Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,474 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area in California area with my two cats. I'm a team motivator along with the awesome @trooworld and have been part of this team for 3 years now, woot woot! I'm lucky I found it early on after I started back on MFP. I have multiple physical issues like CRPS, diabetes, failed back surgery syndrome, I'm a host of depressing ailments so let's just say I'm doing my best to be as able-bodied as I possibly can be as I don't want to use a wheelchair for more than being at an airport. I'm about 10lbs from goal, I hit it a few years ago after losing 100lbs then when my CRPS relapsed I was on steroids for a year, luckily I'm down 20lbs from the highest I hit after that. I love to garden, read, watch movies and binge series, spend time with my cats, and have family nearby so I'm often with them and going to my nephew's events. I volunteer for a local organization then help at the food bank farm. I do chair cardio, stretching, and weight-lifting most days then with the recent challenge I'm doing chakra meditations at night and avoiding Diet Pepsi.

Let's have an amazing March gang!
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Username: Glombog
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 02/21 246.0
    CW (Current Weight): 02/28 241.4

Busy weekend...was attending my first dogshow on Saturday, and yesterday I got my old appartement ready for photos tomorow.

Still on a good roll towards my target weight.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 196.6
    CW (Current Weight): 196
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Congrats to the whole team for getting 3rd place on the leaderboard! You should all be very proud of yourselves. A special congrats goes to @Mom24_2021, @FushiaKat, @laurelfit57, and @gwamajtw91 for getting on the leaderboard! Well done!

@walela617 Welcome to the team, Carole! Congrats on your loss, too! I would love to see a picture of Mimichou. :D

@Cornanda I'm glad everything is going okay and that your pup is hanging in there. Yay for not going off the rails when you are in such a stressful situation!

@FushiaKat You are doing awesome, congrats on your goal progress and your weight loss this week!

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO What an interesting company. I would love to see Max. :) All things are indeed possible!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! This is impressive especially because you ate out so much. I love Sundays, too.

@TeresaW1020 LOL it's hard to pick the right comforter sometimes. I hope you like the one from Amazon!

@tammymccrady6278 That's great that you walked up and down your work drive to get your steps in. Way to stay committed!

@annflaherty1 You have to click on the Slimpossibles tab at the bottom of the tracker, it's the second one over.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday: I actually initiated exercise! I asked my husband to go for a walk with the dog and so we went. It was a slow-paced walk because the dog kept stopping to sniff things. Afterward, my husband asked what I wanted for breakfast and I made a healthier choice by saying fruit salads. I also drank a lot of water because I donated blood yesterday. Yay!

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Exercise 3 days a week - Yes
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 75 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

q6ughxc269zi.jpg
  • annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    @trooworld Thank you. I guess I wasn’t scrolling down far enough. All set. 🌞
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @annflaherty1 - good for you refusing those steroids. My MIL had that condition and the long term steroids did a number on her.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO - your enthusiasm is inspiring! Your business sounds very interesting. Go you! If you have a step at home, check out C Dorner Fitness on YouTube. I love her workouts!

@micaroo4 - I am also very impressed with your maintenance and the amount of exercise you fit into your daily life. I like your term "freggies". I would love to hear any tips you may have.

Congrats leaderboard Peeps!

@walela617 - wow, looking for a job for 21 months must have been painful. We visited Boston and Cambridge several years ago and loved it. Welcome!

@laurelfit57 - That sounds like an awesome Sunday and hooray for losing this week with all the eating out! Perhaps your body was a bit confused by the change in routine? Whatever it was- hooray! How interesting that it's the poodle in him that causes the "determination" (ie- stubborn o:) ) I wasn't sure if it came from whatever type of dog he is mixed with. I trip and fall off my step all the time. So far, no injuries. Are you still doing those bungie workouts? I keep thinking about trying that.

@TeresaW1020 - Oh boy, let us know what happens with the quilt. You are working hard not to go off the rails, just like me. Keep it up!

@tammymccrady6278 - good work sneaking in the exercise. Hope your night went well.

@FushiaKat - maybe throw one of those bath bombs in the tub and have a soak to help with the anxiety?

@Katmary71 - Yes! Let's have an amazing March!

@Glombog - Keep that roll going!

@trooworld - Yay You! for initiating exercise and fruit for breakfast!

I'm on track with my Spring challenge goals. Had a very reasonable weekend- even our dinner out was healthy. Hoping for good results this week!

