What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    at lunch, did 15 sets of 30/90 sprints on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). Did manage to push up to 750 Watts on the Assault Bike but only for around 10 seconds at a time.

15 rounds? Whew, that will make you sweat! And 750w for 10 seconds is no joke.

I usually only do 4-5 rounds and that's enough, lol.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Did my Elliptical today for 280 minutes for 18.14 miles and 2 hours later had a nail appointment. While getting that done my legs started to ache and throb. So I asked if this one girl had time for a pedicure afterwards. She did and with the massage and hot stone massage the achiness was gone. It was a great treat!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Super easy stuff today. Did 50 minutes of LateralX (for 30) and then AD Pro for 20. Honestly didn't break a sweat, intentionally. Just wanted to move a bit and keep the hips moving.

Chiropractor thinks I have pelvic torsion, which makes sense. Didn't feel like a herniated disc -- I've had those too. Likely from my legs being so uneven in strength. Right leg, due to the bad knee, is literally around half strength. So when I push off with the legs on the rower, I tend to be very unbalanced. Just something will happen from time to time until I either get expensive injections or, more likely, the knee replaced.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Egads... I'm super sore from Monday's foray into increased strength training (and yesterday's marathon standing fest that is my job). Anyhoo... I almost skipped today entirely because everything hurts, but thought that maybe some movement and increased circulation might move out some of that lactic acid. So, an easy 45 min. on the elliptical at Zone 2 for me today. I'm glad I did it. It felt good to move. I'm still sore, but at least I don't feel so stiff now.
  • Djproulx
    Gym day. Foam rolling, warmups, etc, then two twenty minute circuits, repeating 4 movements in each 20 min round: First round: split squats w/dumbells, pushups, sled push/pull return, mtn climbers. Second round: TRX pullups from seated position, KB deads, rope slams, dynamax crunches (lying on back, feet in deadbug position, placing DM ball on shins, then removing it and holding overhead while reclining to the ground w/ball overhead, then replacing ball on shins= 1rep)

Hour ride on Zwift with tri club friends set for tonight. This will probably be a high intensity effort.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Just ran an hour. Longest run in a very long time. Not furthest (it wasn't far) but longest. Nearly threw up afterwards. Lets be honest, I had food poisoning earlier this week. So...
  • MikePfirrman
    An hour of cardio today again but pushed (just a bit) harder than yesterday. 40 minutes on the Assault Bike (around low 150s Watt Avg) and then 20 on the LateralX, keeping HR under 65% max on that.

Missing my patio workouts on the rower as it was 72 and sunny today at lunch. Just gorgeous outside. I only have around 3 to 4 months left outside before I have to move it to the garage for the hot Summer months (next to the Swamp Cooler).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Kind of in a mood today, thought about skipping working out (which I did, yesterday). Instead, did double the usual length stationary bike, 22,236 pseudo-meters, albeit very easy, just barely slipped into the low end Z3 for 3'-ish. Later in the evening, 47' dumbbell supersets.
  • Djproulx
    Joined my tri club pals for a group ride on Zwift last night. Did some decent climbing, gaining 1600ft in only 17.2 miles. The group chatter using the Discord app helped distract us from the suffering.

Today I decided that my break from the pool was over. Did an easy paced swim, since I'm really not in any kind of swim shape. 1500 yards total.

Gym session and trail run planned for tomorrow.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited February 2022
    Back feeling not 100% but better. Did lighter supersets this morning (really light on the lifts for the legs -- 52 lb KB deadlifts and step ups onto my Plyo Box) followed by a 12 X 2 minutes/3 minute light pedaling hour workout on the AD Pro at lunch.

Played games with the HR trying to beat or meet the last round. First one was 80% max and worked up to 91% max on last one. Had a nice consistent ladder going up until the 10th one -- I hit 90% on 3 or 4 and went back down to 89% on the 10th because I was a bit gassed and muscle fatigue. Recovered and hit 90% and 91% on 11th and 12th. Held around 290 to 300+ Watts for most of the intervals. Not sure exactly because the AD Pro doesn't do great at storing longer interval averages (it only goes up to 99 second intervals and doesn't separate interval work from rest work in the averages).

Around 900 calories on the hour.

Oh, and Who-Dey! (I'm a life long suffering Bengals fan that's finally got to see them in the SuperBowl again after a 36 year absence!).
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    45 min on the elliptical at an easy Zone 2 pace.

Repeated Monday's strength training workout. I don't feel quite so "jelly legged" afterward. Hopefully that means that I won't be as sore tomorrow. The body's ability to adapt is mind boggling to me. :smiley:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    2 separate sets of 2 x (2k on, 2' off) on the rowing machine, for a total of 9,120 meters including row in/out and CD. Going for a SS pace that felt good in the moment, ended up 2:26.3 on the first set, 2:31.2 on the second, both 20 spm. Majority was Z3 for both, a bit of Z4 on the first set. I think mostly-Z3 may be my SS happy place, sustainable and technically useful at durations that work well for me.
  • yirara
    Walked in some nearby mountainous (well, highland) area. Found out I'm fairly fit as I walked 11km in just over two hours, including 350m of elevation gain. It's not a lot of elevation, but it was something for lil'me who can't get up inclines at all normally. Good one! Did two more shorter walks of 1 and 2km to local sights.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did 90 minutes of super easy cardio with the first 45 on the rower. Super light DF and real easy strokes, just seeing how it went and making sure no pain. Went well.
  • Singingbanshee
    Singingbanshee Posts: 25 Member
    25 minutes of Pilates
  • yirara
    Super sore muscles and strong wind outside. Still went on a small run. Which I maybe should not have done. But anyway, got a bit of fresh air today :)