• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    edited February 2022
    coblujay wrote: »
    @coblujay
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW: 196
    CW: 195.2

After bouncing back and forth and coming to a stall, I decided to take a ten day maintenance break. After nine months, I was just a little tired and going over my calorie limit more often. I'm on day four and not so stressed about every detail. I changed my settings from losing 2 pounds a week (which I wasn't doing anyway) to .5 pounds a week loss, which upped my calories from 1200 to 1590. It's crazy that 390 calories can make such a difference. I'm so much more relaxed, even thought I'm still measuring and weighing my food. I'm eating back half my exercise calories as well. And...I'm down .8 pounds. This is a new low for me.

I did a maintenance break last October and it was so helpful and really jump started my body into losing mode again. I'm 35.2 pounds away from my goal weight and almost 70 pounds down. Just looking at those numbers, I'm almost 66% of the way there! I have a big trip planned in May and I'm hoping to be down another 10 pounds by then.

Taking a maintenance break is a wise thing to do. If you aren't already aware, you might read a little about metabolic adaptation/adaptive thermogenesis. I learned of this a while back. It's not particularly good news, but it explains why we stall out after weeks of successfully losing weight. It's not clear how long it takes for our bodies to get back out of adaptive thermogenesis, but a few weeks can't hurt.

As I said, while not good news, as it means we must be patient and be in it for the long haul, it can still help us avoid feeling defeated at our lack of progress.

The Abstract of this article makes it clear:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3673773/
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    edited February 2022
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.5
    CW 194.5

To add to the yogurt discussion, I’m not a fan. I think it’s a texture issue. But I use Greek yogurt sweetened with stevia in a Hungry Girl yogurt bowl recipe that is really good. The texture is not an issue because it’s mixed up with a bunch of different stuff.
    jb7n9vl82cik.png
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.5
    CW 194.5

To add to the yogurt discussion, I’m not a fan. I think it’s a texture issue. But I use Greek yogurt sweetened with stevia in a Hungry Girl yogurt bowl recipe that is really good. The texture is not an issue because it’s mixed up with a bunch of different stuff.
    jb7n9vl82cik.png
    That looks tasty
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    REMINDER...

Missing the following weigh ins for the week (incl today):
    @jennifersusanmcdougall (2x)
    @leni1us

Report in soon! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2022
    LOADS of green on the spreadsheet this week...GREAT LOSSES you guys!!! AWESOME effort across the board...you act like you know what you're doing or something!!! :wink:
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    2/6 5,278
    2/7 6,585
    2/8 9,804
    2/9 5,748
    2/10 6,304
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Thank you @frankwbrown I'm not surprised. It seems like just when I'd get into the routine, the weight loss would come to a stop. That's about the point I'd always quit.
  • jessicakrall8
    The February Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 13th...this week we spend some time focusing on self-care because there's ONLY ONE YOU!! You can put yourself first and STILL be an AWESOME person!!! Join us, will you?!! See you tomorrow!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10856371/february-week-3-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    @izzyred9400 PLEASE keep us posted...like you said, you're vaxxed and boosted, so I hope it's nothing more than a nuisance!!! Hope you feel better soon!! Praying and sending the best healing vibes your way!!!

@CasandraW I put in a request to excuse you from next week's weigh in...have a good time in Edmonton...I've been there and it's nice! Hope you have decent weather for the trip!!

You guys are simply amazing...lots of losses this week and even the gains are just smidgens and won't amount to a hill of beans! It's obvious everyone is working hard!! WTG! Even my steppers are walking their butts off this week...including myself!! YAY! Each of you take a minute and pat yourself on the back!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

HEY...just posted the link for the new Group Challenge and it's all about self-care...come join us starting tomorrow...would love to see more of you pop in and share your thoughts...what you might think of as "non-important" might JUST BE what someone else needs to see!!! And you'll really like it if you're a BINGO fan...just to make it interesting...should be fun!

Watched Jennifer Lopez's new movie "Marry Me" today...it was really cute...anyone else seen it?! I love Rom Coms. Not a big fan of Owen Wilson, but enjoyed his role as well. Nice to see John Bradley outside of game of thrones...his role was nice too as her Manager. Off to hang up some clothes!

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.