Weight No More Team Chat - MARCH 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
jql00y8t5urf.png

Here is your Team chat room for March 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: March runs from February 27 - April 2nd! F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Week 1 Group Challenge for March is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb. 27th. Hope to see you there, helping us celebrate our NSVs (Non-scale victories)!

Here's the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857561/march-week-1-group-challenge-nsvs#latest
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    Sherry9999
    My first challenge.
    Weigh in Day : Friday
    Current weight: 184.6
    I am happy for the accountability of the challenge. Thank you for including me to the group.
    I have a very close friend in the challenge also Mistygoesforgoal. Misty Roo and everyone lets kick it for success!!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited February 2022
    results-design-power-name.gif

Can't believe I'm typing this, but we've completed yet another month of our F2F challenge! You can find all of the results from the previous week, as well as the full month, below:

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

Last Week -
    8dx9kohs5rqo.png

Month of February -
    8t36oayy1ftu.png
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    MistyGoes4Goal Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2022
    Username: MistyGoes4Goal (Misty)
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Starting Weight: 183.6

I'm excited to begin this challenge. I'm here with a long-time buddy @sherry9999!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks to the Captains, moderators, motivators, etc for leading the challenge! I know it takes a lot of work and I appreciate that.

I finished one of my workouts for today. I'm big into Virtual Reality (VR Fitness) and did a 1/2 hour "Supernatural" workout. SO. MUCH. FUN!!!
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    February week 4 steps

Sunday 17,238
    Monday 10,023
    Tuesday 9,981
    Wednesday 4,059
    Thursday 10,077
    Friday 10,876
    Saturday 7,006

Better than last week, but still lots of room for improvement!!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy

steps:

Sunday: 13546
    Monday: 12115
    Tuesday: 16900
    Wednesday: 15943
    Thursday: 13290
    Friday: 16933
    Saturday: 15584
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Username: EDTake2
    Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.8
    CW (Current Weight): 200.4
  • cishact1541
    cishact1541 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi guys, it’s my first weigh in here.
    My last weigh in Monday was 181.2
    My current weight is 179.8
    Since I’m new, I’ll tell you a bit about my weight loss. I have had three baby girls over the past few years my youngest is 14 months, during each of my pregnancies I put on large amounts of weight but it came off pretty quickly afterward back to my base 160-165. After my youngest I went from 220 to 190 but haven’t moved from there since coming home from the hospital. About three weeks ago I started trying to get serious about going down and I’m committed to at least being back to what I feel should be my set weight of 160 by early summertime. My ultimate goal is about 130 but we’ll see how that goes.
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    MistyGoes4Goal Posts: 18 Member
    Day 2 and all is well. I'm grateful to be here and feel motivated. I filled in the Habit Tracker and finished my workout. I know I'm drinking enough water because I'm wearing a path from my desk to the bathroom...lolol. :D

I'm gonna try to find my way around here and start reading some posts to get to know my WNM teammates a bit. For some reason, I get a little lost in the MFP communities when I'm on my phone. I do better when I'm on my laptop!

Cheering you on from Central Pennsylvania!

MistyGoes4Goal
    P.S.
    I decided to document my March Challenge progress on a blog (without the gnarly weight #s)
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MistyGoes4Goal
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    I promise I will post an intro soon...had a lively vertigo attack that flattened me for about 12 hours yesterday... only just woke up and am now very behind. Silver lining to vertigo...when I'm too dizzy to walk, I can't eat everything. Dinner was saltines and broth at 10pm. :#

Take your time, Melanie. There's no rush. I hope you're feeling better today. :heart:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week One

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 171 (February 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 175.2 (March 1st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 58.8 lbs

Oh boy, I was expecting a gain, but definitely not a 4.2lb gain. My eating has not been the greatest recently, but I highly doubt I've consumed 14k extra calories in the past week.

Reasons Why it May Be Water Retention:
    • Salt
    • Sugar
    • Muscle Recovery
    • Stress
    • Concussion (no idea if this leads to water retention, but I wouldn't doubt it)

Concussion?!? Back up ... What?!? Are you okay?
    I promise I will post an intro soon...had a lively vertigo attack that flattened me for about 12 hours yesterday... only just woke up and am now very behind. Silver lining to vertigo...when I'm too dizzy to walk, I can't eat everything. Dinner was saltines and broth at 10pm. :#

Take your time, Melanie. There's no rush. I hope you're feeling better today. :heart:

I think I'm getting there. I kind of feel like I'm filming a V8 commercial but it is slowly subsiding.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week One

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 171 (February 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 175.2 (March 1st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 58.8 lbs

Oh boy, I was expecting a gain, but definitely not a 4.2lb gain. My eating has not been the greatest recently, but I highly doubt I've consumed 14k extra calories in the past week.

Reasons Why it May Be Water Retention:
    • Salt
    • Sugar
    • Muscle Recovery
    • Stress
    • Concussion (no idea if this leads to water retention, but I wouldn't doubt it)

Concussion?!? Back up ... What?!? Are you okay?

I, uh, may have dropped a 45lb dumbbell while lifting it overhead... and it may have brushed against my head briefly... and I had a pretty bad headache for most of Sunday, but I think I'm mostly good now? Drinking plenty of water and taking breaks from screens has been helpful.
This discussion has been closed.