Losing hope instead of weight :(

1235»

Replies

• ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The responses were extremely helpful in terms of what to do to fix the problem, even after the temper tantrum.

People who want solely cheerleading and are less concerned about actual useful advice should consider posting in the Motivation and Support forum.
    There’s nothing here I disagree with.

I guess I view this as a coach. The trick is to program at the highest level that a client can adhere to. While factually most of the advice given has been correct , once it had been rejected the next step is to revise backwards to factual advice that can be accepted. Sometimes the conversation will bottom out to where there just isn’t any more helpful advice to give.
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    Been here 8 years and that is the norm rather than an exception.
    Maybe not a good match for me then?

Best of luck guys.

• Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member

All well and good, however, you still don't explain your statement that olive oil breaks down body fat for fuel. Where did you get that idea?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/12-fat-burning-foods#TOC_TITLE_HDR_13

"Olive oil is one of the healthiest fats on earth.

Olive oil has been shown to lower triglycerides, increase HDL cholesterol and stimulate the release of GLP-1, one of the hormones that helps keep you full (64Trusted Source).

What’s more, some studies have shown that olive oil may boost metabolic rate and promote fat loss (65Trusted Source, 66Trusted Source, 67Trusted Source).

In a small study in 12 postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity, eating extra virgin olive oil as part of a meal significantly increased the number of calories the women burned for several hours (68Trusted Source).

To incorporate olive oil into your daily diet, drizzle a couple of tablespoons on your salad or add it to cooked food."
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Slowfaster wrote: »
    I'm going to suggest something that worked for me and then run away before the bombs land. Try adding in a few tablespoons olive oil everyday.

About a year ago I started eating 800 calories a day and after two weeks had lost nothing. This time I decided to try again following the Mediterranean diet recommended by my doctor. I'm also logging because I actually enjoy the weigh and measure part. So I've been averaging about 1200 per day and lost 13 pounds by the end of January (I only weigh once a month.) The oil helps break down body fat for fuel.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jnDxiD5aD2Y&list=WL&index=3

But don't forget to log the olive oil. :p

@callsitlikeiseeit I hate your husband. :) But like you cuz you're actually shorter than me and that's rare! (I'm 5'2")

trust me, i hate my husband too. LOLOLOL

want to make it worse? he needs to GAIN weight.... and CANT!!!!!!!!!! the MF'ER has been to SO MANY docs to rule out any sort of POSSIBLE health issue for this reason.

healthy as a horse.

the &^%$^&*(*&^%$^&*( (*&^%$^&*()*&^%&* (*&^%&*()*&^%^&*(

god i hate him so much.

• Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member

Oil and butter are not filling at all, imo. Yes, your advice was bad because it has no basis in science. It is not rude to say that.

The Healthline article I linked had five sources siting studies showing that people (men as well as women) were more satisfied and lost more body fat when using olive oil vs other fats, not just the one you mention about postmenopausal women. It was not directed at the OP but at the various people still here who said my advice to add a little olive oil was unscientific with no evidence.

The Healthline article goes on to summarize:

"Olive oil appears to reduce the risk of heart disease, promote feelings of fullness and boost metabolic rate."

You call my advice bad saying it has no basis in science, even though I've shown you five studies. Where is your scientific evidence to back your claim "oil and butter are not filling at all?"
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Slowfaster wrote: »

Oil and butter are not filling at all, imo. Yes, your advice was bad because it has no basis in science. It is not rude to say that.

The Healthline article I linked had five sources siting studies showing that people (men as well as women) were more satisfied and lost more body fat when using olive oil vs other fats, not just the one you mention about postmenopausal women. It was not directed at the OP but at the various people still here who said my advice to add a little olive oil was unscientific with no evidence.

The Healthline article goes on to summarize:

"Olive oil appears to reduce the risk of heart disease, promote feelings of fullness and boost metabolic rate."

You call my advice bad saying it has no basis in science, even though I've shown you five studies. Where is your scientific evidence to back your claim "oil and butter are not filling at all?"

I didn’t cite any studies. Generally speaking, eating oil is not filling for most I would bet. I never said olive oil is not healthy. I said it has no magic properties for weight loss. Usually, calorie dense foods like oil are not good for weight loss.