pridesabtch Posts: 2,262 Member

- clean floors :smiley:
    - Sand baseboard :smiley:
    - Buy paint :smiley:
    - Paint baseboards and touch up doors. :smiley:
    - Shrink appt today :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:

Yesterday was productive. Couldn't find the original paint we used in the hallway, so I had to try to color match it. That was a bust so now I'm repainting all of the doors and trim in the main hall, but it does look better already.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 6:30 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff
    - Work stuff / audits
    - Home by 4:30
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

• MLCTX
    MLCTX Posts: 34 Member
    Tuesday JFT 02/22/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Hubby to medical appt
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎DMV
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Extracurricular activities (tennis)
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

I'll have to post an update about everything later, time is short today Lol!!

Enjoy a blessed day my friends!! 🌷🤗🌷

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    It might be a little early for me to start setting goals again. I keep hitting strange pockets of exhaustion. I really should be caught up on rest, and I think I am more mentally than physically tired...but yesterday I sat down on the couch in the middle of cleaning and could.not.get.up. That seems to keep happening to me--not sure if that is a grief thing or what, but it is pretty frustrating. I have things to do! Anyhow, keeping things simple today.

JFT Tuesday, February 22
    1. Do a self-care activity
    2. 5 freggies
    3. 8 C liquid
    4. Do one mini workout at home
    5. Grocery shopping/meal prep
  • azulvioleta6
    @asulvioleta6
    I hope you are able to begin taking care of yourself and enjoying life again soon. I do remember you used to dance quite a bit, didn't you? Maybe even Salsa or ballroom, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Oh yes, I was an obsessive Latin social dancer. I know several types of salsa, bachata, merengue, Mexican cumbia, cha cha cha, a little bit of tango, etc. I did a lot of Zumba too. One of the cool things that has happened during the pandemic is that an online community called COBEAT party (motto: stay home, stay safe!) has grown up on Facebook. Some salsa DJs from around the world got together at the beginning of the pandemic to do online sets, and they never stopping playing. I've made a lot of new friends this way and gotten to know some people in my own dance community better. A bunch of us are planning to meet up in Barcelona in September, pandemic allowing.
  • azulvioleta6
    Bex, I have been through the kidney failure journey with my mom. There is a LOT that can be done with diet and careful monitoring of bloodwork.

My mom's kidneys were slowly failing her whole life...she made it to 68 before she needed a transplant. My dad gave her a kidney 9 years ago. They were a good match but not perfect, so she takes a lot of medication and managing it all is kind of her part-time job. At some point she may need dialysis, but she is doing well so far. There is a lot of hope to be had.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    JFT for 2/22 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/18) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (None of mint meltaways).
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/21)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/24 (need to weigh before nutritionist)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 2/19)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    7) No dried apricots today (up to 6or 7). (last 2/20), raisins ok today (last 2/10)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 2/11)
    11) Pumpkin ok today (trying not to have everyday) (last 2/19)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except my dose of metamusal.
  • MLCTX
    A little time has become available for me to update, Lol!!

The holiday weekend was a blast!! The family got some quality mountain time in; we went skiing/snowboarding, swimming, and had some fun off-roading in my 4x4 truck. Good quality time for sure!!

Regarding my @MLHC1 account: Finally, after all these years, I am starting fresh!! Too many people began to disrespect my boundaries on MFP with regards to my personal morals and marriage. Therefore, I just decided to start fresh and my new policy is - only female friends going forward!! I had too much faith that people actually meant what they said in respecting boundaries but then personal desires overcome their initial intentions. Oh-well, easy fix for me: #NewMFPAcct (LMAO!!) I hope nobody is confused by my decision but I am not a very "social media" person so I prefer to keep my MFP friends intentional aka "quality vs quantity."

I cherish my MFP-JFT friends that I have known for several years and hope to continue our friendships. The issues were not related to any JFTers at all; the issues arose from me being too naive and friendly toward others who wanted my friendship. Sometimes people mistake my kindness for weakness, that is their mistake. I am happily married and enjoy MFP for the pursuit of health and friendships with like-minded individuals.

Well, I feel that I have rambled on (probably bc I am using my laptop, in which I type too much typically, Lol).

:blush:
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/22 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/18) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (None of mint meltaways).✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/21)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/24 (need to weigh before nutritionist)✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/20) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 2/19)✔️Didn't eat today
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    7) No dried apricots today (up to 6or 7). (last 2/20), raisins ok today (last 2/10)✔️Didn't eat today
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 2/11)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Pumpkin ok today (trying not to have everyday) (last 2/19)✔️
    JFT for 2/23 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/18) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (None of mint meltaways).
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/22) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 2/19)
    7) Dried apricots ok today (up to 6or 7). (last 2/20), raisins ok today (last 2/10)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    11) No pumpkin today (trying not to have everyday) (last 2/22)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    edited February 2022
    @azulvioleta40 - I found exhaustion to be part of the grieving process. However, I have learned, for myself at least, it’s a good warning sign for depression.