Happy Monday!

Lisa
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh in day monday

Current weight 225 lb
    Previous weight 225lb
    Loss this week 0 lb

Im very happy, i survived a week visiting my mother and being force fed!! I gained 8.5lb from eating carbs but managed to take it all back off in 5 days 🥳🥳
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I am with you, I cannot wait for spring!! It sounds like you had an absolutely lovely Sunday as well :-). Ha ha it sounds like you are going to have a week of eating out coming up, enjoy!

@tammymccrady6278 Time does go by in the blink of an eye for sure! LOL love how you got your steps in yesterday, it is amazing what we do sometimes :-) :-).

@Fushiakat I remember my first hot flash. I was sitting in an easy chair relaxing and reading a book. All of a sudden I started to get very hot and I remember thinking, I had no idea we had a heat register in the ceiling of the living room, I looked up, there was no heat register, I was so confused🤣🤣🤣

@trooworld yay you initiating exercise! Sounds like you had an absolutely lovely Sunday!! Can I just say, that fruit salad looks delicious!

@Cornanda my little Vannie has a little poodle in her as well, makes her very determined LOL. When my daughter was a teenager, she was doing something or other and I remember saying to her, “oh quit being so stubborn”, to which she replied “I am not stubborn I am determined!” Her and I definitely share that trait😅.
    I’m not doing the bungee workouts anymore, they were too hard on my upper traps.
    Good for you for staying on course this weekend!

Looking back over my food and exercise diary in MFP, I did get an extra 500 to 900 exercise points per day last week so that was probably helpful in the loss last week. Every time I ate out, I did try to stay within my calories for the day, definitely not the macros though:).
    I was pretty excited I was able to do spin class today, definitely not with the intensity I usually do, but I was able to do it. I don’t think I will be able to do the weight training class tomorrow. I do have a doctors appointment booked for tomorrow afternoon, then for Physio first thing Wednesday morning. The pain is really weird, it keeps moving. This morning it was my right lat that was super tight. I had to take Tylenol and Voltaren to get things to settle down.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Yayyy to our team for getting third place!! And a big shoutout to @Mom24_2021, @FushiaKat, @laurelfit57, and @gwamajtw91 You all rock! B)

@trooworld good for you for getting you and the family to go for a walk. That did you all good. And that fruit salad looks very tasty. I LOVE coconut! <3

@Cornanda Good job on staying on track with the Spring challenge! :)

@fatfifties YES to surviving a loving, force-feeding mother and getting the weight back off. You did it exactly right! B)

@laurelfit57 I hope the physio can help with your pain issues. I have never done a spin class. From what I know of them they always seem really intense. Yes, too much eating coming up. I even forgot to mention that this Sunday is the church’s monthly potluck. It bring your favorite appetizer and you know no one is going to bring anything healthy. Well, there is this one lady that is famous for her bowl of grapes at every potluck. But who is really eating the grapes? Not me! :D

Hi Team! Today was we are back to spring weather, which is so nice. In our city, we have what we call the Loop, which is a highway that circles the city. At every off-ramp, there are hundreds of daffodils that have been planted over the last few years. So going out at this time of year always makes me happy when I get to see those lovely yellow bits of sunshine along the roads. :) This morning I did my leg workout and then went to Hobby Lobby and Walmart. Back home to do a bit of cleaning and laundry. I made a pizza casserole with Italian frozen meatballs for dinner. Very tasty but it will surely make the scale go up. :/

30 Day Spring Challenge
    Day 11: 189.4 down from yesterday! 😊, no sugar or snacking, and my workout was LIIFT 4, week 3, legs. 2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Hi all. I was off today so I managed to get some much needed house cleaning done and then went shopping. So I got my spring challenge steps in with no issue. I’m planning a yard sale for the may long weekend so I’m mucking through the basement and getting organized for that. I didn’t realize just how much stuff we had lol.

Congratulations to all who made it onto the letter board!!!

Spring Challenge day 5
    1. Weigh in daily. 222
    2. Drink 3L water. Yes I did!
    3. Do 6000 steps. Yes
    4. No snacking. No. I was nights last night and ended up munching a bit to stay awake. Today has been better.

Have a great night guys.
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    My name is Hannah, and I live in Iowa with my husband. I teach high school students with significant cognitive disabilities and complex communication needs. I also fellowship with my church whenever the doors are open, and I enjoy sewing, walking, and traveling. My motivation for joining this group is to achieve a healthy weight and have more energy to do the things I enjoy.

