Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    @Mom24_2021 I completely forgot about Ice Cream bars! 🍦 I have to self-isolate after I get my Covid test on Monday for the procedure on Thursday. But I can go tomorrow and see what my Market offers. Thank you for the suggestion! I just couldn't get my head wrapped around that many calories for cake or even a cupcake, and cookies are my nemesis so those were off the list entirely. And it was not just the calories but the ability to stay on track afterwards. I'll let you know what I find 😁
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @Cornanda Way to go on the deep cleaning and decluttering! I am horrible for putting it off, but over the last few months I have got my basement done, my bedroom and closet and I am almost finished with the closets on the main floor. You are so right, it is such a feeling of accomplishment when it’s done so I am very happy for you!

@tammymccrady6278 huge congrats on such a great step!! You’ve got this!!!!

@trooworld what a great idea to pre-track your whole week! Way to stay on plan, it sounds like you have a clear vision of exactly where you’re headed! Good for you

@bgame4 The fact that you took ownership and understood why you are feeling the way you are is a great step in the right direction. Now just turn the page and start tomorrow knowing it is a brand new day and new start

@fushiakat sounds like you have a really solid plan!

Super low-key day for me today. Hung out with both Grandkiddos until lunchtime. We went to my daughter and son-in-law‘s house with the kids and hung out with my grandson for the afternoon while my daughter took my granddaughter to a birthday party (my son-in-law is isolating). I did lots of playing with trucks, pretend skateboarding and reading a few books :-) :-). It was a great day overall
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @trooworld Triscuits are the bomb, I can't have a box of those near me or it's gone! Way to go on pre-logging, that's great for grocery planning!

@Cornanda IT problems never die, they just multiply! I don't know where I got that from, song or movie but it sounds like the Gremlins right? I do that all the time about food, I'm awful at throwing food away or wasting it especially coming from parents who grew up poor but it isn't doing my body any good and could be making my pain/inflammation worse.

@askewcr I love that you're going up on weights at the gym and seeing a difference, hope your storytelling gigs go well! Get it girl!

@FushiaKat There's so many ways you can go with your birthday, you can buy cake slices at stores instead of getting a whole one, get ice cream or a cupcake, try a fruit parfait instead, it's your birthday, if you want to splurge go for it and if not that's fine too! For me sugar is my biggest food trigger for pain so on a daily basis I just have a little coffee creamer but I do usually have cake at my and other family birthdays. Just saw your plan, glad you made one that works best for you.

@laurelfit57 Your grandkids are so adorable! How did they like the farmer's market? That's such a great place to expose them to, great atmosphere and example of mostly healthy and mostly unprocessed foods. Another person going up on weights, woot woot! Sounds like you're getting a lot of awesome grandkid time!

@tammymccrady6278 Congratulations, you're doing awesome!

@bgame4 Are you completely restricting candy? If you are then the "screw it" midset seems to kick in, I'm like you where I feel awful afterward.

@Mom24_2021 Yogurt bars are a great idea, Yasso bars are awesome, I can't remember if it was them or a different brand but there was a really good Salted Caramel one, it might be a low carb ice cream bar that I'm thinking of though.

Hi everyone! My cats want to watch my computer so I have to go, I'm taking gifts to my nephews tomorrow and watching the Superbowl or least halftime, not really a sports person. Have a great Sunday!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    askewcr wrote: »
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight 258.5
    PW:251.5 OOps!
    CW:252 B)

Happy Saturday Everyone!!

• amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    amioc wrote: »
    Thanks you guys for your reply’s and for the encouragement ☺️. That’s a good idea @Cornanda thank you 🙂. I think the main thing I struggle with is I just love junk food and I crave sugar like all the time! When I’m on track I don’t cut it out of my diet but I do eat a lot less that of it. At the moment I just keep giving into my cravings to much 😕

https://secondnature.io/us/guides/nutrition/cant-stop-eating-junk-food

Thank you 😊. Wow that’s shocking! I didn’t realise that was the case! No wonder people find it so hard to stop!!
  • amioc

Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    PW: 146lb
    CW:145
    Not sure how it happened but I’ll take it!

