Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you and yes, I did get a workout in! I would eat less if my husband was at home, too lol. Yes about veggies. I try to buy steam bags of veggies to have with dinner most nights. It's a no-effort addition to dinner!

@laurelfit57 We are very lucky to have several such restaurants around. There are a lot of options for us in our area if we CHOOSE to make the healthy option lol. Luckily, I took some Naproxen and the headache went away. That's great you were able to make it through the spin class, congratulations! Freezing things is a good idea. Enjoy your nap, I love to nap!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for stopping in while you are so busy. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine! Hugs to you and Joe.

@kerritho Maybe also all that exercise made you retain water? Good luck next week!

@Jactop @Mom24_2021 Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Yeah, we are lucky there are several around. These restaurants not only have salads, they have grain bowls and one also has wraps and flatbreads. Yeah, I'm loving the weather too...so nice. I understand snapping when overwhelmed, I think that has happened to a lot of us. All of that does sound physically and emotionally overwhelming. I hope you enjoy your day today.

@amioc I have a bit of that going on, too. Some things that help me are:
    • Making sure to drink enough water (I'm talking at least 75 oz). This takes away cravings for me if I am hydrated enough.
    • Plan my meals and snacks and pretrack them.
    • Don't buy the junk/bring it in the house. If it is here, no matter how many times I promise myself I won't get into it, I do.
    • Make sure and eat enough protein. Protein is satiating and helps with cravings.
    • Want something sweet? Try fruit. I love to buy pineapples and cut them up and have them in the fridge.
    • I have been telling myself lately that something has to change. That pings something in my head and I have been making better decisions.
    • Make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep.

Hi all. I had a great on-plan day yesterday. I worked out, I ate a healthy lunch and dinner, I had a semi-healthy breakfast. The only thing I did that didn't fit into my healthy lifestyle was eat some Triscuits with reduced-fat cream cheese on them. My mistake, I didn't eat enough at breakfast. Today will be better.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 1/19: 226.7

Check in weight (2/2/2022): 225.2
    Check in weight (2/9/2022):225.0
    Check in weight (2/16/2022):
    Check in weight (2/23/2022):
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    amioc wrote: »
    Thanks you guys for your reply’s and for the encouragement ☺️. That’s a good idea @Cornanda thank you 🙂. I think the main thing I struggle with is I just love junk food and I crave sugar like all the time! When I’m on track I don’t cut it out of my diet but I do eat a lot less that of it. At the moment I just keep giving into my cravings to much 😕

https://secondnature.io/us/guides/nutrition/cant-stop-eating-junk-food
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @laurelfit57 - I was also discouraged! Hope you had a nice nap. Freezing some meals is a great idea.

@TeresaW1020 - I'm so sorry to hear this. I was wondering where you were and hoping it was not some bad health news. Said some extra prayers for you both today.

@kerritho - at least you maintained this week and you came out with a good conclusion and mindset for next week.

@jactop @Mom24_2021 @leonadixon @gwamajtw91 nice loss!

@Katmary71 - what a perfect storm. I'm sure you are quite concerned about your nephew. I know you really love those kids. I'm glad you recognized you needed some time to decompress and went out and got that for yourself. Hugs to you!

OK- who else can help @amioc with junk food and sugar cravings?!?!?!

I have pretty much rid my house of any food that triggers me to eat off plan. If I'm struggling with a food that's here, I might put it out of sight (that works for me) Or I might put it in the freezer so I cannot eat it. Generally junk food and sugar are set up to make you want to eat more and more of them. If you have trouble chucking the food that is bad for you, remember that it is also being wasted when you put it in your body because your body does not need it! If you have family that wants that stuff, then keep it in a separate area and tell yourself it's not for you and don't go in there. Put a sign on the door to remind yourself to keep out if you need to. A few treats that I keep around are Hershey dark choc kisses, and some 100 cal ice cream treats. A person still needs dessert some times. I agree with @trooworld on lots of water and protein also being helpful.

Today was not fun. I spent over two hours on hold and working on an IT issue for work. And now that the issue is solved, it messed up something else! And so I will need to spend more time with IT next week. I decided I'd had enough for today!

Lisa

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    Happy Friday Everyone!

It's a great and beautiful day in Georgia! Hubby and I washed my car and I cleaned it out. It's looking pretty good if I have to say so myself. I went to the gym and tutored yesterday. I went to the gym today and added a little more weight and leveled up a little this week. It just feels good to be doing something for "me" and seeing some results. Self love is so important and this for me is a form of just that.

Keeping busy helps with me not eating so much. :p When I'm idle, I eat quite a bit but if I have a "project," it's a win, win. That's why I try to stay busy. I have two storytelling gigs coming up this month and I'm excited about that.

Have a great weekend everyone! Let's go get it! B)
  • FushiaKat
    Hi Team,
    My Birthday is next week, and hub is wanting to know if I want cake. I can't decide if I want to eat cake or not and I'm looking for lower calorie options. It would need to be something he can buy for me; he won't bake or make it. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Thanks, Kat
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    edited February 2022
    @teresaw1020 I am so sorry to hear about Joe. Please do take good care of yourself and of course your dear husband. I will definitely be thinking of you.

@kerritho good work on all the physical exercise this week! Eating out 2 nights and no gain, I would consider that a win :-)

@jactop congratulations on the loss!

@katmary71 I commend you on being able to set boundaries and look after your mental health! It is a hard skill to learn, but it really is so helpful! Really glad to hear that your nephew’s appointment went well!!

