I'm working on getting rid of 30 pounds so that I can have my weight loss surgery. Any suggestions?

Water Weight

I'm working on getting rid of 30 pounds so that I can have my weight loss surgery. Any suggestions? 4 votes

Water weight
0% 0 votes
The best EXCERCISE
100% 4 votes

Replies

• HTMTM
    HTMTM Posts: 31 Member
    Log your calories every day. Stay under goal. Exercise a couple times a week alongside (don't overdo it to start if you're not used to it)
  • grltaz
    grltaz Posts: 1,619 Member
    Keto. 20 total carbs a day, moderate protein based on your weight now and fat added to food only for taste or if still truly hungry 20 minutes after eating meal. 2 -3 meals a day and if possible no snacks and whole foods only. No packaged foods except veggies or meats. This works but some people are miserable doing it. If you are not ready to change any thing you try might fail, or might having you feel miserable. Weight control really is a mind game before a numbers game. Best advice ever ? Why ? Why are you wanting the change ? You have to keep this focus and this does it. My why ? My whole family is diabetic, i work as a nurse and have seen people way too young having heart failure, kidney failure and losing limbs. NOT for me ! Prayers you succeed !
  • Jianfei25
    Jianfei25 Posts: 5 Member
    There are a lot of benefits to exercise , but weight loss is not one of them. Try Intermittent Fasting. Reduce your insulin and lose weight. Read Jason Fung’s book Obesity Code.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Track your food and set a reasonable calorie goal that you can stick to without starving. Start with small sustainable changes. Same with exercise. If you haven't done much, then start with a 10 minute slow walk and gradually build up. You can do several 10 minute walks during the day. And talk to your doctor or a nutritionist about what to eat.
    good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!