Looking for buddies. Anyone from Marietta Ga? 2022

Just got back on and thought I'd look for some fitness pals - support, walking or just to hang out.

Feel free to friend me!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    Whoa. We live on the Square.

If you frequent the M2R, we have the very anxious barky black dog that everyone avoids.

I work out at several local gyms and yoga studio, and often bike the area, too. (Yay for Lidl!!!! But dang, pulling Whitlock with a full backpack and basket- not for the faint of heart.)
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    From Alpharetta :smile:
  • springlering62
    BiggyFuzz wrote: »
    From Alpharetta :smile:

My daughter used to live in Alpharetta. Now she’s on the west coast. Takes about the same amount of time to fly to the one as it did to drive to the other.

I’d burn calories simply via road rage.

😂

Nice to meet you!
  • LOL - thats hilarious - and very true! Nice to meet you both!
  • springlering62 I have no idea what the M2R is! I moved here from LA a few yrs ago and moved to Marietta from Dallas, GA about 2 yrs ago. That sounds like a long time right? I'm road-impaired. Also I'm a WFH contractor so I'm never on the road.

But YAY for Lidl is right! Love that place & Aldi as well.

You'll reference gyms - I'll reference restaurants (hmmmmmm) I do know Whitlock well. We're by the Avenues and I used to go to Douceur De France every weekend. WOW - you sounds like you're fit! GO GIRL!!! I'm at a slow walk for now but when I catch up- I'm calling you! :-)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 I have no idea what the M2R is! I moved here from LA a few yrs ago and moved to Marietta from Dallas, GA about 2 yrs ago. That sounds like a long time right? I'm road-impaired. Also I'm a WFH contractor so I'm never on the road.

But YAY for Lidl is right! Love that place & Aldi as well.

You'll reference gyms - I'll reference restaurants (hmmmmmm) I do know Whitlock well. We're by the Avenues and I used to go to Douceur De France every weekend. WOW - you sounds like you're fit! GO GIRL!!! I'm at a slow walk for now but when I catch up- I'm calling you! :-)

Don’t wait. That was what I did - for decades. I wish I hadn’t.

I lost a good bit of weight at first simply walking with any neighbor who’d put up with me.

I avoid Doceur for the obvious reason: I go buck wild every time I go in the door. Same with Mamies and Sugar Cakes. I just have to close my eyes when I walk past.

The M2R is the Mountain to River trail that starts at the Silver Comet, goes through downtown Smyrna and Marietta (follows the RR tracks), past the mountain and up to Woodstock. It’s extra wide like the Comet, and generally has special crosswalks. They want to build a leg out towards you. That might be what all the construction is where Whitlock turns into Dallas Hwy past the HS.

I’ll send you a friend request. No obligation. Any time you feel like a walk, lmk. I walk multiple times a day.