Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    I'm still chugging along making the best of every day. Glad to be on this side of the dirt as my mom would say.

Honey was super sweet on Valentine's Day. Hope everyone had a great one. <3

I went to tutor one of my students at her school this morning and she wasn't there. Praying all is well with her. Luckily for me I took my clothes for the gym so I went on. It was good and I finally got back on the elliptical. I will include that in my daily routine now.

Have a great day everyone and let's go get it! B)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so glad to hear Joe is doing better since the hospital, you both are in my prayers. Take good care of yourself.

@Cornanda Hugs my friend, I hope you're able to reevaluate and figure this out.

I'm behind but wanted to at least drop in. I had my youngest nephew's band concert yesterday so I went to that and got home late then my older nephew had a setback and didn't go to school and was having a panic attack so I rushed over, I was 10 minutes into a workout and pulled my jeans over my workout clothes and headed out. My Mom took over for noontime. I told the holistic pain group I'd be by to drop off something they left in my car moving and bought my curcumin supplement and brought home the wrong one so I had to go back. I took the two that just moved in together a pot of herbs too so I had to get that together. SO I finished my workout and talked to a friend and now I'm in bed with my computer totally exhausted. I'm still having hormone issues switching back to the pill, you'd think after 16 days my body would realize what's going on, if it keeps up I'll have to go back and just get Depo again I guess. It was too cold for me (legs seize up when I'm cold) to have ice cream with everyone last night so aside of the Superbowl I've done great this month, of course I haven't lost anything though!

Oh, the German gardening technique is Huglekulture, you do it in raised beds and put wood at the bottom, then leaves, then grass and potting soil or dirt then your plants. I can't do raised beds so I'm just doing a huglekulture compost pile on a flat area on the hill but I can't be in this much pain to do it because I can barely feel my feet and trip easily. Happy Thursday you amazing awesome people, have a great one!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Pickles!! Has anybody ever read the calories on the label for pickles? Every jar I've bought say's like Zero Calories for 1 - 3 pickles. So, when I'm struggling, and I'm sure you've been right there with me in the kitchen opening every cupboard looking for something, anything at all that won't derail me, I eat pickles. I don't for one second believe they are zero calories because they are cucumbers that have been pickled. But the label say's Zero calories so they can't be too bad for me. I bought some tiny dill spiced pickles with garlic and hot peppers, they are delicious! Is there some calorie removing magic at work here? I always keep a jar in the fridge, for emergencies. I only eat the 1 serving and then my craving's go away. The trick is to stop at one serving, put them back in the fridge and save them for another day. Lol, I ate pickles yesterday.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @FushiaKat - not sure exactly when it is, but Happy Birthday!

@TeresaW1020 - Glad to hear Joe feels better. Hope the port goes well. Still praying for you both.

I'm in a bad place today people. Letting worries affect my food behavior. Another binge yesterday. My weight is up 5 pounds this week! Sometimes when I'm feeling down, I will also pile on other things I'm doing "wrong". I realized that I've never fully gotten back on track after the holidays. Partially but not fully. Been making excuses for myself. So, today, I will try to get my head in a better place and get this train back on the right track. A long walk, a bit of rest and some journaling is the plan.
    Lisa

I’m sorry your in a bad place @Cornanda 🙁. I’ve been feeling the exact same way since December 😢. It’s ever so hard to pull yourself out of it. If you ever want a chat feel free to message me.
    Like you I haven’t got back on track with eating since December 🙁 if you figure a way out of this
    please let me know
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, yeah it happens and we just have to move on without dwelling on the gain too much. I'm trying to focus on small goals...more water, more veggies, less "pointy" foods. I hope Joe's first session goes well. Hang in there.

@askewcr I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day. Congrats on making it to the gym.

@Katmary71 Your poor nephew, I'm glad he has you guys to help. I'm sorry you are in pain.

