TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to March 2022 Challenge!

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 43 yrs old, still on this journey  since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of January😥😥), chronic pain in the back and knees.

Current Weight: 468lbs
    81.2lbs and 85 inches lost overall so far.

Everyone has their own lifestyle change but mines was surrending my will daily to my Savior and thanking Him each night for getting me though the day. Through that 1st step acknowledging I can't do this myself the Holy Spirit began urging me to change different things slowly by making one small change at a time and when I began to see results the Holy Spirit lead me to watch Documentary about animal products and how it impedes our health so I change my way of eating at least 80% following the Daniel Plan/Plant Base and it help me succeed further.

As I mention I still need to lose over 200lbs but I'm determined with my Saviors grace & mercy to continue on One day, one small step & change at a time. This past month manage to get my A1c even lower to 5.5 (it feels good to reverse my diabetes)  also my hemoglobin and iron levels are rising hopefully in a couple months I'll no longer be anemic.
    Woo Hoo because of His Grace and guidance along the way HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!

Just goes to show you when you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge, your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

My Plan for Success this month:
    • Surrendering to God in prayer morning & night
    • Abstaining from Fast & Junk Food (except scheduled days)
    • Guidance from my Bariatric Doctor & Physical therapist
    • Intermittent Fasting Window (20:4)
    • 10,000 steps goal
    • Keep working with Physical Therapist to improve my gait & balance & hoping to go from rollator to cane device by December
    • Continue Whole Food Plant Base Plan
    • Hopefully lose 10lbs
    • 4x Zumba Chair Workout Daily so I can decrease my sedentary minutes & Aquatic Center at least 2x week
    • Continue to meditate daily
    • Encourage myself DAILY not to give up & stay positive & to keep journaling & tracking

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤
  • gjaholy33
    Glombog wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm Karl. 42yo from Norway :smile:

Welcome Karl
  • gjaholy33
    melbann wrote: »
    Hello, hoping I will be able to contribute to the overall weight loss of this group. I will note that I am trying to lose weight in a slow and sustainable way so I may not have very good losses.

I try to eat between 1700-1800 cals a day. From what I see on MFP a lot of woman with my height and goal weight seem to be eating between 1000-1200 calories. That just doesn't seem realistic for me or sustainable in the long term based on past experience.

Everyone's journey is different; I've learned not to compare my journey to others. I wish you much success on your journey. Rooting for you 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
  • gjaholy33
    edited March 2022
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello all, I’m looking forward to “losing” with you all! Here’s my rather long winded monthly intro.

I have lost 49lbs since I started, can now fit in clothes two sizes smaller and have lowered my resting heart rate by 15bpm. My lab results have also improved a lot. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I am now able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying, have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. My current goals are to get down to 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

Congratulations on your 49lbs loss 🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉 Yes going in itself office setting will be challenging bit you Got this. Continue to put your needs 1st and make a plan. Rooting for your continued success
  • gjaholy33
    Daily Post

Sunday 2/27
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Junk/Fast food: no
    Exercise: 70 minutes of Zumba Fuzion chair workout
    Steps: 10,620
    Water 128oz

Goals/Comments:

vzhfvcwi5qa5.jpeg

Monday 2/28

Steps: 13, 644
    Water 60oz
    1alkd6yd6vi1.jpeg

Goals/Comments: Need to drink more water especially pool days.
    1st day back in the pool and boy was it nice and warm I walked for 30 minutes then took a 5 minute break and finished the last 17 minutes. Very proud of me cause last time I only could walk 15 minutes straight. Was trying to go another 30 minutes but my knee started hurting so stop and did some stretches to work out the kinks today was a good day.💪🏾😌👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes minimal walking
  • gjaholy33
    melbann wrote: »
    Username: melbann
    Weigh in week: March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 221
    Todays Weight: 215.2

wow 5lbs down! Awesome job!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Hope all is going well! The funny thing that sticks out to be about my name is when George W. Bush would say “war on terror” but it sounded like “war on Tara”. 😂. Good luck to everyone this week. I didn’t exercise today (2 degrees when I got up this morning and I had to take my mom to the airport), but I did start logging my food again.

That’s cold 🥶.
  • vicky2767
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 43 yrs old, still on this journey  since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of January😥😥), chronic pain in the back and knees.

Everyone has their own lifestyle change but mines was surrending my will daily to my Savior and thanking Him each night for getting me though the day. Through that 1st step acknowledging I can't do this myself the Holy Spirit began urging me to change different things slowly by making one small change at a time and when I began to see results the Holy Spirit lead me to watch Documentary about animal products and how it impedes our health so I change my way of eating at least 80% following the Daniel Plan/Plant Base and it help me succeed further.