@MLCTX - I only have women friends on here too. I don’t blame you.

@pridesabtch - do you have to hang in limbo for a while to find out about what exactly will happen to your position with the sale? I hate the unknown.

@Bex953172 - I don’t have to clean as much with just the two of us here. You still have young ones, of course you’re exhausted from cleaning.

My weekend went and I didn’t check in! Sunday my youngest daughter and her best friend came to have a crafting day. My daughter and I worked on some shower decorations for said Best Friend. She is expecting her second baby in April. Her son is 10. It’s been a struggle for them.
    The girls made mugs using my mug press.
    My daughter has terrible anxiety, she made the overthinking one with the lady for herself. Her friend made the owl and pouring from empty cup for her Stepmom who needs to practice some self care.

dleysqagmdmv.jpeg
    ksrjloxu0eat.jpeg
    6jid9dtkregc.jpeg
    nfh27h356ynz.jpeg

The girls (women, they are 30 & 31) didn’t leave until 230am so I slept in on Monday and was very lazy all day.

Starting over again!

JFT - Feb 22
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @MLCTX sounds like a good move to start again on MFP! I don't read a lot on the forums, I only really post on this thread. I'm always surprised when I get a friend request from someone I've never heard of, especially the men. I assume they are just trying to collect friends. I'm sorry you've had problems with people overstepping your boundaries.
    JFT Tuesday 22nd Feb

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk yes
    Finish ironing yes
    Laundry yes
    Load car for trip tomorrow yes

Yesterday was a good day, got plenty done, and walked with a friend.
    Today I have to travel to my business. I don't really want to go, as we have high winds again, but I don't have an option to put it off. I'm apprehensive in case I find more damage, I think we've had 3 more storms since I was last there. Fingers crossed everything's okay.

So goals for today are to drive carefully, and not overeat.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Bex, I have been through the kidney failure journey with my mom. There is a LOT that can be done with diet and careful monitoring of bloodwork.

My mom's kidneys were slowly failing her whole life...she made it to 68 before she needed a transplant. My dad gave her a kidney 9 years ago. They were a good match but not perfect, so she takes a lot of medication and managing it all is kind of her part-time job. At some point she may need dialysis, but she is doing well so far. There is a lot of hope to be had.

Thanks for this! My main worry is that he only has 1 kidney not 2. But it's encouraging to hear that theres hope and things that can be done like diet.
    He is overweight, always has been, but he does do diets and exercises a fair amount. But he always manages to injure himself lol. Hes got Keinbocks (not sure on spelling) he fell off a treadmill and broke his wrist but he left it for 2 months thinking it was just sprained, so the middle bone in his wrist has basically died now? Or something like that, so surgery on that will reduce his mobility in his hand by 80% so he's avoiding that for as long as possible. And he always pulls muscles in his legs/knees and feet. So exercise for him is on and off but we all know weightloss mostly comes down to diet, but it's up to him to do that!

But thanks again for replying, feel better about it x
  • Bex953172
    MLCTX wrote: »
    A little time has become available for me to update, Lol!!

The holiday weekend was a blast!! The family got some quality mountain time in; we went skiing/snowboarding, swimming, and had some fun off-roading in my 4x4 truck. Good quality time for sure!!

Regarding my @MLHC1 account: Finally, after all these years, I am starting fresh!! Too many people began to disrespect my boundaries on MFP with regards to my personal morals and marriage. Therefore, I just decided to start fresh and my new policy is - only female friends going forward!! I had too much faith that people actually meant what they said in respecting boundaries but then personal desires overcome their initial intentions. Oh-well, easy fix for me: #NewMFPAcct (LMAO!!) I hope nobody is confused by my decision but I am not a very "social media" person so I prefer to keep my MFP friends intentional aka "quality vs quantity."

I cherish my MFP-JFT friends that I have known for several years and hope to continue our friendships. The issues were not related to any JFTers at all; the issues arose from me being too naive and friendly toward others who wanted my friendship. Sometimes people mistake my kindness for weakness, that is their mistake. I am happily married and enjoy MFP for the pursuit of health and friendships with like-minded individuals.

Well, I feel that I have rambled on (probably bc I am using my laptop, in which I type too much typically, Lol).

:blush:

I do the same, just JFTers and the odd person I may have spoke to. No men lol! Had far too many dodgy messages, from random people too! Like ffs it's not a dating app lol!
  • Bex953172
    @azulvioleta40 - I found exhaustion to be part of the grieving process. However, I have learned, for myself at least, it’s a good warning sign for depression.

@MLCTX - I only have women friends on here too. I don’t blame you.

