What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Elliptical, 200 minutes for 13.19 miles.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Garmin running coach, 10k. Had 15 mins warm-up, 10 stride repeats, 15 minutes cooldown on the table. It was very windy outside, and I managed the warmup, actually quite nice short intervals, and then another 6 minutes cooldown (and then I was in front of my home). Nice one. Considering I ran with very sore muscles from a hill walk (down).
  • yirara
    Went a bit crazy. Long-ish hike on Saturday, stride repeat runs yesterday, an today I did a very slow 5km run. I wanted to see how long I could run with a slow breathing rhythm, and how fast I'd run. Now I know :D
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    45 min. elliptical at zone 2. Then my mini strength training (pushups, rows, squats, bridges, abs).

I added a small amount of weight to the squats. I increased reps on the rows. Then, just to try something new, I tried a reverse pyramid round of sets with the push-ups using various furniture heights for my incline. The first set (lowest incline) was comically hard and involved only 1-2 reps (My form wasn't great, so I'm not really sure how to count these. haha) . The other two sets were ok. As always, we'll see how my joints feel tomorrow. The experiment continues....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2022
    Rest day...but depending on when I can get out of the office I might go for an early evening walk...gorgeous out this afternoon. Mondays are usually way more chaotic than today has been, so I have some hope to get out of here and home before dark.
  • KyleDavid0313
    KyleDavid0313 Posts: 7 Member
    45 minute spin class on the Echelon App
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did a steady state 45 minute (9K) row today at lunch. Not too hard, light and easy, with pace just a bit harder than yesterday. Feeling gradually better and better with the back. Seems my initial take was correct -- this is a few adjustment thing at the chiropractor versus something wrong longer term.

Kind of weirdly scary how when you get older your intuition gets better about which injuries will take you out and for how long :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    5 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), for a total of 11,289m at moderate pace (2:33-2:34 split, 19spm, all but 4" Z3 or below (48' entirely Z3)).
    Did a steady state 45 minute (9K) row today at lunch. Not too hard, light and easy, with pace just a bit harder than yesterday. Feeling gradually better and better with the back. Seems my initial take was correct -- this is a few adjustment thing at the chiropractor versus something wrong longer term.

Kind of weirdly scary how when you get older your intuition gets better about which injuries will take you out and for how long :D

Isn't that the truth? Ideally, one's intuition gets better about how to avoid and resolve those injuries, too, but . . . ! Hope all is smooth from here for you, @MikePfirrman.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited February 2022
    My logging has been weak, although I've been active.

I went caving this weekend. There were two incidents of note. On Saturday, one lad had a bit too much to drink. Apparently, he vomited on his bunk, went out of the fire exit and fell to earth from the first floor. (He was fine.)

I was tired, so I slept through it all. Fitbit tells me I got 9 hours uninterrupted sleep. (The hut has bunks, which house 18 people, so I was in the same room as all this.)

Also on Saturday, I took a wrong turning coming out of the cave. I ended up in truly tiny tunnel where eventually I think I would have needed to dislocate my shoulder to move on. Fortunately I was able to reverse out and found the main path, and caught up with others.

I went climbing yesterday. I was in average form. I got one new route, involving a lot of mantling, balance and pistols. It was fun - it took me a good 25 minutes to get this route.
  • MikePfirrman
    @ Matt -- glad you're OK, that honestly sounds scary as hell to me!

@AnnPT77 -- you're one of my inspirations on here for what's possible as you age. Thanks for your well wishes. Seem to be on the mend.

Today, I decided to go with my "normal" pushing it a bit harder Tuesday. Got out the rower on the deck and set it up for 2K intervals. If I was feeling 100%, I'd do 4 of them, but after 2 1/2 (2:07 something pace), I went inside and did another 4 minutes and an 8 minute interval on the Assault Bike. So sort of like 4 X 8 minutes with one split in half! Was doing five minute rests.

Got a lighter superset in this AM as well. Did do light deadlifts for the first time in two weeks as well. Feel OK, knock on wood.

Roughly 850 to 900 calories on the hour.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Did 301 minutes on my Elliptical today. With getting so close, I just had to make the next mile mark, 20.02 miles! Needed it after I ate some carbs yesterday that I shouldn't have and weren't that great and felt mentally horrible after I did.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    22,080m stationary bike, as 2 x (10k on, 3' easy) with an ultra-brief stretch break between, super stupid-easy, Z2 and below. Did a lot of running around today, got to the workout late (after 9PM) without having had dinner yet, and kind of ran out of steam on the 2nd piece especially.

Followed that with 51' dumbbell supersets.

Now it's 1:05AM, and I'm just finishing eating dinner. 🙄 Have I lost all semblance of responsible adulthood, in retirement, in Winter? 🙄
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Did 301 minutes on my Elliptical today. With getting so close, I just had to make the next mile mark, 20.02 miles! Needed it after I ate some carbs yesterday that I shouldn't have and weren't that great and felt mentally horrible after I did.

After 5 hours cardio, I would personally take the view that I could eat pretty much anything and still be in a deficit. Well done, that is a mammoth session.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Rucking today. We have a fun spring break road trip coming up at the end of March that's going to involve a fair amount of non-strenuous hiking in terms of total elevation gain and terrain, but good distances and we'll need to carry a day pack on most of them, so I'm going to ruck a couple times per week and get the family out on weekends to do some hiking in the foothills so nobody is complaining (kids) on our trip that it's too hard.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Been sidelined a bit the past few days. Tried to come back too soon after a calf strain and quickly learned that running was a "no go". I'm able to do gym work without stressing the hamstring/calf, but any running or hiking will have to wait. Hope to at least resume some easy cycling this week.
  • yirara
    Nothing. It's storming, and it will likely continue storming for the rest of the week.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,664 Member
    edited February 2022
    1 hour moving and stacking firewood. It's warm-ish here today (in the 40s), but we're expecting high winds and rain, and dropping temperatures. 7°F expected by tomorrow night
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    edited February 2022
    Just the elliptical today, as it is a strength training rest day. I did 45 min., evenly split between Zone 2 and 3.

My upper body is sore from Monday's increase in pushup intensity, but my shoulder joint feels ok (yay!). My lower body didn't seem to notice that I added weight to Monday's squats. So, I guess I add more on Friday? Crazy!
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Today's a rest day. Been pretty active this week and weekend. Highlights - Half Marathon over the weekend, boot camp, badminton..
  • MikePfirrman
    I know I'm a wimp but moved the cardio inside today. It was 42 and rainy. It's weird living in AZ, I'd rather row at 94 than at 42 outside (last Summer I had one session in the garage at 98 and did intervals!). Did 50 minutes of AD Pro -- pretty easy though my HRM was wonky. Took 3 tries of resetting it before it actually wasn't reading super high.

Right at the end (my AD Pro faces a wash -- an area in the West they designate for heavy rain runoff), looked out the window and thought I saw a stray dog. It was a huge bobcat trotting through the neighborhood. Was going so fast I couldn't get a picture. I've seen them on the golf courses a lot here but not in our neighborhood. But they blend in really well with the tall brush and desert landscape.