Hi all. I woke up very stiff and my back hurts a bit. My body will eventually wake up and warm up and be fine but it's painful until then. Yesterday at work was kind of a cr@p show. I was busy all day and there was an urgent project that came up 45 minutes before I had to clock out for the day, I ended up finishing the project but leaving my office a mess which is something I never do. I did really well yesterday eating-wise.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    edited February 2022
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 136.0
    CW: 135.3

Like many, I too dropped the ball at holidays, followed by my January pity-party for missing to improve in a year, and THEN I decided to act like an adult😁. So, from February 1st I’ve been doing something physical 6 days a week (easy stuff but anything beats the zero from before) … and my scale shot up about 4lb. I also decided to do this for 3 months, regardless of the scale readings.
    This week I dropped some water weight, no biggie, my eyes are on May 1st. Date has no meaning but I have to untangle myself from instant results expectations and 3 months sounded reasonable.
    Biggest improvement so far, it seems that I’m grumbling less when I start exercising. Really- my next decision might be about the inner toddler 😁.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 1/19: 226.7

Check in weight (2/2/2022): 225.2
    Check in weight (2/9/2022):225.0
    Check in weight (2/16/2022): 228.0
    Check in weight (2/23/2022):

UGH water weight is such a thing. Good news is, I got all 3 of my knee injections now! I can start doing some meaningful movement. I also got a weighted hula hoop! I have no idea how to use it lol :smiley:

I will be practicing in the meantime. It's snowing her in New Mexico today. So pretty!
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    lose4me71
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW 299.9
    CW 299.9
    I'm stuck an it's depressing
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @trooworld sorry to hear about your back and stiffness! Sounds like a crazy day at work, but super glad you were able to stay on track with your eating!

@GabiV125 good for you! Being active every day is so important, no matter what it is. I

@teresaW1020 glad to hear that the port went well, sorry he is in pain and feeling weak but with any luck that will pass. I have no doubt that your diet is on and off, in stressful times it is great to be able to work out, but too often there’s just never time. Please do take good care of yourself♥️

@askewcr good use of found time! It’s nice to be able to get in a work out!

I was able to stay on track with both my food and exercise today. Concentrating on just this day in front of me seems to be working :-).
    I am so exhausted tonight I could fall asleep while sitting here trying to do this post. Talk to you all tomorrow
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @FushiaKat If I remember correctly if it's under 10 calories they can say zero calories but I may be wrong.

@amioc Is there anything we can do to help you? Maybe some kind of group activity would help everyone if you have any ideas? @Cornanda ?

@trooworld You sound busy with work, hang in there my friend! Hope you were able to loosen up a bit, waking up stinks!

@GabiV125 Sounds like a good plan with 3 months, are you starting to like exercise? It's the best part of my day to be honest, wouldn't have thought I'd be saying that a few years ago.

@leonadixon Let us know how the hula hoop goes, I was checking those out a few years ago! Is your knee feeling better now? I hope so!

@laurelfit57 Way to go on staying on track, sweet dreams!

Hey gang! My nephew made it to school but I woke up and worked out early in case he didn't, was pretty worn out so I've had a real mellow day. Everything I order from Amazon has been screwy as far as clothes so I've made two returns in two days which is annoying. Workout was good, ate well, have Asher curled up purring next to me, life is good. I'm off to finish my cozy mystery, night everyone have an amazing Friday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 169.5
    CW: 171

+1.5
  • Cornanda
    Hi. I'm trying my best to "Just keep swimming" I could definitely sink into an abyss of negativity right now, but I'm working hard to keep my head above water. And as @askewcr said, I'm on the right side of the dirt.

My dog is dying. Will miss him so much. However, my kids came home to see him, so I got some extra hugs and family time and I'm really grateful for that. My Mom is getting dementia and I've been having some conversations with my Dad about planning her future care. I'm glad to help, but sometimes it's a bit tricky to navigate, and of course it hurts to think about Mom with her memory gone and Dad trying to manage this.

@FushiaKat - I bought a jar of pickles yesterday!

@TeresaW1020 - I said extra prayers for the chemo yesterday and today. Hope Joe is doing OK. And hope you are too.