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Nine (2/27):
    1. Get up right away ✖
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅
    6. Exercise ✅ - 1.5 miles walking outside in the afternoon
    7. Take a shower ✅

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day Ten (2/28):
    1. Get up right away ✖
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✖
    6. Exercise ✅ - 1.2 miles walking outside when I got home from work
    7. Take a shower ✅

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 567 Member
    @Cornanda Thanks for the "Step" tip! I'll try it!
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 567 Member
    @trooworld This is Me & Max

tl5tj52eewa4.jpg

I really need to get some current ones!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member

1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw = I used my Scroll saw for an hour today, I'm making a Sunflower.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps. 4584 steps today so far! Woo!
    3) Weigh everyday - 170.2

@Cornanda Thank you for the Bath bomb suggestion. Nothing relaxes me like taking a bath with those. I should have thought of that.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,474 Member
    @Glombog Is your dog competing in the show?

@trooworld Sounds like you're kicking off March perfectly, the day after being active and eating better is always easier than the first, you have a streak to keep now!

@fatfifties I had to laugh at being force fed, you got it off fast, way to go!

@laurelfit57 Way to go on doing the spin class! I hope your doctor's appointment goes well tomorrow. Voltaren is pretty awesome, I just ran out and you reminded me I need to get more.

@TeresaW1020 A pizza casserole sounds amazing! It was warm here today too, it's so much easier to be cheerful with the environment is friendly!

@tammymccrady6278 Sounds like you've been busy in the house, glad you had the chance to start getting organized for it. My Dad made a comment once that if you ignore things around the house it's like things become part of the furniture, I've noticed if I don't make an effort to keep things straightened up it's easy to start thinking that way.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO I love that picture, Max loves being outside with you from that big smile, he's so handsome!

Happy March everyone! Not much new on my end, I spent the morning at the food bank farm greenhouse starting a bunch of seeds. I'm helping at the actual farm tomorrow planting seedlings which will be fun. Weather was gorgeous today so I took all my seedlings out in the sun and restarted some of the seeds that hadn't done well, we'll see how it goes now. Workout was good and did well eating. I seem to be a doofus magnet with guys right now, I need to change my brand of deodorant or something. Thank goodness you can block numbers and people these days! Have an amazing March gang! I need to meditate before I forget!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited March 2022
    Let's have a wonderful month Team!! B)<3

wfa0q286wkjf.jpg
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi everyone! I am new to the team. I am 44 and a mom of 5. I went back to school for a second degree and I joined the challenge because working and going to school is kicking my butt and I need some motivation. I am halfway though a full time internship. I also want to get to a healthy BMI, because I just beat breast cancer last year and I want to lower my chances of reoccurrence. It was a tough year last year, so I am hoping just being healthier in general will help me feel better.

I weigh 170 pounds and I need to get to at least 145 pounds to be in a healthy range. I want to get to around 130, 135 though to give me some leeway.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you! And yay for eating healthy when eating out!

@fatfifties That's great you were able to get it off in time for your weigh-in.

@laurelfit57 I did, thanks! And that fruit salad WAS delicious! Great NSV, staying within your calories for the day when eating out! I hope the doctor can figure out your pain.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, it did! I love coconut, too lol. The daffodils sound lovely. We have a bunch of wildflowers on the side of the highways that brighten my commute, hot pink and yellow. :) Pizza casserole sounds delish.

@tammymccrady6278 Good luck with your garage sale!

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Awwww, your precious Max! What a great picture of you two. He's adorable and looks so happy! You do, too. Thanks for posting.

@FushiaKat I would love to see your sunflower! Great job on your goals.

@Katmary71 Yes! Definitely. Yes, today's technologies help so much. Back in the day, you had no choice lol.

@kkay2345 Welcome to the team! You have a great reason to get healthy, good luck!

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I stayed out of the vending machines despite stress. I didn't drink enough water nor exercise but I wasn't planning on exercising because I had given blood on Sunday and you have to wait 24 hours before exercising.

1) Exercise 3 days a week - No, rest day
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 25 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @Glombog Is your dog competing in the show?
    Yes, well kind of. She's a puppy still, so not formal competing, but more as a rehersal. She was great, so with more pratice and loosing the teenager propotions we will be stronger next time.

Many inspiring people in this group! I read everything-

This discussion has been closed.