@pridesabtch - do you have to hang in limbo for a while to find out about what exactly will happen to your position with the sale? I hate the unknown.

@Bex953172 - I don’t have to clean as much with just the two of us here. You still have young ones, of course you’re exhausted from cleaning.

My weekend went and I didn’t check in! Sunday my youngest daughter and her best friend came to have a crafting day. My daughter and I worked on some shower decorations for said Best Friend. She is expecting her second baby in April. Her son is 10. It’s been a struggle for them.
    The girls made mugs using my mug press.
    My daughter has terrible anxiety, she made the overthinking one with the lady for herself. Her friend made the owl and pouring from empty cup for her Stepmom who needs to practice some self care.

dleysqagmdmv.jpeg
    ksrjloxu0eat.jpeg
    6jid9dtkregc.jpeg
    nfh27h356ynz.jpeg

The girls (women, they are 30 & 31) didn’t leave until 230am so I slept in on Monday and was very lazy all day.

Starting over again!

JFT - Feb 22
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal

I love the overthinking mug! Both my friends need one of them hahaha xz
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Recap - Tuesday 2/22
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :)
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Indoor bike - No, but I went for a walk outdoors instead :)
    Sort mail - No
    Sort clothes (ongoing) - No
    Prep/grading - :)
    Bed by midnight - No

JFT Wednesday 2/23
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Walk
    Sort mail
    Prep/grading
    Bed by midnight
  • MLCTX
    MLCTX wrote: »
    Tuesday JFT 02/22/2022:

✅Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ✅MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ❌Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ❌AM self-care routine
    ✅AM Kiddo routine
    ✅Hubby to medical appt
    ❌Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ❌Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ✅DMV
    ✅PM Kiddo routine
    ✅Extracurricular activities (tennis)
    ✅Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ✅PM self-care routine
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Yesterday was a bit silly. Sometimes taking my hubby to any appointment is like trying to tame a wild cat, Lol!!! 🤦‍♀️ Then I spent the day just dealing with all his stuff yet again. 🙄

Moving forward the best I can at the moment. 🌷

Wednesday JFT 02/23/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Small errand
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎DMV
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_leg day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

We'll see how the day unfolds....🤷‍♀️

Thank you all for understanding. It is unusual how some people decide to use this app, Lol!! No worries though....JFTers are always awesome!! ⭐🦸‍♀️⭐

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,262 Member

JFT Tuesday
    - Shower :(
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Work stuff / audits :(
    - Home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Stay green :neutral:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Well folks in building 3 were joking about the sale of the business and how all it meant to them was that they didn't need to worry about Delrin anymore. It really got to me, so I left and worked from home the second half of the day. Like @Snowflake1968 said, it's really the not knowing that gets me. Well that and the fact that I didn't push for the actual promotion earlier. If I had, at least I'd know my options. As is I'm just lost. Didn't log my food yesterday afternoon/evening, but I didn't do that bad. Probably helped that I went to bed at 8:30pm instead of 11:00. I've been super exhausted lately, often it's a sign that the depression is coming back, but I don't really feel that. I think it's just stress. Before the job uncertainty there was overwhelming amounts of work. I'm trying to reframe the issues in my mind and focus on the positives in my life. After all, I have a pretty great life.

Had a hard time getting going this morning. Needed to be at work by 8:00, showed up around 10:00. Did take my morning meeting form home, so I didn't really miss anything.

No real plans today, but I'm hoping to have enough energy after work that I can ride rather than requiring a 3 hour nap.

JFT Wednesday
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings
    - Home by 4:30
    - Ride damn bike
    - Chicken tacos for dinner
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a great day y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/23 (today): ✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/22) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    7) Dried apricots ok today (up to 6or 7). (last 2/20), raisins ok today (last 2/10)
    11) No pumpkin today (trying not to have everyday) (last 2/22)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except my metamusal.
  • azulvioleta6

JFT Tuesday, February 22
    1. Do a self-care activity :) painted toenails
    2. 5 freggies :) big salad!
    3. 8 C liquid :)
    4. Do one mini workout at home :)
    5. Grocery shopping/meal prep :)

JFT Wednesday, February 23
    1. Get through work and REST, not feeling good today
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/23 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/18) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (None of mint meltaways).✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/21)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/24 (need to weigh before nutritionist)✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/22) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 2/19)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    7) Dried apricots ok today (up to 6or 7). (last 2/20), raisins ok today (last 2/10)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 2/11)✔️
    11) No pumpkin today (trying not to have everyday) (last 2/22)✔️
    JFT for 2/24 (tomorrow): ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/22) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 2/23)
    7) No dried apricots today (up to 6or 7). (last 2/23), raisins ok today (last 2/10)
    10) No turkey vienna sausage ok today (last 2/23)
    11) Pumpkin ok today (trying not to have everyday) (last 2/22)

Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.