I'm sorry if I missed responding to some posts. My mind is sort of scattered. I've been trying to take good care of myself. Taking long walks and trying to rest. I reached out to an old friend last night and we had a great video chat. Thank you all for the support and encouragement. I appreciate it very much.

Lisa
  • Mom24_2021
    Mom24_2021 Posts: 42 Member
    Username: Mom24_2021
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 203.8
    CW:200.8

Good morning, beautiful people! Big Happy Birthday to @FushiaKat !!! 🥳🥳🎉

@TeresaW1020 Im happy to hear everything went well and I hope you had a good lunch. I will be keeping your family in my prayers. ❤️🙏

@trooworld I understand your feelings. It took me so long to actually get a scale because every single time I see a number I don’t like I get discouraged, sometimes I even binge eat but just know that the scale is only part of the equation. As long as you’re showing up, you’re doing great! Just know you have so much support here and we want to see you succeed. Don’t let this get you down, you’re Wonder Woman, I know you’ve got this. 🤗

@laurelfit57 I think your idea of walking the shops is a phenomenal Idea! We live in Maine and it gets pretty icy. I don’t frequently have time for walks but I have a step stool I’ll do my steps on, and if all else fails I’ll walk circles around my house. Haha. Whatever gets it done. :)

My husband is off to work and I have 4 little munchkins that require my attention. I will try to get in later and respond to more. I do read them, just have trouble getting to responding
  • Cornanda
    Oh boy! I forgot the most important thing! Since many of us are feeling off track- @Katmary71 asked if we could do something to support each other.

I really like the idea of one day at a time (thanks @laurelfit57) or a short term goal like @GabiV125 is doing. Can we so something with that? Maybe add something to our posts?

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @GabiV125 Yes, anything beats zero...do you remember when someone posted an article about "No Zero Days"? Here an article on it if anyone that missed it wants to read it: https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/ I love that you are giving results 3 months to show up. Smart idea. WTG! And congrats on the loss!

@leonadixon It really is. I'm glad you got your knee injections. Hula hooping sounds like a fun activity. Let us know how it goes! Snow in NM? Enjoy!

@lose4me71 That stinks. Can you make a small change that might make a difference? Like, for instance, drink more water? Cut 500 cals per day from your intake?

@laurelfit57 Thank you! My bak is getting like this more and more when I wake up...old age is for the birds! LOL Congrats on a great day.

@Katmary71 Thanks. Luckily my days working from home are less busy. Waking up does stink! I'm glad your nephew made it to school. Enjoy your book!

@Cornanda Oh gosh, Lisa, I am so very sorry you are losing your precious pup. It's so hard to say goodbye to them. And on top of that, your mom's health too? Hugs, friend.

Hi all. Yesterday was less busy and I got recognized by our director for the rush project I did so that was nice. He doesn't usually recognize my hard work, which can be very frustrating. I made a Buddha Bowl for dinner last night. What's that you ask? It's packed full of veggies. It was pretty good. Here's the recipe, in case anyone wants it: https://www.loveandlemons.com/buddha-bowl-recipe/

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW: 219.5
    CW: 219.3
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@Katmary71 How old is your nephew who is having panic attacks? Is he getting help from a doctor or therapist? My daughter, who passed away four years ago, started her long downward spiral with panic attacks that started when she was 17. NOT saying that kind of life is in the cards for your sweet nephew! I just worry whenever I hear about kids struggling like that. I am really praying for him and thankful that he has you. :)

@FushiaKat It’s very true that pickles are zero or super low calorie and a great way of managing cravings. Especially sweet cravings! Also, pickle juice is a fantastic electrolyte. Sooo pickle on!! :grin:

@amioc Sorry that you are also struggling to get back on track. It’s time that all of us who are struggling get our mojo back. We can do it! <3

@leonadixon Yeah water weight is a real thing and I have read that one way to get rid of it is to actually drink more water. I have been hearing about those weighted hula hoops so please let us know how you like it. Once you figure out how to use it! :grin:

