That's the same kind of waiting I was irked by
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Our latest oil bill. Holy Mackerel. It's never been this high. :(
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    @eatpolerepeat Come to Colorado; we’ll share! We got 8-9” last night!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    My lack of willpower. :( DH was very thoughtful and kind and bought me a pint of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream yesterday. He knows I've been staying on a much healthier way of eating since the holidays??? He said he'd eat it but I know me. It wouldn't make it through another day of sitting in the freezer.

And it didn't. :(
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The push for women in STEM. If they don't want to take computer science in college, stop pressuring them. Those who do are welcome with open arms and a plethora of support. At this point it's just shaming the women who aren't interested. Let women pursue what they want! Stop pushing them!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I am SO mad right now I am spitting nails. Some of you might remember I mailed a Christmas package in Dec. to my dd and I insured it for 600 bucks. It got sent to a recovery center one city over from Seattle. So we filed the missing package claim, then I filed the insurance claim a few weeks ago. It was challenging to get any receipts together but I did have some. Plus I wrote them a letter, detailing every single thing that was in that package. Postage alone was $70. Plus the estimated cost of contents was $542. I just got a notice I'd be getting 15 effin bucks. Yep, 15.

WTF???
    I have to appeal but don't have the first clue on how to do that. :( Plus obviously, I'll have to calm down first.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I am SO mad right now I am spitting nails. Some of you might remember I mailed a Christmas package in Dec. to my dd and I insured it for 600 bucks. It got sent to a recovery center one city over from Seattle. So we filed the missing package claim, then I filed the insurance claim a few weeks ago. It was challenging to get any receipts together but I did have some. Plus I wrote them a letter, detailing every single thing that was in that package. Postage alone was $70. Plus the estimated cost of contents was $542. I just got a notice I'd be getting 15 effin bucks. Yep, 15.

WTF???
    I have to appeal but don't have the first clue on how to do that. :( Plus obviously, I'll have to calm down first.
    This reminds me of my experience with FedEx last summer. I shipped 3 cases of equipment in Pelican equipment cases for a job, insuring each for $2500 (replacement cost). FedEx broke a piece of glass ($300) on the outbound shipment and another piece (different case) on the return. I filed separate claims for $300 each with documentation, pictures and receipts. They denied both claims with no explanation, even though the gear was insured and I had proof of damage.
    No words can express how angry I was.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

WTF???

Aww Reenie that sucks, I hope on appeal someone sees reason.. pfft $15.. how on earth did they come up with that amount?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

WTF???
    This reminds me of my experience with FedEx last summer. I shipped 3 cases of equipment in Pelican equipment cases for a job, insuring each for $2500 (replacement cost). FedEx broke a piece of glass ($300) on the outbound shipment and another piece (different case) on the return. I filed separate claims for $300 each with documentation, pictures and receipts. They denied both claims with no explanation, even though the gear was insured and I had proof of damage.
    No words can express how angry I was.

Oh good lord......insurance is the worse. :( They don't want to cover anything!! Did you do an appeal of any kind??? I'm going to as soon as I find out how. Searching USPS this a.m. I found a tidbit of info I wish I'd known before. Gift cards are NOT covered on lost claims; you have to appeal to the company itself IF you bought the gift card directly from the company. Many I simply picked up at the grocery store. There was only 1 I purchased directly from the place so I sent an email off to them.

Why pay for insurance at all if they deny coverage, or just as bad, deny hoping you won't appeal?? My sister was denied a health insurance claim and knew she was in the right so filed an appeal, got the whole thing paid for. :/ Why should that have to happen in the first place?

WTF???

Aww Reenie that sucks, I hope on appeal someone sees reason.. pfft $15.. how on earth did they come up with that amount?

Yeh, I have NO idea where they came up with the 15 bucks. It's terribly insulting, to say the least. I know they're hoping I don't appeal. But I need to find a post office that'll actually help me. :( My local one is worthless. :/ As I mentioned above, gift cards are not covered.(Love that fine print that you have to wallow through pages to find.) But other stuff I definitely have proof of purchase, not to mention the postal receipt claiming it cost 60 bucks just to mail the dang thing. Course the cost of insurance isn't covered :/

I'm still trying to calm down enough to formulate words without Bi!@hing the whole place out. ;)

Whateverthehell happened to customer service anyways?? Besides this issue and our counter top people, I think I've used up my annual allotment of curse words. And it's only February.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Delta Airlines... and delayed flights.
    Today's timeline:
    Original flight departure: 8:35am
    Delayed to 9:17
    Delayed to 9:47
    Delayed to 10:15... 😑
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    The wind today 🤧
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Everyone *kitten* on my handwriting 😂. I alternate between Cursive sometimes and I don’t think it’s appreciated anymore.
    Is it really that bad???

yly0orrmygav.jpeg

It looks perfectly fine to me. Mine looks very similar, so I may be biased.
  • amberchecker
    amberchecker Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Food scale broke. Been weighing my food for such a long time that i feel lost without it. Can't wait for the new one to come in.