TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Replies

• KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

I don't know how your cooking skills are but I found this great recipe (I add additional dried fruit & chia seeds but you can make it your own)

https://www.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/make-no-bake-granola-bars-with-only-5-ingredients

I hadn’t thought about making my own, thanks for sharing that recipe! It looks really simple and seems like a good base to customize it. I’m going to have to try it, and will probably add some dry fruit as well. I did get some chia seeds recently, but have yet to actually try them in anything

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    KakoHikes wrote: »

I don't know how your cooking skills are but I found this great recipe (I add additional dried fruit & chia seeds but you can make it your own)

https://www.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/make-no-bake-granola-bars-with-only-5-ingredients

I hadn’t thought about making my own, thanks for sharing that recipe! It looks really simple and seems like a good base to customize it. I’m going to have to try it, and will probably add some dry fruit as well. I did get some chia seeds recently, but have yet to actually try them in anything

Let me know how you like it
  • jpettigrew77
    jpettigrew77 Posts: 33 Member
    jpettigrew
    Feb Week 3
    Sun
    PW 232
    CW 232

Feb Week 4
    Sun
    PW 232
    CW 230

sorry I am 8 days behind. Had a crap go at life for the last bit. Ended up in the ER last Monday night and left the hospital Saturday morning. It all relates to a visit to the ER over 2 yrs ago. Ended up in the er 2 yrs ago with a bad case of pancreatitis spent over 3 weeks that time and had surgery to remove my gall bladder. This time pancreatitis reared its head again which I knew the signs of and had it treated quickly but quickly was also a 5 night 6-day vacation in a hospital bed. Last time I lost 20lbs over 3 weeks in the ICU this time no ICU and 2lbs. These little hiccups in life are our bodies telling us to change. As soon as I muster up the strength back to working out eating right and getting healthy for not only my future but for my family to enjoy me.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Daily Post

Thursday 2/17

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Junk/Fast food: no
    Exercise: 30 minutes of Zumba Fuzion chair workout
    Steps: 6,808
    Water 120oz

Daily Post

Friday 2/18
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 30 minutes of Zumba Fuzion chair workout
    Steps: 10,232
    Water 120oz

Goals/Comments: Long Day
    On a mid vacation in Hilton Head SC for girls trip. It's my sister and cousin birthday this weekend.
    So proud of my progress cause usually after a 6 hr car ride I'll be laid up but was able to go hang out and have fun at the restaurant. Instead of then coming back to tell me what the did got to experience it first hand.
    ng6ygxs4ux9w.jpg

Saturday 2/19

Calories: no over
    Exercise: 45 minutes of Zumba Fuzion chair workout and 30 minutes chair dancing
    Steps: 10,340
    Water 120oz

Goals/Comments: I got my moves in this morning as we went to Savannah GA today for the Riverboat Cruise (had a much better time this time around) We went to the luncheon Cruise My cousin convinced me to go out on the terrace. The we had Italian for dinner got Bake Ziti without cheese and had 3 glasses of wine with an apple still can't tolerate sweets

ihx2xpxrcx00.jpg

vicky2767 wrote: »
    Sorry guys. It’s been a rough week. My sister has been sick , they are not sure yet what’s going on. My other sister was supposed to come visit but can’t because she had an infection from. Procedure she had last month. So it kinda been crazy here. I haven’t been able to focus.

But, but friends of ours talked me into a 5k last year. It was in sept and It was hard. I had to walk it instead of run and I am determined to run this year. Found out this week it’s back to being in June. So I have 15 weeks to get my butt going. Did my first slow run this morning. 40 min 2.14 miles.

So sorry to here about your sisters 😢 but proud you have a goal set for yourself wish you much success 🙏🏾🫂🙏🏾🫂

Looks like fun. And thank you
  • vicky2767
    KakoHikes wrote: »

Let me know how you like it
    I’m gonna try this too. Thank you for sharing
    jpettigrew
    Feb Week 3
    Sun
    PW 232
    CW 232

Feb Week 4
    Sun
    PW 232
    CW 230

sorry I am 8 days behind. Had a crap go at life for the last bit. Ended up in the ER last Monday night and left the hospital Saturday morning. It all relates to a visit to the ER over 2 yrs ago. Ended up in the er 2 yrs ago with a bad case of pancreatitis spent over 3 weeks that time and had surgery to remove my gall bladder. This time pancreatitis reared its head again which I knew the signs of and had it treated quickly but quickly was also a 5 night 6-day vacation in a hospital bed. Last time I lost 20lbs over 3 weeks in the ICU this time no ICU and 2lbs. These little hiccups in life are our bodies telling us to change. As soon as I muster up the strength back to working out eating right and getting healthy for not only my future but for my family to enjoy me.

Wishing you a speedy recovery xoxo
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in
    Sun 2/20
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
  • MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    I'm late...I know....Been very busy. But my Wednesdays weight was 230.1 @AB0215
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    February Week 4 - Sun, 2/20

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: 3.3 mi hike through the woods at Cowpens National Battlefield

The countryside is my happy place. Being away from Charlotte for several days is wonderful for my sanity. It’ll be hell when I go back, but I hope my hiking/walking this weekend will help me a bit.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member

@MotivatedM3 I have been doing the week endings Monday or Tuesdays to account for late postings, also I've been really sick this last week sadly.
  • AB0215
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    @AB0215
    I didn’t realize it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day

@vicky2767 thanks. It was sort of lackluster. I've been sick since my birthday, today was the first day I had any energy and wasn't afraid to eat.
  • AB0215
    @AB0215
    yq0164darwno.png

Praying you had a wonderful birthday and many more wonderful & blessed years to come according to His Divine Will!🎂🎂🎉🎉🎁🎁

@gjaholy33 Thanks Gloria. I had a great weekend, been sick since my birthday, but the days before that were great.
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Sunday 02/20
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 80 minute walk and 43 minutes pt/strength training.
    Hiking buddies were out of town, instead walked a different route than normal, that I hadn’t done in years, along with my smaller loop I do.

I probably need to get over myself and just do some of the hiking trails in my area by myself when my hiking buddies are not available. (Mild to moderate trails, no going up mountains for me yet) Realistically it’s probably just as “dangerous” walking around my house vs hiking trails, but I still feel nervous going alone. Some trails have had Cougar sightings or issues with homeless people who deal with mental health/substance issues plus there could always be the random creep.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 31 minutes indoor walking
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes walking moderate
  • MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »

@MotivatedM3 I have been doing the week endings Monday or Tuesdays to account for late postings, also I've been really sick this last week sadly.

Praying for a speedy recovery! My little one has been sick also. He is also teething :'(
  • annacop1671
    annacop1671 Posts: 37 Member
    Annacop1671
    Monday weigh in week 4
    PW:216.2
    CW:215.4
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    DebJB30
    Monday Weigh In
    PW 166.4
    CW. 166.4