• amioc
    amioc wrote: »
    Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    CW 145
    Not sure how it happened but I’ll take it!

Sorry I didn’t do this one right as I missed out previous weight 😕
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 - Wow! You go girl! You're killing it!

@amioc :)

@trooworld - did you find some nice glasses? That is a great idea about the pretracking! Go you! Also good job resisting the pizza offer!

@bgame4 - We all do things like that even though we know better. It's done, so just get back to your plan and move on. You got this!

@FushiaKat - I didn't think about ice cream bars because they didn't scream BIRTHDAY at me. We have Yasso bars- they are around 100 calories depending on the flavor. And they have yummy cookie flavors. We also have Fat Boy Jr ice cream bars. They are smaller than the normal size, but also around 100 calories, I think- we are currently out so I can't check a box.

@laurelfit57 - I have put off decluttering for years and years and there is SO much to do. However, like losing weight..... you just have to keep chipping away at it. The project I'm dreading the most is getting all the photos organized. A day playing trucks sounds like fun!

@Katmary71 - that does sound like gremlins! Lol, you have to go because your cats want to watch the computer. I hope they don't need an IT person!

A bit rainy this morning, still hoping to get my walk in. Will be doing some more deep cleaning and decluttering today. Got some stuff done in the garage and in my office yesterday and it felt good! Tonight I'll sort of watch the Super Bowl. I am making Skinnytaste lighter hot wings for dinner. I would be more interested in the game if my team made it in- Packers. Aaron Rodgers needs to wake up and get a haircut!

Lisa

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @bgame4 You were faced with unplanned food. It startled you! What would you do differently if you could?

@laurelfit57 Thanks! Well until...PIZZA. :( What a great day you had!

@Katmary71 Yes, I decided I can't have them in the house or I need to pre-package them in smaller baggies. I'm not a sports person either, I'll probably watch the puppy bowl. Enjoy!

@amioc Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda I did, they match the burgundy in my hair! :D Thanks, but pizza happened :(. Enjoy the Superbowl, I'll be watching the puppy bowl lol.

Good morning team. I emotionally ate yesterday, we got that pizza that I had resisted. I could kick myself. But today is a new day and another chance to get it right. I am going with a friend on another hike with the dog rescue and their dogs. It should be fun.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    @trooworld thank you, I'm adopting your pretracking idea! I live in Spain and after 2.5 years i finally get to visit my mum in the Uk next week!! I know what she's like with food!!! I wrote out what im going to eat everyday ... then sent mum a grocery order!! Great idea!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cb24cef7b63965dfa250cdec6a4f0c0a5b5eb8c5&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

We have accomplished great things so far in the month of February! You should be proud of all you've accomplished. You can even see some numbers about those accomplishments in the link below!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

yfw8jlayjnfv.png
  • FushiaKat
    I went shopping for low calorie ice cream bars, I found Yasso bars - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for 100 calories each they are Greek Yogurt bars. There were slim pick' ins for low calorie ice cream bars. I will try one next week. Thank you for the suggestions 😋
  • FushiaKat
    edited February 2022
    @Mom24_2021 , @vegan4lyfe2012 , @gwamajtw91 Congratulations on making it on to the Leaderboard!! Way to go!!
  • laurelfit57
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 146.6
    CW. 143.4
  • laurelfit57
    @katmary lol I’m glad there is a firm understanding in your house that the cats are in charge 🤣

@Cornanda cleaning and decluttering is not my bag either and definitely gets put off. This year I decided that if I can’t get it done in the middle of a pandemic when I am stuck in the house in the winter, I would never get it done! In the last six years I have two sons who have moved in and moved out, there was just a lot of clutter and stuff left all over here. It really is cathartic to get it all straightened out! Funny that you mention your pictures, I have put those off for another year. My sister was the family historian, she inherited all the pictures from my grandparents, had all the pictures from many aunts and uncles (I have no idea why) and many of the pictures from when I was growing up. When she passed away somehow I got six file boxes of pictures, half of the people I don’t even know who they are. Anyway… Now that the rest of my house is decluttered, I can think about doing our pictures maybe next year.
    Those wings you were making for the game sound delicious! I think I am going to have to look at the skinny taste site again, I need some new recipes.