@trooworld those points you made about food, I 100% try to live by them. When I don’t, I definitely go off the rails! It sounds like you had a great on plan day yesterday!!

@amioc I definitely echo what trooworld and cornanda say. Some people are able to have snacks around and just have them out of sight, they are fine with that. For me, especially in these stressful times I cannot have junk food around anywhere, I will definitely go and find that. I make sure that I have my favourite fruits either cut up or washed and ready for me to snack on in the fridge if I have a craving for something sweet.

@Cornanda I think when technology works, it is a really wonderful thing, when it doesn’t, I want to pull my hair out. I can’t believe that some people actually do this for a living, my son is one of them. He has his degree in computer sciences and he is part of an IT team for a large trucking company. He says he finds it fascinating it is like putting puzzles together. I’m so glad that there are our IT people in the world lol lol. Good to know when to shut it down! Wow congrats on the loss, so stoked for you!!! I know you mentioned earlier that you didn’t think you would get a loss this week, always nice to have a happy surprise!

@askewcr sounds like a great day, lots accomplished! I feel the same about the gym, when I had to stop going for a bit, I really missed it!!

I must be getting back to my old self, I didn’t sleep that great last night lol. I did intervals at the gym this morning and actually upped the weights and got through the whole workout. Grand kiddos have been here most of the day, we stopped at an indoor farmers market and picked up the tzatziki and a couple of Macarons for my grandkids (luckily I am not tempted by those at all🤣)
    Attaching a picture of the Grandkiddos and Vannie in the backseat after the farmers market just for cuteness 🥰

l0k3pcw4tyh8.jpeg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Happy Saturday!

@FushiaKat - maybe a tiny cake or a fancy cupcake? It's not the one serving of birthday cake that gets you, it's all the leftovers.

@askewcr- Hooray for a clean car and a productive day! Keeping busy is definitely a good distraction from eating. Where do you do storytelling? I'm really interested in reading and used to love helping out at school with kids who needed more help.

@laurelfit57 - Amen to that on the technology. Interesting, I never thought of IT as a puzzle- just super boring lol. But you are right- it IS a puzzle- and I'm glad some people find it fascinating. Whoa! Cuteness overload in your back seat!

Not much going on here today. Some deep cleaning and decluttering which is not my favorite, but always feel like an accomplishment when completed.

Lisa
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight 258.5
    PW:21.5
    CW:252 B)

Happy Saturday Everyone!!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member

Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    CW 145
    Not sure how it happened but I’ll take it!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @leonadixon @gwamajtw91 @Cornanda @tammymccrady6278 congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Putting food out of sight totally works for me, too. I'm sorry about the IT issue, I hate calling our IT department. It's always a hassle lol. Congrats on getting into the next decade! Good luck with your cleaning.

@askewcr I need to wash my car, too. You inspire me! Self-love is important. I think you are missing a digit in your weigh-in number. ;)

@FushiaKat If you decide that you do want something, I know my grocery store sells individual pieces of cake. You guys could each have your own piece. Or, you could just have a cookie from the grocery store bakery. Mine packages them in twos in cellophane bags. Happy birthday early!

@laurelfit57 Thanks. I did have a good day on Thursday! I'm so glad you are doing better. Sounds like a fun day with the grandkids. THat's a good picture, cute kiddos! And Vannie looks like she's having fun.

@tammymccrady6278 Awesome! You are doing so well.

Hi all. I decided yesterday to pre-track my whole week up to Weds. It helped me see where I was going to go negative and I was able to change the meal plan before I went to the grocery store! I will 100% do this again. Game changer. In other news, yesterday was another good day. I made a conscious decision to shoot down my husband's offer to get pizza instead of cooking. On plan woot woot! Today will be busy, lots of running around, I'm picking out new glasses and I can't wait.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 131 lbs
    CW: 131 lbs

I am frustrated with myself! There was a box of Valentine's candy in my mailbox at work yesterday, and I proceeded to eat the entire thing within a couple of hours. Today, I have less energy and my gut feels sluggish. Even though I know what will happen, I continue to eat these things. Why?

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,742 Member
    Digger61
    Sat
    PW 221.5
    CW 221.5
  • FushiaKat
    Hi Team,
    I have decided to stick with what's working now. I'm just going to have the Orange, Mini Bag of Frosted Animal Cookies and Popcorn on my Birthday. If I eat Cake or Cookies, then I will be craving sugar and carbs. It took me a while just to get used to eating the Mini Bag of Frosted Animal Cookies without craving all the bad stuff. Plus, I won't have the feelings of guilt associated with going off my plan.
    Have a great weekend, Kat
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The February Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 13th...this week we spend some time focusing on self-care because there's ONLY ONE YOU!! You can put yourself first and STILL be an AWESOME person!!! Join us, will you?!! See you tomorrow!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10856371/february-week-3-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • Mom24_2021
    Mom24_2021 Posts: 42 Member
    @FushiaKat I know I’m late to the party and it looks like you have already made up your mind but I just wanted to throw my suggestion out. There are decent ice creams now made of Greek yogurt, almond milk (dairy free), and Keto friendly ice cream options out there today. Just doing a quick search for you landed me with 2 boxes of 100calorie Greek yogurt ice cream bars in my grocery cart. I know it’s not the same but some people get ice cream instead of cake for their bday. I think it’s a really great way to celebrate your special day without getting off course. I, however, think it’s really awesome you’re set on sticking to your new diet even on special days. I’m definitely one of those people who go overboard those days. Lol. Don’t forget to remind us next week it’s your special day so we can wish you a happy birthday. 🥰
This discussion has been closed.