2022 Season Plans

Djproulx
Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
Looking ahead to next year already. Focusing on shorter races, maybe up to 70.3 distance.

Right now, a bunch of us are registered for the Clash middle distance event at Watkins Glen, NY in July. (1.2swim, 50m bike, 10m run). Swim in Seneca Lake, bike through wine country, run takes place on the Watkins Glen racetrack. I'm guessing that the run will be hot! Finger Lakes Wine festival at the track that weekend should be extra fun.

Anyone else planning 2022 races yet?

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Im getting back into tri after a few years out due to injury and then losing it a bit. I'm targeting one race next year in the UK called Snowman. Its an oddball so its difficult to catagorise in the normal way. Depending on water temperature its a 1k swim, 60k bike through mountains and a 11k fell run up a 2000 ft peak. It really is one of the most scenic races in the uk :-)
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Good luck with Snowman - that’s a seriously tough course. You must be much better at scrambles than my husband and I are. We stayed in Caernarfon 3 years ago and made our way to the top of Moel Siabad. I fully agreed with a hiker coming the other way, “There’s rather a lot of rocks up here.” The cafe at the bottom was a welcome treat afterwards.

My plan was to focus on Olympic distance races next year then they moved IM Wisconsin to June. UW Madison is my Alma mater and my brother has done the race 10 times. I’m a teacher, so a summer race with him is too good to pass up.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    davert123 wrote: »
    Im getting back into tri after a few years out due to injury and then losing it a bit. I'm targeting one race next year in the UK called Snowman. Its an oddball so its difficult to catagorise in the normal way. Depending on water temperature its a 1k swim, 60k bike through mountains and a 11k fell run up a 2000 ft peak. It really is one of the most scenic races in the uk :-)

That sounds both scenic and painful. Good Luck!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Just registered for Ironman 70.3 Oregon July 10, 2022 - It's been a while!
  • SwimBikeRun_Mom
    SwimBikeRun_Mom Posts: 46 Member
    Hello! I am signed up for IMWI 2022! First timer here :)
  • EnduranceGirl2
    I’ll be there too. It’s my brother’s favorite race and I’m excited to finally get to do it with him.

• SwimBikeRun_Mom
    I’ll be there too. It’s my brother’s favorite race and I’m excited to finally get to do it with him.

How's your training going? sounds like you've done multiple IMs already? I'm kind of feeling that worry that I'm not ready - but have to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't be ready yet... just staying on focused on one workout at a time! (but it's hard!)
  • SwimBikeRun_Mom
    First race of the season completed yesterday! It rained mildly all day long - which ended up being fine because it wasn't a hard rain. Except for *everything* being wet, it was nice that it wasn't hot and sunny! Felt good to race again, it had been a few years since my last race. Also... I hate it when this happens... I technically got 2nd in my AG, because there were only two of us :wink: It never even occurred to me to go check out the awards table so I didn't get my medal! Bummer!

Anyone else have any races yet this season?
  • VisionQuestNb
    VisionQuestNb Posts: 5 Member
    I just completed June Lake 70.3 Triathlon - "the toughest race in the most beautiful place". 7500'+ elevation. 3300' gain on bike. Sandy trail run with 1200' of gain. 1st in age group. My first 70.3. Next is Santa Cruz Half Ironman. I am focusing on nutrition right now.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    I just checked my community feed for the first time in months - did you do the race? I got cold just walking to the race start so I turned in my chip and went back to bed. Not what I had anticipated doing, but no regrets. Cheering on my brother was fun though - he said it was the hardest race of the 20 IM he's finished.