@trooworld emotional eating😒 it sure can have a loud voice! So true, waking up the next morning, we get to start all over again! The dog walk with the dog rescue sounds like so much fun!

@Fushiakat those bars sound delicious and the perfect thing for a birthday!

Super chill day here today. Monday through Saturday, first thing I track is my proteins, I try for about 140 g a day then I add in the rest of my food. On Sunday I just strive to stay within my calories, don’t really care about the protein, I sort of considerate my free day To eat more carbs :-) :-). I have definitely figured out that carbs are not my friend when I am trying to lose weight. Don’t get me wrong, I still get in lots of fruits and veggies, I have my bowl of oatmeal every morning and some other whole grains throughout the day:-).
    Hope everybody had a great day and enjoy the Super Bowl!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Totally blew it at the Super Bowl party tonight. Had chips, dip, hamburger, baked beans, brownie, and water. It was delicious but so wrong of me. :/ There was so much more delicious food there but I stopped right there. They even had ice cream and cake.

But, tomorrow's another day and I will hit that gym in the morning. I did go this morning at 7:30 so I am not beating myself up too bad. I will do better tomorrow.

I'm sipping on a glass of cold water now and am quite satisfied. Let's go get it! B)
  • FushiaKat
    Ugh! My back is killing me so much, so I didn't get in 3000 steps today. Two days ago, I started having a flare. If I never have another flare live would be just grand. I must have tweaked my lower back while sleeping because I don't remember doing anything to injure it. I took 2 pain pills at the same time, and it only took the edge off.

I just realized that tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and I didn't wrap up hub's gifts.

Flares are evil because not only am I in terrible pain, but then I'm battling cravings for Carb's, Sugar and Salt. Do those cravings lessen over time? Lucky for me I don't really have anything in the house that's within easy reach. I didn't even touch the Sugar Free candy today. I know I didn't drink enough water, but I had 2 big glasses of iced tea. It will get better eventually, but I was looking forward to getting stuff done next week.

I did color my hair this morning "Allspice", I've had the color for a while now and decided it would be my get rid of one thing today. I like how it turned out, a darker brown with a touch of red highlights.

I need to remember to be kind to myself. I will just get behind on my housework for a few days, but it's not the end of the world. Today is the day I change the sheets on the bed and vacuum. I did neither of those things. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully I will feel better.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - ooh. Your glasses sound nice. Hope you enjoyed your walk with the pups. The pizza is over, now get back to eating what you pretracked.

Congrats leaderboard peeps!

@laurelfit57 - Nice loss! Yes, it does feels good when you get all the stuff sorted and organized. It is going to take me awhile. I felt the same way regarding the pandemic- why am I not getting this done now when I have all this extra time? I guess because it's not a pleasant task. It is easier to do once you get going on it. My Mom and MIL have both given me many historical family pictures lately, and then I have everything from my own family. Some of it's organized, most is not. MIL gave me photos in big yellow envelopes- there are pix of her from when she was little, my husband's school pix, pix from my wedding, pix of my kids all thrown together randomly. I think she just tossed everything she had in boxes for years. I do not want to do that to my kids. It will be a big project, probably with some scanning involved as well.

@askewcr - superbowl parties are minefields for eating. I know you'll get right back at it.

@FushiaKat - Hope you feel better quickly. The housework can wait.

@fatfifties- Nice loss and congrats on 50 lbs!

I had a bit of binge over the weekend- nibbled whenever I thought about food, finished up the leftover fries I made for the superbowl instead of tossing them. I started keeping track of how many times I think about food and it's startling. Time to get back at it. Pup seems to do a little better, then do a little worse again, so the jury is still out there.

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 189.5
    CW: 190.4
    Month +/-: +3.8
    Total Loss: 74

This discussion has been closed.