@lose4me71 I know it’s depressing to be stuck. You just need to keep pushing through and not give up on yourself. Join the challenge below. ;)

@Cornanda I am so very sorry that you are losing your dog. They are members of our family and the grief and pain you are going through is so hard. I’m glad that your kids were able to come. I’m very sorry about your mom and how hard it is for your dad and for you to be going through this. I don’t know if my Joe is actually starting early stages of dementia or it’s just his age and cancer, but he is not the same and it’s tough. But we all need to learn to live with what we are dealt and trust that God will give us the ability to handle what comes. You are in my prayers. <3 Now go read my post about our new challenge that you inspired me to do. :)

@trooworld That is great that your director recognized your hard work on that rushed project. I think for us who do our jobs very well it is something that can be taken for granted and it’s not that our bosses don’t appreciate it but they just don’t think about how we need those words of affirmation from time to time. AND by the way, you are an awesome motivator and I am very thankful for you! :)

Good morning, Team! I am sitting here filled with thankfulness that my Joe’s first chemo appointment went awesome! It only took about three hours, and he hasn’t had any symptoms other than being a little extra tired. There could be delayed symptoms, so we aren’t in the clear but it sure is better than what I had planned for. Thank you, Lord!! 😊

AND now onto the main focus of this group and that is our weight loss and health journey. So many of us are struggling and for some very good reasons. However, even with our reasons, it’s not doing us any favors to stop taking care of ourselves. So, it’s time for some Spring cleaning! Not for our homes, although mine sure could use it, but for our bodies and minds. We have 30 days until the first day of Spring, March 20th.

Starting today (or whenever you read this), choose what you are committing to and make a plan that you will come here every day and check in with us. Even if you don’t post a single thing other than your daily check-in, do that! Let’s support and encourage each other and get our mindset where it needs to be and our bodies will follow! Are you with me? :grin:

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Weigh every day
    2) NO sugar or snacking between meals
    3) 30 minutes of exercise or physical activity
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL

xja2hklfmwu8.jpg

• amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    PW: 145
    CW:144.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @Cornanda – Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I am so sorry about your fur-baby. I’m sure he can feel all the love from you and your family and that he’s not going through it alone. As for your mom, I totally understand that. My mom’s dementia has slowed down, thankfully. Might be because of the medication the neurologist put her on (Donepezil). Is your mom taking anything that can help slow the progression?

@trooworld – I remember that “No Zero Days” article. I need to be living that mantra! I actually am going to change my 2022 mantra to that. Anyway, so glad your boss recognized your efforts. It really does make a difference. And I love Buddha bowls! So easy to use whatever flavors I’m in the mood for ;)

@TeresaW1020 – I’m so sorry about your daughter. Glad to know that Joe is doing good with the chemo. Hang in there! You’re doing a fantastic job juggling everything!

It’s been pretty busy around here the past couple days, so I haven’t been making the best food choices. I’m going to get back into the swing of things this weekend. I’m going to do what I used to do that set me up for success each week: on Sundays I cook a pound of beans, 4 cups of a grain, and I make a batch of tofu mayo and tofu sour cream. That way, I can add veggies or whatever else I’m in the mood for to create a healthy, delicious dinner when I get home from work and I’m too tired to spend time in the kitchen.

OK. Taking @TeresaW1020’s challenge to heart, I think my Spring Challenge commitment needs to only be one thing so I don’t overdo it and get mad at myself if I can’t keep up with it all. So, after much consideration, my commitment for the next 30 days will be no soda. I drink entirely too much…spend too much money on it…and when I drink it, it makes me want snacks. Lord knows I’ve got too many tea options (hot & cold) plus I love water (drink about 100oz/day already), so there it is. I even keep a box of plain black tea bags at work and brew ice tea sometimes, so there is no excuse. I’m looking forward to seeing what other choose as their challenge commitment!

2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 259
    CW: 259
This discussion has been closed.