Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    *late weigh-in
    Yukie_OP (Sat weigh-in)
    PW: 132.2
    CW: 133.4
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited February 2022
    @jennifersusanncdougall - I would like to join @jessicakrall8 in encouraging you to stay with the main group unless you have a specific goal in mind that moving to the support group might help you achieve.

You aren’t disappointing any of us. We all move up and down in the short-term so the longer-term trajectory is what matters. In fact, the support group isn’t much different since we still weigh-in weekly. Whatever decision you make will work for the overall group. The decision is really more about which status is likely to make a positive difference for you. I’ve been through some long stalls so I’m cheering for you to stick with it either way!

I love what @PatriceFitnessPal al but I want to make sure there's no confusion over the groups...Maintenance is where you've reached your goal weight and you set a range and stay within it...you still weigh in weekly for Maintenance. The Support Team is set up to allow people to take a brief respite from doing the weekly weigh-ins, and after such time, they return to the Active team and go back to weighing in.

Never worry about disappointing any of us...we're all here to help each other along the journey and as we all know, the journey goes uphill and down...part of the package!

Let me know what you decide @jennifersusanmcdougall as I just want to see you succeed in whatever goals you've set for yourself. We're here to help!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    Hi SS ... You have a new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @AveLyra :)
  • seeless25
    seeless25 Posts: 40 Member
    Seeless25
    Sunday
    PW: 210.2 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 210.8 lbs (current weight)
    LTD 13.2 lbs (optional loss to date)

Well, that is disappointing. I was hoping to see a zero in the middle column this week. On the upside, today marks my 8th week so it was measurement day (measure every 4 weeks) - chest, waist, hips and thighs. VICTORY! - Decreases all down the line!!! This week the scale may not show it but the tape measurer doesn't lie.

To @jennifersusanmcdougall - I would like to add my encouragement to stay with the group. Personally, I have learned so much in the short time (8 weeks) I have joined. And an important lesson I am learning is the scale is not the only measurement of health - Activity, Nutrition, Environment, Head Voice ......
    In honesty, when I see a fellow teammate gain, I do not get upset. It actually makes me want to work a little harder so show a lost - my way saying "Its okay, I got ya." Please stay.
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2022
    AC204
    Sunday
    CW: 199.6
    PW: 197.9

Step Goal: 6000

2/18 6419
    2/19 6398
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 911 Member
    My steps
    2/18 3,286
    2/19 3,616
    2/20 5,981
    @jennifersusanmcdougall I love your posts,your honesty,hearing how your Dad is doing,your family updates & frustrations.So stay & we can share your struggles & your triumphs ❤
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for the correction on the various options for F2F members @jessicakrall8 I apologize for the error and appreciate your explanation.
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    I'm sadly letting the team down....
    I haven't been tracking my steps over the last several days and have misplaced my Fitbit (honestly!).

Not doing any better in the wieght department:
    PW 136.4
    CW 137.2

I actually got down to 135.8 this week but bounced back up again. It was my husband's birthday this weekend and made a cake and special meal which I enjoyed too much!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Feb 18 5800
    Feb 19 11211
    Feb 20 11527
    Shelley
  • jessicakrall8
    I'm sadly letting the team down....
    I haven't been tracking my steps over the last several days and have misplaced my Fitbit (honestly!).

Not doing any better in the weight department:
    PW 136.4
    CW 137.2

I actually got down to 135.8 this week but bounced back up again. It was my husband's birthday this weekend and made a cake and special meal which I enjoyed too much!

@PamStellick No worries on the steps...I just have to check in, just in case people forget to post. We're all so darned busy! :smile: Hope your hubby enjoyed his birthday. I'm sure that explains the bounce...we have to live, so watch it pop right back down! No apologies EVER necessary!

Have you thought about switching over to letting your phone count steps until you find or replace your Fitbit? It's not QUITE as accurate, but it will do until you have another option...just pop it in your pocket and go. Have a great week ahead!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2022
    j1a94qcgg474.jpg

Welcome to Shape Shifters to our newbies!! Also welcome back to @Ewilhelm24 who's been out for a few months!

@AveLyra
    @Smlisley
    @ewilhelm2487

March stats begin on Sunday Feb 27th and we're all looking forward to great numbers this month! More importantly than those numbers though, are all of the little changes you'll be making this month...moving more...snacking less...healthier foods...meal planning...journaling...tracking...drinking more water...finding new routines...giving up bad habits...being accountable...finding ways to walk more...new exercise routines...finding a weight loss buddy...setting goals...there are a million of them. Don't try to do them all at once...just make new small changes when you're ready. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Let your team know what we can do to help...participate in our discussions, post questions, share recipes and most of all, SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES...I guarantee something you say will help someone else and you'll become an important part of someone else's support system. That's what our team is about! @TheMrWobbly and I am here to help in any way we can.

