Replies

• annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    Username: annflaherty1
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 217
    CW (Current Weight): 179.8

Hi,
    I’m looking forward to losing with all of you.

I’m also doing the American Cancer Society March 40 Mile March, walking 40 miles in the month of March to raise $ to fight colorectal cancers. As an 18 years cancer conqueror, this cause is dear to my heart. You can learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/donate/1326100241241958/?fundraiser_source=external_url

Ready to get going!
    Ann
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Hello Slimpossibles! You have a new member who will be going straight to the Goal Zone part of the team. @micaroo4 has been maintaining for about 3 years now, but will use the team to keep it that way! They will weigh in every week, but not count in the weekly loss tallies - all recorded in the Goal Zone section of the spreadsheet. If ever there are 2 consecutive weeks over goal, they are bumped up to the regular team until losing back into the zone!

Welcome @micaroo4 :smiley:
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 1/19: 226.7

Check in weight (2/2/2022): 225.2
    Check in weight (2/9/2022):225.0
    Check in weight (2/16/2022): 228.0
    Check in weight (2/23/2022):225.9

Well, not a real loss, just good riddance to water weight! It's ok, I will take it!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @FushiaKat Doctors annoy the heck out of me! Do you know that most doctors do eight years of medical school and then more schooling for their specialties and they usually only have one semester of nutrition? They are super quick at throwing drugs at us but never ask us about our diet. And as for exercise, there is nothing wrong with breaking up you’re walking throughout the day. You are doing great so keep it up and keep educating yourself.

@Glombog Welcome to the team! We are so happy to have you here. You will mostly find us a very chatty group of women, but I certainly hope you will feel comfortable joining in and let us get to know you. You have done great with your weight loss so far and your puppy is adorable!

@Cornanda good job on getting in your veggies and doing your workout even though you didn’t feel like it. New furniture is fun and it will be nice when my friend comes and gets the old stuff out of my house. It’s a bit crowded at the moment. :grin:

@trooworld Yayyy on your loss this week! What is up with your water consumption? You know you need more than 12 oz. *wags finger at you!* Good idea to put your workout clothes in the living room. I put mine in the bathroom and put them on under my robe in the morning so that all I have to do is take off the robe and go work out.

@micarroo4 Welcome to the team! I’m glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you. It sounds like you are doing a lot of things right. Especially with your fitness goals!

@tammymccrady6278 Glad you are in the spring challenge. How nice of your husband to forgo his birthday cake in support of you. My birthday is next week and I’m having to tell myself no to getting any cake. Fruit salad sounds like a wonderful alternative.

@annflaherty1 That is awesome that you are doing a 40-mile walk for the ACS. My husband is currently undergoing treatment for lung cancer so I’m all new to the world of cancer and have been learning a lot. Especially how awesome the people are who battle this terrible disease.

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. Hubby and I went out to run some errands, including picking me up a new desktop computer, since my old one has been giving me fits for months now. So, I’ve spent the last couple of hours setting it up. Tonight is church and I’m looking forward to seeing the kids. I’ve done well on my eating and had a good workout.

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Six:
    1)Weigh every day Weight 189.4
    2)NO sugar or snacking between meals No snacks or sugar
    3)30 minutes of exercise or physical activity LIIFT4, week 3, Chest and Triceps
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    I read all the posts and caught up, lots of action going on here the last couple of days! I won’t comment today, I’m afraid I would be at all night. I will definitely catch up on replying to posts tomorrow.
    Yesterday was a good day, met my friend for lunch. This week has been crazy for eating out: two birthday parties, out for lunch with a friend, then tomorrow I am taking my mom out for lunch. My mom hasn’t been out much this last couple of months so I told her I would take her shopping tomorrow and out for lunch at a restaurant of your choice, she chose Boston Pizza🥴. I just looked at their menu, I think about the only thing I can have on there is the goat cheese and beet salad LOL. I have tried to stay within my calorie limits, but it can be tricky. This week I will be very happy to stay the same!

