure what's up. It's not preventing me from lifting, but it is hampering me loading or unloading plates at times. Grr. I also realized why my sets of warmup pullups may be bothering me so much here compared to my home gym...there's no actual pullup bar. What there is is a station with pullup handles set for pronated, neutral, and reverse grip, but the handles themselves are further apart than I'm comfortable using. Am thinking next week I'll bend my knees and position under a squat bar set to max height, see if that helps any. In addition, I've been doing the same routine for several weeks now, rather than changing things up like I normally like to do. I started using the base gym with the assumption it would only be a few weeks, but now it's looking like it'll be a few months instead. So maybe I should go back to changing my routine each week, so I can hit muscles from different angles and such.

Today's meals: Lunch - soup, peanut butter, chips (aka whatever I could cobble together at 5am in the dark since there's no leftovers), Dinner - pork schnitzel with sweet potatoes

• nossmf
    Maybe TMI, but last night brushing my teeth before bed I was looking at my shirtless reflection in the mirror. For no reason I could discern, I flexed my pecs, and spent several minutes standing there making my chest dance without moving my limbs. I never used to be able to do this, so I was torn between being happy I could, and wondering why I had to wait until I was happily married for 20 years rather than being able to do this back when I was single and trying to get the girls' attention, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Found out yesterday that one of my clients who hadn't been working with me for over a month, passed away yesterday. I've been through this a couple of times and each time it tugs at my heart strings.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Beef pho for dinner. Lol, and of course my weight is up this morning.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Will get a good workout in today and prep for the Superbowl this weekend. Though I don't really have any dog in this, I prefer the Bengals to win since I'm not an LA fan of any pro sports team.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Fish fillets and vegetables for dinner. Almost at Rd 5 weight already!!!

• nossmf
    Today's workout: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    Leg Presses 5x5
    Calf Raises 3x20
    Standing hamstring curls 3x10

Workout analysis: The squats felt good, I was dialed in. But the leg presses were harder than expected. Normally I relish loading them up, but today I was really having to concentrate on getting to proper depth for some reason. I could, but it was harder than usual. Maybe because I've been a bad lifter and skipping leg day every other week. Never was an issue when I had access to the gym by my house; can't wait to get back in there! Additionally, I no longer am as impressed with the 35# plates as when I first discovered they exist. During squat warmup sets, one side was struggling more than the other leg, figured I just had to power through it. Next set was fine, but the third warmup set was again feeling off. That's when I determined I'd inadvertently grabbed a 35# plate rather than a 25#, so my odd warmup sets were unbalanced as a result, while my even warmup sets (using 45# at the end) were fine. Figure I just saw a plate, smaller than a 45# and bigger than a 10#, and automatically assumed it was what I wanted, so now I need to pay better attention.

Today's meals: Lunch - schnitzel with sweet potatoes, Dinner - skillet chicken with soy sauce and buttered egg noodles

Additional health notes: my weight is up a bit, back above 193, but still safely in the 190-195 range where it has been for the last decade. Guess if I want to drop down the BF% it will take actual effort on my part, lol. Today's schedule of food will have me well below calorie count, but I reckon I'll keep it, since Super Bowl Sunday I intend to gorge myself on pizza and chicken wings during the game, so it'll help balance out the week. I'll be happy with either team winning, as either the Bengals win the title for the first time (0-2 lifetime so far), or Matt Stafford gets rewarded for having wasted the first decade of his career in Detroit.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Glad to be working legs today! Have to drop daughter off at practice, then get a haircut, pedicure and clean the house so I can be free all day after work tomorrow to watch Superbowl.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. I was just too tired to cook yesterday.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Was a good game but not overly exciting for me. Was rooting for the Bengals but at the very least a team in our division won it all showing how tough the NFC west is.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Saved calories for the evening, but really didn't need to. Looking forward to the next weigh in on Rd 5!

• nossmf
    Workout: no workout today. Due to COVID the company wants us to minimize the number of people in office at any given time. Days I train the new guys I am exempt from the rule, but today all three of our new guys are unavailable for me to train, so I'm hanging at home. Will try to get in about a half day of office type work from my kitchen table, but as it's Valentine's Day let's be honest, I'm going to spend the second half of the day with my wife.

Super Bowl analysis: I hate to contradict you, my friend, but that was a fabulous game last night. Sure, if you're a person who prefers final scores with both teams having 5+ touchdowns then it didn't reach that level. But the best games to me are ones which either side has a shot at winning right up until the final buzzer, games with a margin of victory of a touchdown or less so a single score can swing the final result the other way. Games where long plays happen, but are not the rule; rather both teams have to leverage their best playmakers on both sides of the ball, use strategy for when to attack and when to back off, and in the end the game is decided not by a mistake or a penalty but by the individual effort of the players following their coach's game plan. Sure looked like what happened to me last night.

Super Bowl commercial analysis: decent crop of commercials this year. My daughter loved the one with the robot dog and the electric car; I was rolling in laughter for the Austin Powers reboot. ("I shall call him...Baby Me.")

Super Bowl halftime analysis: I'm not a fan of rap, so it was a long 40 minutes between game action. But my wife was enthralled.

Today's meals: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - ??? (Going out to eat, wife's choice of location, so likely either Italian or seafood.)

• ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Workout: no workout today. Due to COVID the company wants us to minimize the number of people in office at any given time. Days I train the new guys I am exempt from the rule, but today all three of our new guys are unavailable for me to train, so I'm hanging at home. Will try to get in about a half day of office type work from my kitchen table, but as it's Valentine's Day let's be honest, I'm going to spend the second half of the day with my wife.

Super Bowl analysis: I hate to contradict you, my friend, but that was a fabulous game last night. Sure, if you're a person who prefers final scores with both teams having 5+ touchdowns then it didn't reach that level. But the best games to me are ones which either side has a shot at winning right up until the final buzzer, games with a margin of victory of a touchdown or less so a single score can swing the final result the other way. Games where long plays happen, but are not the rule; rather both teams have to leverage their best playmakers on both sides of the ball, use strategy for when to attack and when to back off, and in the end the game is decided not by a mistake or a penalty but by the individual effort of the players following their coach's game plan. Sure looked like what happened to me last night.

Super Bowl commercial analysis: decent crop of commercials this year. My daughter loved the one with the robot dog and the electric car; I was rolling in laughter for the Austin Powers reboot. ("I shall call him...Baby Me.")

Super Bowl halftime analysis: I'm not a fan of rap, so it was a long 40 minutes between game action. But my wife was enthralled.

Today's meals: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - ??? (Going out to eat, wife's choice of location, so likely either Italian or seafood.)
    Probably just sour grapes from me. If San Francisco was in there, I'm sure we would have won our 6th Superbowl. With OBJ going down, I think it would have been an LA route, but gotta hand it to Stafford and Kupp for pulling through when it counted.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Crazy day at school with all the kids on sugar highs from passing candy to each other for Valentine's.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Coconut curry chicken and rice for dinner. Was a good workout day since I'm feeling the soreness in my shoulders already.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Starting to warm up a bit here. Added another new client keeping my schedule pretty full now.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Pork chops and bok choy for dinner. Finished off watching "All of Us are Dead" on Netflix. Love Zombie movies.
  • nossmf
    Work schedule is screwing up my workout schedule this week. If I had access to my home gym I would get in my usual 3 lifting sessions this week, but as it stands I'm only gonna get one time, on Friday, so I'm putting together a full-body session (man, when's the last time I did one of those?).
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Not much going on today but work.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Ribs and vegetables for dinner. This has been a slow week I guess because of the lull of not as many sports to watch. There are the Olympics, but I only have an interest in a few events.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Will be a 3 day weekend for me because no school Monday. Not sure what to make for dinner tonight, but will figure it out by midmorning.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Weight holding steady and my fitness is getting better now that we don't have to wear masks anymore in my gym.
  • nossmf
    Today's Workout: Full Body

Squat 4x20
    BB Row 4x10
    Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,5
    DB OHP 3x10
    Cable Pushdown/Curl Superset 2x10

Workout analysis: Wow, been a while since I did the entire body lifting in a single session, I can already feel it. Felt really strong on the bench press, and the results show it, as I was able to crank out five reps on my last set at a weight I was expecting to struggle to get 3 reps. Isn't it amazing how much stronger you actually are when you have a spotter and are able to not be conservative for fear of pushing too hard? Will have to give serious thought to my starting weight in the future.

Any opinions on this for a total-body workout? Obviously no cardio, and the whole thing took over an hour compared to my usual goal of 45 minutes, but I think I like it.

Tonight's dinner: Lasagna with side salad (no dressing)

Life events: Scale read down two pounds from last week at this time, and I know it's not because I starved myself by a thousand calories per day. Difference has to be largely water weight, but it's hard to tell if I'm dehydrated today or was overhydrated last week.

Old school buddy is coming to town today, will be staying with us til the end of the month. Hoping to get a normal 3-pack of lifting sessions next week, unlike this week's fiasco.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Today's Workout: Full Body

Squat 4x20
    BB Row 4x10
    Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,5
    DB OHP 3x10
    Cable Pushdown/Curl Superset 2x10

Workout analysis: Wow, been a while since I did the entire body lifting in a single session, I can already feel it. Felt really strong on the bench press, and the results show it, as I was able to crank out five reps on my last set at a weight I was expecting to struggle to get 3 reps. Isn't it amazing how much stronger you actually are when you have a spotter and are able to not be conservative for fear of pushing too hard? Will have to give serious thought to my starting weight in the future.

Any opinions on this for a total-body workout? Obviously no cardio, and the whole thing took over an hour compared to my usual goal of 45 minutes, but I think I like it.

Tonight's dinner: Lasagna with side salad (no dressing)

Life events: Scale read down two pounds from last week at this time, and I know it's not because I starved myself by a thousand calories per day. Difference has to be largely water weight, but it's hard to tell if I'm dehydrated today or was overhydrated last week.

Old school buddy is coming to town today, will be staying with us til the end of the month. Hoping to get a normal 3-pack of lifting sessions next week, unlike this week's fiasco.

Hits all major body parts with compound movements. If I only had a few movements to do, these would be the ones.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Glad to be working legs today! Have to drop daughter off at practice, quick walk, then rest and get ready for her long competition day today.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork fried rice. I made it no oil at all.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Not the greatest of weekends because Saturday my van wouldn't start and after getting a new battery installed, my radiator went out as well. Now have to bring in the van to get it replaced and having to jock around just one vehicle for the next day or so throws a wrench into my schedule cause my wife needs the car too. At least it's a holiday today.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I overeate a little this weekend, but back on track today.