New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    I've been on a protein craze for the past few weeks looking for good bars and found Quest Bars. I bought "Cookies and Cream" and "Double Chocolate Chunk". They are terrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt and I can never digest more than half a bar in one sitting, I have found them to be more palatable when cold although that means they are harsh on your teeth. . But despite all that, they are really good for you, as well as a good (albeit terrible-tasting) hearty snack on the go.
    However, I'm interested in trying Quest Protein chips and I bought some BBQ flavored chips that I'm still waiting in the mail for. Fingers crossed, they taste better than bars and also better than Protein Bites. I order a lot of products here https://sirinsoftware.com/

Try Built bars. I do not enjoy the Quest bars because they are too chewy. I feel like Built bars are more of a soft texture. I enjoy the Built Puffs even more (marshmallow inside). Most GNC stores carry single bars if you just want to try one before buying a whole box.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    0fko204xsx8m.jpg

There used to be a salad kit (I think from Eat Smart) that had bean bacon bits in it. They were yummy and I was so bummed when they stopped making it.

I'll have to look for these!

I got them at Homegoods!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Very good!

pj8k432zynyw.jpg
    baetrm7oehbt.jpg
    68y9jd3drp4d.jpg

9ii1k0wuk41p.jpg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    ynlywogb76lc.jpeg

Had these olives for the first time a few days ago. Really yummy! Not like any other olive I’ve had so far. Very firm texture and interesting flavor, kinda hard to describe.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Very good!

pj8k432zynyw.jpg
    baetrm7oehbt.jpg
    68y9jd3drp4d.jpg

9ii1k0wuk41p.jpg

Those look good. I loveee meatless crumbles. I’ve had that queso before but wasn’t a big fan it was too boldly cheesy for my taste and overpowered everything. Good just to use a very tiny bit because it was so flavorful!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    ynlywogb76lc.jpeg

Had these olives for the first time a few days ago. Really yummy! Not like any other olive I’ve had so far. Very firm texture and interesting flavor, kinda hard to describe.

I’m obsessed with olives lately. I’ve been putting them on everything and adding them to strange things like turkey wraps and just egg scrambles lol.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    ynlywogb76lc.jpeg

What was the price like on these? I love olives and trying different brands, but I also hate spending a lot of money on them lol.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    What was the price like on these? I love olives and trying different brands, but I also hate spending a lot of money on them lol.

To be honest, my mother-in-law bought them so I’m not sure what she paid. Maybe around $8? That’s the average price of the olives at the store these came from. But I don’t know. I’ll look next time I go!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    f0lpeh7w4qgy.jpeg

Sorry about the messed-up bag lol, but for those of you with access to Trader Joes, these are DELICIOUS. Basically Fritos with a yummy elote flavor, not too spicy (and I’m a spice weenie).
  • gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 57 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 where are you, I need my fix of new things you've found!!! Not that I can ever get the stuff here in Australia, but I like to know what I'm missing out on :D
  • Noreenmarie1234
    gutzbgon wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 where are you, I need my fix of new things you've found!!! Not that I can ever get the stuff here in Australia, but I like to know what I'm missing out on :D

New York! Man that stinks you can’t get anything from the states. You need to visit and just go on a food buying trip 😅.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2022
    Tried this. The “broccoli” was pretty pitiful but I could 9sj3aoxftnit.jpeg
    get the taste in some bites. Could have just added some of my own frozen broccoli but wanted to try it as is.

Whole box is 920 calories and big serving size but not very filling. I ate the whole bowl minus a few bites my boyfriend tried and wasn’t full at all.

Flavor was pretty good and very creamy. Light cheddar flavor. Added some buffalo sauce and was perfect! q8sy1bj3cnjo.jpeg
    p2m05rf3czqg.jpeg
    t6taqnb8tl5c.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I've been on a protein craze for the past few weeks looking for good bars and found Quest Bars. I bought "Cookies and Cream" and "Double Chocolate Chunk". They are terrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt and I can never digest more than half a bar in one sitting, I have found them to be more palatable when cold although that means they are harsh on your teeth. . But despite all that, they are really good for you, as well as a good (albeit terrible-tasting) hearty snack on the go.
    However, I'm interested in trying Quest Protein chips and I bought some BBQ flavored chips that I'm still waiting in the mail for. Fingers crossed, they taste better than bars and also better than Protein Bites. I order a lot of products here https://sirinsoftware.com/

Do you like tacos? Try the loaded taco flavored quest chips.

Trust me.

Yes, agreed! They’re really good! I like all of their Doritos knock-offs.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Tried this. The “broccoli” was pretty pitiful but I could get the taste in some bites. Could have just added some of my own frozen broccoli but wanted to try it as is.

Whole box is 920 calories and big serving size but not very filling. I ate the whole bowl minus a few bites my boyfriend tried and wasn’t full at all.

Flavor was pretty good and very creamy. Light cheddar flavor. Added some buffalo sauce and was perfect!

We eat the delux Annie’s (the non-vegan kind) on the regular in my house. It’s soooooooo good!

• Noreenmarie1234
    i3a468eptlnk.jpeg
    Vegan rx bars
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    hmjeoc2sue7h.jpeg

i3hfhf4lc3mo.jpeg

xykhvy79q308.jpeg

dahc9ja7jxyo.jpeg

I am a walking corpse today and also recently got back on counting calories, so while I was at the Vitamin Shoppe getting a couple things, I picked up an energy drink and a snack because I still have a LOT of day left to get through.

The snack bar was meh. Didn’t taste like cookie dough and was very hard, but it’s going to keep me going a couple more hours till dinner.

The energy drink is also meh. Not bad, but not great. Has that ‘natural caffeine’ aftertaste and is VERY sweet. I think it needs to be a bit more tart for balance, I might not be able to finish it. But again, fake energy and not a load of BS ingredients.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Tried this. The “broccoli” was pretty pitiful but I could get the taste in some bites. Could have just added some of my own frozen broccoli but wanted to try it as is.

Flavor was pretty good and very creamy. Light cheddar flavor. Added some buffalo sauce and was perfect!

We eat the delux Annie’s (the non-vegan kind) on the regular in my house. It’s soooooooo good!

amazon has 20% off annies sale now https://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/annie-s-shells-white-cheddar-macaroni/A3IAUTMT5NPQPQ big packs though so not sure if any good of a sale but thought I'd share.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2022
    Want to try this. (not my pic)

bns8hd0gq3jy.png
    m8y6a23pkod8.png

and....
    j99blda1veer.png

Anyone ever have either?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Can’t believe I tried these two things but was doing a gas station challenge with a friend lol. Long story but was trying to find gas station fast food without dairy.

Only 250 calories for whole thing of nuggets and fries. The nuggets weren’t that bad. Fries weren’t great but not bad. Reminded me of elementary school Lunch fries that I got like one time.

I couldn’t believe this giant frosted honey bun was dairy free. I used to get these as a kid when I was like 8 from the local penny store. It was surprisingly good for being pre packaged donut. w36npesohxt6.jpeg
    wnz3dm2d1m6x.jpeg
  • rwarren1969
    rwarren1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Gingerbread Oreos. Apparently this was a Christmas thing, but i only discovered them in a bargain cart a few days ago. And now they're sold out. AAAAAA 🍪