@tammymccrady6278 I just have to say what a doll your husband is! That man is definitely a keeper :-)

I did not post my spring challenge yesterday I fell asleep on the couch, but I did get in my 64 ounces of water.
    Spring challenge for today was a bust. I find I need to get in the majority of my water early in the day, otherwise I am up all night🤣.
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Five (2/23):
    1. Get up right away (no Snooze or laying in bed telling myself I need to get up in two minutes) ✅
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅
    6. Exercise ✖ - I thought I arrived at school early enough to walk a few laps in the gym, and then I started adjusting lesson plans because one of my aides stayed home sick, and before I knew it students were arriving. :/
    7. Take a shower ✅

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    @ TeresaW1020
    My sister just overcame her second bout with lung cancer. The first was after breast cancer, this second time seemed out of the blue, but caught very early. Surgery removed it last September. She’s back to hiking, yoga and generally relishing every minute, every day. I’m a two time survivor as well. And relishing every minute, every day.
    Positivity is the most important tool in your cancer fighting toolbox.
    Keeping you and your husband in Love and Light. ❤️
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    My Spring Challenge commitment is:

1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw = I read All Creatures Great and Small today while waiting at the Dentist Office, they were running really late.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps. 3139 steps today so far.
    3) Weigh everyday - 169.5 Can you believe that?? I would love to see that next Tuesday.

I find that if I'm struggling that if I focus on the smaller wins, it helps. I've been eating more taco salad's which I really love.

I got my teeth cleaned today. It's been so cold here all day, and we are going to have a hard freeze tonight, the fruit trees just got blooms on them. Then on March 1st it will be 81 degrees.

Welcome to all the new people. I love our Spring Challenge commitments. Everyone is doing so well!! I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow, my brain is a bit dizzy today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi MS... You have another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @18922 :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @amoic It's common to bounce around, I hope it goes back down!

@Cornanda Congratulations on hitting your goals! She's an Aussie, poodle, and I forgot the third thing.

@annflaherty1 Welcome to Slimpossibles! What an awesome cause to walk for. I love hearing how well your sister is doing, I'm sure it means a lot to Teresa as well, thank you for sharing. You and your sister sound like some strong women!

@FUPA_B_Gone Welcome Tracey! I'm sorry to hear about your tibia, we're all struggling to stay on track so you're definitely not alone!

@trooworld So glad you had fun at the winery! A slushy does make me shiver! One good thing about all these recitals with my nephew is after we go for ice cream but the cold makes my pain worse so the last thing I want to do is eat ice cream and normally I'd be down. Especially with Reynauld's phenomenon, I don't need my fingers white and numb just because I wanted ice cream.

@FushiaKat I know you were mad and not trying to be funny but the hair comparison made me laugh. I think you're on the right track, if anyone is an expert on your body it's you! The caramel is yummy, I think I was one of the people that said that because that was one of my favorites. Taco salad is the best!

@Glomburg Hi Karl, welcome to the team! Congratulations on your weight loss and marrying the right woman! Your dog is beautiful.

@micaroo4 Welcome to the gang! I'm glad you're on the mend now, sounds like you're a pro at maintenance! I look forward to getting to know you.

@tammymccrady6278 Very cool of your husband to choose fruit to support you, happy birthday to that awesome man!

@19shmoo69 I'm a coffee drinker too, you may not have pet cred but you definitely have coffee cred with me! Glad you're back and logging, I always look forward to seeing you!

@TeresaW1020 Have fun with the kids and enjoy your new computer! It blows my mind that doctors have so little training in nutrition.

@laurelfit57 Have a great time with your Mom tomorrow, definitely challenging to eat out often, I hope you find something decent to eat that stays within your goals.

@18922 Yay, you got in Slimpossibles, welcome Nat! Everyone Nat and I have been friends on MFP for awhile, she's awesome and I just know you all will love her. So excited to see you're in here, woot woot!

Hi everyone! My doctor flaked on an appointment that I waited a month for (she hasn't been filling my diabetes test strips and my vitamin prescriptions) so when they said the next day was off and it would be another month I called and raised a big stink and had a sub and I really liked him. He was shocked I'd gone off diabetes medicine and did everything I asked which was my prescriptions and allergy eye drops (Visine is no longer in stores), I asked for his first and last name and he gave it to me and asked if I was reporting him but I liked him better than my doctor so I want to request him next time. It's pretty chilly in CA but of course not compared to most of you, it makes my legs constrict tighter so I'm wearing leggings under my pjs and spending a lot of time in bed. Not much else is new, I finished the latest Janet Evanovich and started His and Hers so I'm off to read that now, have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Good morning!

Home office today (we still do twice a week), sipping my probably third cup of coffe (I grew up right next to a coffe factory, so kind of addicted).
    Todays music tip: Sivert Høyem (just look up on Spotify). Just love the voice.
    Two bottles of water so far. Eggs for breakfast and shake for lunch. I stopped soda, candy etc in January, so proteinshakes are my guilty pleasures.
    Signed a lot of papers for the appartement I'm selling today, so a photographer is comming tuesday. Can't wait til I get less expenses and money on my bank account again.

The snow is slowly melting, and I feel fine.

