Women 200lb+, Let's Be Fierce This February!!!

Replies

• lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 226.4 (2/1/2022)

GW for February: 221
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

2/5: 226.2 (but saw 225 yesterday!)
    2/12: 222.8
    2/19: 225.0
    2/26:

Well, today's weigh in sucked, but I know I didn't go 7000 calories over my goal, so I am attributing it to extra sodium, stress, and not enough water yesterday. Not gonna lie though, I really didn't want to post my weight today. Work is going to continue to be super crazy and stressful for the next couple weeks, so I considered bumping up to maintenance. But then I thought harder and realized I wasn't really hungry, I just wanted the excuse to snack more in response the stress. So I am keeping my deficit and will be working on other, healthier, ways to deal with stress. If I can make it through the rest of my busy season staying on track, I KNOW that I can do this for the long haul. I just have to ignore my scale numbers for awhile 😉

Goals for February:
    - Meet protein goal at least 3x weekly ✔️ 4 of 7
    - Meet fiber goal at least 3x weekly ✔ 4 of 7
    - Eat out no more than 1x per week ✔ Ate out 1 time last week.
    - Get minimum of 6000 steps daily ❌ 5 out of 7
    - Drink minimum of 8 glasses water daily ✔️

Goals for 2022:
    - Incorporate weight training and work on improving my muscle definition: 0 out of 2 days planned
    - Reach my goal weight and move into maintenance: With my slow down, looks like this will be cutting it close. Forecasting sometime in Dec
    - Plan for and make self care a priority at least quarterly (massage, mani/pedi, etc) : Need to schedule it sometime this month
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    So question- as you lose weight, the alloted calories go down right? Unless you do a lot of exercise. It may seem silly, but the thought of 'less food' daily kinda scares me. But keeping track is a good thing, so just have to get my head in a good place.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    So question- as you lose weight, the alloted calories go down right? Unless you do a lot of exercise. It may seem silly, but the thought of 'less food' daily kinda scares me. But keeping track is a good thing, so just have to get my head in a good place.

I go here and play around with the calculator by plugging in my goal weight and activity level. I know it's not perfect, but it gives me some idea of where I should be.
    https://omnicalculator.com/health/maintenance-calorie
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hello ladies! Love all these good updates :)

I decided I wanted to start doing...uh, literally any stretching at all, LMAO. I've gotten away from doing any kind of stretching or yoga and feel like I should be doing that. I found a 30-day series of evening wind-down yoga videos on Youtube, so for the rest of Q1, I'm committing to doing one of those every evening. Because it's meant to relax and get you ready for bed, it's not intense - no difficult holds, no feats of strength or balance required. The flow for Day 2 last night was literally all done lying down on the floor. I'm finding that I'm more flexible than I think I am, and a lot of individual poses that I've tried before are a lot easier than they used to be. It is also, just as advertised, very relaxing. By the time I finish with this series it'll be time to reconfigure my workout plans, so I'd like to incorporate more active/energizing yoga at least a couple days a week, I think.
  • finngirl61 wrote: »

*Side note with the egg whites: I cook them scrambled in the tortillas as a breakfast taco with the beans. Protein really does help you feel much fuller.*

Feel the fear, and then listen to it. Say, "wow, I totally hear you self! That does sound like a bunch of suffering and very, very hard. Okay. Since I already suffer.. Let's do it!" And then make a plan. Stick to it in a diligent way.

I too have to address, and have had to address in the past, the constant excuses in my head. I found that excuses can work both ways! So when I would say to myself, "I don't want to work out, I am tired, in pain, depressed yada yada." I would listen, and then say to myself. "Well, if I am already in pain, tired, and sad why not work out?" Yep, I would get my butt on the floor and start stretching! Freaky, I know. But it turns out that excuses are quite flimsy, and it is just some sort of temptation to not do a thing for almost no real reason. Once on my mfp thread someone posted this, "If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want will be the sacrifice." So either way, there is a sacrifice. That is the reality of it all.

"But I will be hungry!" "But I will be nauseous, tired, get a headache etc.!" Or the real tough one for me, "Fasting gives me hives!" Whew, then the prednisone... it is an ugly train! I had to kind of only do one thing at one moment at one time, and address only the reality. Suffering is going to happen anyway, making excuses doesn't stop suffering. You can voluntarily suffer (best if you offer it up!) and still survive (you know, in case your excuses keep telling you that you will die if you have to do "xyz" pfft it is lies). If you were a catholic I would recommend offering it up for the Holy Souls - they can't pray for themselves, they depend on us and our prayers and sacrifices. (2 Maccabees 12:46 It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.)
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW Feb 2022: 186.2
    GW this month: 183
    Goal for 2022: reach maintenance (160-170?)

2/3/22 - 185.8 (Birthday!)
    2/10/22 - 185.2
    2/16/22 - 183.2
    2/24/22 - 183.4

LTD: 87.7 lbs

So close to my goal this month! I am not surprised at the small bump this week due to all the stress and crazy of selling my home, buying the new home and all the details that come with it, packing, movers, change of address, loans, inspections... I have been skipping my intentional exercise in favor of packing boxes (yay NEAT!). My wife is still out of town caring for her mother but is hoping to come home this weekend before we close on both houses next week. The movers come a week from Sunday and I need to have everything packed and ready! I will be so happy to get back into a normal routine.
  • 48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277 ((in 2021 lost 57 lbs from May 1- Dec 31))
    February goal - lose 3 lbs: Goal met at 6.4 lbs

1/28 172.2
    2/6 171.6 (cycle)
    2/11 167.2
    2/18 169.0
    2/25 165.8

💌Walk anything or do workout video!!
    💌Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    💌Be consistent in logging, exercise, and weighing all food.
    💌Remember: Total loss of over 110 lbs!!

@danikat15 congratulations on being overweight!! Woo hoo!!!! 🥳🙌🎂 🍰🎈🎉 🎁 (all these deserts have 0 calories)

I think my clavicles could assassinate someone who tried to hug me if they caught me wrong. I am trying to be patient with the clothes situation, but I can't keep up with shirts and bras. I am really glad I bought medium skirts at the thrift, instead of large. Because the large is a little big and the mediums are fitting just right. It got hard last week with the depression, and yesterday was abysmal. But I am still here. I am now the same weight as the hubby (why yes that was a pretty big deal in my head, he is 5'11" and I am 5'3") I would have caught up to him in January, but when he got the rona he lost his appetite - right after his Dr.'s visit in December where the Dr. said "Don't lose anymore weight" He lost 7-10 lbs! He is 166, so I am FINALLY lighter than my hubby!!

Preparing for Ash Wednesday: working on the virtue of diligence which is the sloth slayer. I am pretty concerned, because last year I was working on temperance to slay gluttony. In reality, I think it possible that I have more of a problem with sloth than I think I had with gluttony. Hello virtue of diligence!!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 64 Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    My goal is 5 lbs for February.
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs

Down 100 lbs so far!

Have been MIA from this and a couple other threads this month. Posting my updated weights though today.

2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    2/6/22-158.4 lbs
    2/13/22-156.4 lbs
    2/20/22-157.6 lbs
    2/25/22-155 lbs. FINALLY!!! 100 lbs LOST!!! Sure I won't make the 5 lbs for February. Have to go back and catch up on all your postings. I have been working 60-65 hours/week since Christmas.