Looking forward to a great month with you as last week I met my intentional walking goal of 38 miles. I'm doing 40 for March! It felt great, especially since it was a short month, and it had nothing to do with the scale. Those non-scale victories feel amazing. You'll see many of those this month. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Good luck in March...let's make it a amazing month!! It all starts one step at a time!
    Jessica
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    I can’t remember if we have to tell you every month but I would like to continue with step challenge in March. My goal per day to remain at 10000. Thanks Shelley
  • AveLyra
    AveLyra Posts: 15 Member
    Hi, I know I am participating in March, but I'd like to start the habit today since it is Monday.

@AveLyra
    Monday Weigh-ins
    Highest: 237.8 lbs
    PW: (last Monday?) 229.0 lbs
    CW: 226.4 lbs
    LTD: 11.4 lbs

HI! I am freshly 31 (Aquarius baby!!) and a girl mom of a 2.5 year old and am usually a stay at home momma, but our nurse in the office is on maternity leave <3 So I am making some extra changes this week/month by changing up my entire schedule.

My main goals this month are keeping up with my daily walk and drinking 64oz-1gal of water daily as well as talking myself through my emotional and depression/anxiety and boredom eating (which should be much easier now that I am working again <3 ) And I want to keep stretching at least once a day because I have a goal of doing the splits again and being generally very flexible. Lastly, I aspire to be at a place with my lifestyle change where it is no longer a struggle, but natural for me to just reach for what's good and reject what won't help my body.

I have PCOS (and would LOVE to reduce those symptoms ASAP) so I am keeping my health from being affected by insulin resistance (I am not diabetic and do not ever want to be), and have a family history of hypertension, heart disease, and diabetes (based on terrible diet), but I do not claim that for myself and my family. We are healthy, we live in abundance of health, and we are strong! (Affirmations are very important to me LOL)

I'm going to check out the challenges next so I can participate one or some of those.
  • jessicakrall8
    Hello all!! I have been mia the last two months and I'm sorry I wasn't a better team player. I had my baby on Valentine's day. Her name is Olivia Grace. She was 7lb 2oz and gave me one hell of a labor story lol.

[snip]

I'm happy to say I'm back and ready to start losing this baby weight.

@ewilhelm2487 and welcome back...CONGRATS on your beautiful baby girl. We will need to see pictures at some point!! I'm so happy all the health issues worked out...glad to have you back. I've sent a message to the MODS to have you moved from TrimStones Nov chart Support team back to active. You are now a Shape Shifter...hope you like the new name!!

Can't wait to catch up...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    AveLyra wrote: »
    Hi, I know I am participating in March, but I'd like to start the habit today since it is Monday.

@AveLyra
    Monday Weigh-ins
    Highest: 237.8 lbs
    PW: (last Monday?) 229.0 lbs
    CW: 226.4 lbs
    LTD: 11.4 lbs

HI! I am freshly 31 (Aquarius baby!!) and a girl mom of a 2.5 year old and am usually a stay at home momma, but our nurse in the office is on maternity leave <3 So I am making some extra changes this week/month by changing up my entire schedule.

[snip]

I'm going to check out the challenges next so I can participate one or some of those.

Happy Belated birthday @AveLyra !! I'm an Aquarius too and just had my birthday as well! Hope yours was amazing...welcome to the team. Great habit to get into, sending in your weigh in...we won't record this one because you're on the March chart, but wow, what a great drop you'll have on your first recorded one!!! Congrats on the loss!!

Check out all of the February chat thread (start on pg 1) and you'll learn a lot about current challenges, etc. Let me know if you have any questions.

WELCOME!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    I can’t remember if we have to tell you every month but I would like to continue with step challenge in March. My goal per day to remain at 10000. Thanks Shelley

As soon as I have a copy of the March chart, I'll get you plugged in @wtbarunner ...and yes, you do sign up monthly for the step challenge...to give you a chance to adjust your daily step goal. Thanks for letting me know!
    Jessica
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @ewilhelm2487 Oh my goodness! How terrifying. I'm so happy you and the baby are healthy. Welcome to the world Olivia Grace!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Steps
    2/19 6,334
    2/20 4,217
This discussion has been closed.