Have a nice day!

(sorry but english is my second language, so just look past all the typos)
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Thanks guys I’m already using happy scale and have been for a while even though I don’t usually weigh every day. My weight has come down by half a pound but I’m not back where I was last Friday 😕. Last week I was 144.4 and today I’m 146.3 😢. I haven’t been as good as I was last week and because it’s half term I’m not exercising as much 😕. Im finding it all so hard and overwhelming. Im out with friends on Saturday so and I’m dreading it because my jeans don’t fit and my ibs has been playing up so I’m bloating up. All my friends and so much prettier than me and I’m gonna feel like an ugly whale 🐳 😕. I haven’t seen some of them for a while and I was 8lbs lighter the last time I saw them which just makes matters worse 😩. Sorry for moaning AGAIN!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld- congrats on your loss. Good plan with the exercise clothes- did you follow through? That plus your pretracking plus 50 oz of water today and you'll be rocking it!

My pup is hanging in there. He was diagnosed with end stage inflammatory bowel disease. His colon is not able to absorb enough nutrients to sustain him. The meds were not enough to calm it down, although he is still on them. When I had him at the vet 10 days ago, he had lost soooo much weight and his belly is full of fluid. She said the last thing to do was switch his diet and see if he could absorb more from something else. She said I could try that through the weekend..... that was last weekend. He's not as energetic as he was, but he's still happy, so we'll just keep muddling along as long as we can. With as bony as he is, I really can't believe he is still able to function as he does.

Yesterday, I had a discussion with hubs about my mindset. I feel I've kind of been on "death watch". Every time he does something different, I freak out that it's the end. We talked about ways I can cope better. I'm trying really hard to accomplish this. Thank you for asking.

@Glombog - Lumi is adorable. Protein drinks are your guilty pleasure- lol- good for you. You are doing great English being your second language!

@micaroo4 - wow- 90 pounds in a year. That's impressive! Your exercise goals inspire me. And maintaining that long does too!

Ooops- gotta run, will get back on later.

Lisa

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135.3
    CW: 134.5

I’m continuing the Feb-Apr plan for 6 days/week activities and it works fine. My efforts are on the very easy side, with indoor biking at turtle speeds and walking my short legs dog.
    It is hard to not attach meaning to the number on the scale, but having my eyes on May 1st, took the pressure off today and it’s a relief- I wish I tried this before, it could have saved me some heartache and the need to have 4 sizes in my closet.
    Hugs to all that needs them and wish you strength to keep going.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Glombog Lumi, I like the sound of her name! And how cool to have such an old breed that there are so few of. I have a pug, they are far from rare lol. There are two other pugs in my condo complex of 12 units! ;) I get you with the trying to get in 8,000 steps with a sedentary job. My job is sedentary as well and I struggle to get my 8,000 step goal in. We still do work from home 2 days a week, too, and I love it. I just looked up Sivert Høyem on Spotify, what a voice! Very soulful. Protein shakes are a good substitute for candy and soda.

@micaroo4 Hi and welcome! Congrats on your success so far, that's awesome. That's great you have a stand-up desk, I have some colleagues that have those but I do not. It sounds like you have some really healthy habits in place. I can see how you lost your weight! :D I love the idea of walking the year.

@tammymccrady6278 Those are great goals for the spring challenge. That's so supportive and sweet for your husband to turn down the cake in support of you! Fruit salad is a good substitute.

@annflaherty1 Welcome to the team (I know I already said it but welcome again!). Wow, that's great that you are walking 40 miles in March!

@19shmoo69 That's great you are logging things again. I find it makes a big difference for me. Your Fungeon...is it because you eat Funyuns in your Fungeon??? LOL just kidding you! I imagine it's because it's your free weights zone? I want you to know that I value you as part of the team and appreciate your sense of humor, even if you rarely post. I love when you post though. Oh, and I love that you love coffee like me! :D

@leonadixon A loss is a loss! Take it and congratulations!

@TeresaW1020 I know, right? LOL I did better yesterday: 50 oz. I will do better today since I am working from home. I'm going to do exactly as you do with my clothes. I'm glad you found a computer you like. Congrats on a good day! Woo hoo!

@laurelfit57 Sounds like a busy week. I hope you have fun with your mom, that does sound like a tricky restaurant but hey, goat cheese and beet salad is one of my favorite salads! :)

@bgame4 Even if you didn't get to exercise, you did really well on all your other goals so I'd call it a win!

@FushiaKat That's awesome! I agree about smaller wins. I love taco salads!

@18922 Welcome to the team!