As I mention I still need to lose over 200lbs but I'm determined with my Saviors grace & mercy to continue on One day, one small step & change at a time. This past month manage to get my A1c even lower to 5.5 (it feels good to reverse my diabetes)  also my hemoglobin and iron levels are rising hopefully in a couple months I'll no longer be anemic.
    Woo Hoo because of His Grace and guidance along the way HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!

Just goes to show you when you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge, your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.

• 10,000 steps goal
    • Keep working with Physical Therapist to improve my gait & balance & hoping to go from rollator to cane device by December
    • Hopefully lose 10lbs
    • 4x Zumba Chair Workout Daily so I can decrease my sedentary minutes & Aquatic Center at least 2x week
    • Encourage myself DAILY not to give up & stay positive & to keep journaling & tracking

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤
    Daily Post

Sunday 2/27
    Water 128oz

Goals/Comments:

vzhfvcwi5qa5.jpeg

Monday 2/28

Water 60oz
    1alkd6yd6vi1.jpeg

1st day back in the pool and boy was it nice and warm I walked for 30 minutes then took a 5 minute break and finished the last 17 minutes. Very proud of me cause last time I only could walk 15 minutes straight. Was trying to go another 30 minutes but my knee started hurting so stop and did some stretches to work out the kinks today was a good day.💪🏾😌👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

You got this Gloria!! Looking good!
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in
    Mon 2/28
    Track
    Started to 🤪
    Calories ?🤷🏼‍♀️
    Exercise yes 35 min jog with the dog
  • gjaholy33
    vicky2767 wrote: »

MY INTRO

• 10,000 steps goal
    • Hopefully lose 10lbs

Daily Post

Sunday 2/27
    Water 128oz

Goals/Comments:

vzhfvcwi5qa5.jpeg

Monday 2/28

Water 60oz
    1alkd6yd6vi1.jpeg

You got this Gloria!! Looking good!

Thanks
  • gjaholy33
    Daily Post

Tuesday 3/1
    Exercise: 90 minutes of chair dancing/walking workout
    Steps: 10,541
    Water 128oz

Goals/Comments: really didn't feel like it but got up late afternoon got my gallon water in plus workout. Determination
    tqsg224qtkox.png
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Hi, guys. My name is Leah. I am 27 years old and in my last semester of grad school. I have struggled with my weight all my life; stress and undiagnosed PCOS caused a 60 lbs weight gain in ten years.

I wanted to come and say that, because of school and personal obligations, I am taking a step back from the group for March to focus on completing those. I am still watching (or trying to, anyhow) what I eat. I am making an effort to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet.

March Week 1 - Tuesday, March 1st
    CW: 186

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: None
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 52 minutes indoor/outdoor walking
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes walking
  • vicky2767
    Daily Post

Tuesday 3/1
    Exercise: 90 minutes of chair dancing/walking workout
    Steps: 10,541
    Water 128oz

Goals/Comments: really didn't feel like it but got up late afternoon got my gallon water in plus workout. Determination
    tqsg224qtkox.png
    Good for you!
    Hi, guys. My name is Leah. I am 27 years old and in my last semester of grad school. I have struggled with my weight all my life; stress and undiagnosed PCOS caused a 60 lbs weight gain in ten years.

I wanted to come and say that, because of school and personal obligations, I am taking a step back from the group for March to focus on completing those. I am still watching (or trying to, anyhow) what I eat. I am making an effort to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet.

March Week 1 - Tuesday, March 1st
    CW: 186

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None

You got this Leah!!
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in for tues 3/1
    Tracked yes
    Calories Way over
    Exercise short afternoon walk with the dog
  • chardonais21
    chardonais21 Posts: 219 Member
    Chardonais21
    Week 1
    PW - 176.5
    CW - 176.2

Total loss to date - (1.2lbs)
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Monday 02/28
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No, 120 over
    Exercise: No

Tuesday 03/01
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No

More than likely will be over today as well, we shall see. Been a busy, stressful few days. Work, water heater went out, dental appointment and theen another worker came out to measure things for the new dishwasher.
    I found a company who could come out the same day to put in a new water heater vs 1 to 2 weeks of the other people I called. Feel like they were on the high spectrum of price wise but they had plenty of good reviews, got good vibes from the dude and he did a good job… Just ouch on bank account. The extra was worth it to my mom to not have to take cold showers though
This discussion has been closed.