Class and Practice Checkin for Week of Feb 21, 2022

mfeh3rjd9t03.png

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    My son did core without me yesterday, so I may have to catch up today. I'm sure I can in bits through the morning
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Monday: Conditioning @ the gym + forms review. Working on reinforcing memorization and working from different cardinal directions.
  • Versicolour
    Tuesday (Twosday) was arms with my son and then I made up for some core missed by doing some exercises in the pool with my youngest
  • Versicolour
    Wednesday was leg day with my son. I really need to include stretches in there somewhere.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Tuesday: Stretching and more stretching - and muscle rollout - I was SORE!

Wednesday: Conditioning @ the gym, 1-steps practice.
  • Versicolour
    Today was core again. I didn't walk with my friend on Wednesday because her and her family is down with Covid
  • Versicolour
    Friday was another arm day for me

Saturday was a karate day and we did breakfalls and kata tweaks to standardize across dojos
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Friday was conditioning again - started to taper down the conditioning as I approach testing - too much sore muscles limiting flexibility.

Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Black belt class - practice testing. I went through the whole syllabus of forms + sparring and board breaks. Decided to change one of my breaks, as I'm not confident in it - only breaking 1 out of 3 tries and high risk of injury doesn't sound like a good recipe for success. Called my instructor and got permission to change the break - it's not going to be any easier, but should be safer.