@Katmary71 I don't blame you for not wanting to eat ice cream if it makes you ache. I'm glad you stood up for yourself with the doctor's appt. I'm glad you found someone you like. I hope the cold spell breaks soon so you can get some relief. It's really cold down here, too.

@amioc Awww, hugs! Do not worry about it, we are here to support you!

@Cornanda Thank you! I didn't do it last night (I forgot) SO...I put a daily reminder in my Google calendar to do it. I WILL remember from here on out! But, I plan on exercising on a break this morning unless the workers are here working on the window. ;) I'm so sorry about your pup's diagnosis. Give him all the hugs and kisses, which I'm sure you are doing. I'm glad you had the talk about mindset, I hope it helps you. Hugs, Lisa.

Hello all and if you've read this far, woo hoo! I had a pretty good day yesterday, I tracked everything and ate fairly well until I had some veggie straws. I drank almost enough water (50 oz, I really super want to drink 75 oz a day) but if you count the coffee I drank, then I reached the 75 oz lol. Have a good day, everyone!

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Exercise 3 days a week - rest day yesterday
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 50 oz drank! :)

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Hi everyone!
    One of the things that helps keep me motivated is doing goal challenges with other people. Fitbit is awesome for that, so if any of you are also on fitbit, look for me.
    For the upcoming Fat2Fit challenge, I'm challenging myself to do a streak - exercise every day. Any type of exercise for at least 10 minutes, as long as I do something every day.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Good morning All! <3

Just came back from the gym. Old arthritis is acting up in this left knee. It had been doing good since January but I guess the weather "maybe" has something to do with it...as the older generation might say. It's been harder to get back into the groove since before I went out of town but I'm not giving up. :p

I've got to keep on pushing. I had "upped" my level of workout and that might have something to do with it. I've got to keep on moving and pushing. So when I hear those "little voices" saying it's not making a difference, I have to hit "reject" and keep on moving. I am making a difference in my health and well being. This I know!! :)

Let's go get it people! B)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 - does ice chipping count as exercise? I think it might. Your husband is definitely a keeper.

@annflaherty1 - I admire your strength and your sister's too. "positivity is an important tool in your cancer fighting toolbox"- thank you for that. I'm working on my positivity levels and this inspired me.

@19shmoo69 - Fungeon? That's a cool name. Respond however and whenever you can- we like hearing from you. We don't mind your petlessness either! Keep drinking that coffee! And Hooray for the arm workout!

@leonadixon - did you try the hula hoop yet?! I've been curious about that.

@TeresaW1020 - agreed about doctors. They tell us to lose weight, but not how and they have no idea how difficult it can be. Diet can help other conditions as well! Sounds like you had a nice normal day out with Joe, I bet it felt good.

@laurelfit57 - good for you planning those meals out! That's very proactive. Looking forward to catching up with you later if you have time.

@bgame4 - good work on the goals. I can imagine taking a few min on those lesson plans and then suddenly time has passed....

@FushiaKat - it is amazing how focusing on what's going well can help you keep doing well.... while focusing on what's not going well can just make the whole thing fall apart!

@Katmary71 - you are very good at sticking up for yourself with doctors. Too bad you've had so much practice at it! :s Snug in leggings reading a book sounds like a good way to pass a cold day.

@Glombog - I see you and @19shmoo69 have a coffee habit in common.....

@amioc - you go out with your friends and OWN IT. Everyone has pretty things about them and your friends will see what they love about you and not be looking at your jeans. That's what you should be doing too. Hugs!

Spring challenge- mostly done yesterday..... Had the attitude adjustment talk I mentioned earlier and it helped. Now I just have to keep fighting off the negative thoughts my brain likes to throw at me so I don't go back to down in the dumpsville. Ate veggies at breakfast and lunch. Dinner was a bust. I made enchiladas and wanted to have green pepper with it, but I was out. So, I mixed black beans with salsa and corn. Normally I wouldn't count that as a veggie, but I will this time because I made an effort. Distractions and asking myself if I am actually hungry have been helping with snacking. They help my mood too when I use them properly. Quit the workout 2/3 of the way through yesterday..... need to better on that today and it's time to get started on it, so here I go.

Hey! We made it to Thurs! The weekend is almost here!

Lisa

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Spring Challenge Day 2 for me

1. Weigh in daily 221.4
    2. I missed my 6000 steps by jut 100 so will have to step it up today.
    3. Got my 3L of water in
    4. No snacks between my meals yesterday!

Hi all. If I had not of been so tired last night I’d have ran around the house just to hit my goal lol but just couldn’t so I plan to make up today.
This discussion has been closed.