What's on your mind?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Feeling sad for a special MFP friend. <3
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I'm feeling very disappointed and upset, but trying to stay positive for my kids. I am getting a divorce and am wanting to move back to where I'm from not only to be closer to my mom and closest friends, but financially and support-wise it makes way more sense. I also know in my heart my happiness is no longer here where I'm living and is there. My husband grew up about an hour from where I'm wanting to go. He finally let me know today he is not moving back there. Basically, he doesn't want to give up his house with the big garden or his job and the walking trails. I get it, he was blindsided by all of this and this is a lot to ask for him, but I also was under the impression that he wanted to move back there, too, as the taxes where we live are ridiculous. He is willing to pay more a lot more money to stay here, including all of my housing, but I've told him over and over again money doesn't buy happiness.

I've stayed unhappy in this marriage because I knew I'd have to give up how I was living, make major changes to my lifestyle (including working more), and most importantly, upsetting the kids. I am also giving up a lot too, including where I've worked for the past 15 1/2 years (longer than my marriage) and the dance studio where I have taken several classes for the past several years, and the performing company. I wouldn't be wanting to do this if I didn't feel giving all that up would result in me actually being happy.
  • Unsafespace
    Unsafespace Posts: 88 Member
    🎶 Oh hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to the gym I go, gonna work on building some strong siggitty swooty booty glutes 🎶
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    MFP techs don’t know how to fix it,
    Find some tech folks that do. !!!
    😠🤯😠
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited February 2022
    Why is it that in a relationship, it's ok for the woman to go ogling over a celebrity or whatever, but if the guy does it, suddenly it's hurtful to the woman in said relationship?

Does the woman think that just because the celebrity is unobtainable that the ogling is somehow justified? Do women not understand the meaning of 'double standards,' or hypocrisy? Am I categorizing this into sexes when it should be taken on a case-by-case?

Late to this party, but there should be no difference; if the ogling is to the same degree from either party, then the result should be the same. The difference would be how far each partner would take it if it were say, a hot co-worker instead.

And that's more about possessiveness, jealousy, trust and insecurity issues that the individuals would have to work out. Please don't categorize all women into the same category of petty double standards and hypocrisy, though. Not all women are possessive, hypocritical and insecure in the same way that not all men are misogynistic, womanizing philanderers.

I've been with plenty of men who behave the way women do in the scenario you've mentioned and it's equally hypocritical and annoying.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Why is it that in a relationship, it's ok for the woman to go ogling over a celebrity or whatever, but if the guy does it, suddenly it's hurtful to the woman in said relationship?

Does the woman think that just because the celebrity is unobtainable that the ogling is somehow justified? Do women not understand the meaning of 'double standards,' or hypocrisy? Am I categorizing this into sexes when it should be taken on a case-by-case?

Late to this party, but there should be no difference; if the ogling is to the same degree from either party, then the result should be the same. The difference would be how far each partner would take it if it were say, a hot co-worker instead.

And that's more about possessiveness, jealousy, trust and insecurity issues that the individuals would have to work out. Please don't categorize all women into the same category of petty double standards and hypocrisy, though. Not all women are possessive, hypocritical and insecure in the same way that not all men are misogynistic, womanizing philanderers.

I've been with plenty of men who behave the way women do in the scenario you've mentioned and it's equally hypocritical and annoying.

Well.. I did say "Why is it that in a relationship, it's ok for the woman to go ogling." But you'll notice I then wondered aloud "Am I categorizing this into sexes when it should be taken on a case-by-case?"

Nowdays I'm noticing a lot of battle of the sexes going on. "Men are *insert baloney here*," or "Women are *insert baloney here*."

I don't buy into it and I wish all people everywhere would stop doing it. It's "all men are like this," or "all women are like that." Nope. If you had a bad experience with someone, you had a bad experience with an individual. Don't lump a bunch of other people you don't know into a negative category.

I hope that clears things up.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    She 's growing bored 😔. I can tell. With the way the communication has been going between us. And the look on her face the last time we talked, says it.

Kinda begs the question, then, of why she wants to keep things going.
  • Unsafespace
    3czhvioevfdk.jpg

I've heard of "short-staffed" but "no-staff??"

When you start growing out of your childhood and become an adult with responsibilities and bills, how do you just not show up to work?
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,184 Member
    Just got spotify, and listened to Jimi Hendrix for the first time in years. :)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    How much I love the Olympics
  • honey_honey_12
    I’m not sure but it feels like concrete. 🤯😔
  • honey_honey_12
    lqtcp5qw55tl.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    Today was the first day in a couple years that my grandchildren were able to attend school with no mask.
    I’m very happy for them.
  • honey_honey_12
    s1cp87xde0g7.gif
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Wondering why my former classmates ask me for help rather than getting help from others still enrolled in the course or be offered some from the school
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    It’s been 12 days since my son lost his father. We’re still waiting for the medical examiner to release him so we can proceed with arrangements. Something has got to give.

Im so sorry Jenni 😞 I hope you all don't have to wait much longer.
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    gbk74iil35p9.jpg
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Deep thoughts about the future tonight. Big changes coming in the next month between a job change and returning to school for a new degree, planning for getting out of debt and for taking my kids on a nice vacation, thinking about what the possibilities for the future are for my relationship…
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    All the people in the street
  • honey_honey_12
    These headaches.
    If they weren’t right behind my eyeballs I’d be worried.