Thurs- 7,853
    Fri- 9,846
    Sat- 7,764
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week One

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 171 (February 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 175.2 (March 1st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 58.8 lbs

Oh boy, I was expecting a gain, but definitely not a 4.2lb gain. My eating has not been the greatest recently, but I highly doubt I've consumed 14k extra calories in the past week.

Reasons Why it May Be Water Retention:
    • Salt
    • Sugar
    • Muscle Recovery
    • Stress
    • Concussion (no idea if this leads to water retention, but I wouldn't doubt it)

Concussion?!? Back up ... What?!? Are you okay?

I, uh, may have dropped a 45lb dumbbell while lifting it overhead... and it may have brushed against my head briefly... and I had a pretty bad headache for most of Sunday, but I think I'm mostly good now? Drinking plenty of water and taking breaks from screens has been helpful.

OMG...that is exactly why I didn't do my PT this am ... I was not sure I wouldn't drop my weights on my head. And my weights are much lighter than 45 lbs. Take care! Concussions are nothing to triffle with.
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    I am loving this challenge for me the accountability is helping me this week. My sweet friend Misty brought up this challenge to a few of us. I like it. Thank you sweet Misty!!!!
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    MistyGoes4Goal Posts: 18 Member
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    Mxlaw90
    March week 1
    PW 142.3 Lbs
    CW 142.2 Lbs

Hello everyone! I don’t think I’ve done an intro since I’ve been back and I’m really going to try and be more active on here this month :)

My name is Marcy, I’m 32 years old and live outside of Toronto, On. I have two dogs and a 4 year old boy who keep me busy. My weight has always been up and down and after I had my son I reached 176lbs and have been slowly getting back down to my goal weight of 130lbs. I’ve always been fairly active and worked jobs where I was on my feet but when that changed with the pandemic and me losing my job I put some of the weight back on.

Right now I’m trying to work on consistency with my eating habits and work out 3-4x a week as I’ve hit a bit of a plateau.

Have a great month everyone!

Nice to meet you, Marcy! Four-year-olds are really fun! I love their energy AND their questions. I hear that Toronto is awesome! My son visited there a couple of years ago...fell in love with the city and especially the aquarium!
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    edited March 2022
    It's DAY THREEEEEEEEEEE of the challenge. I'm hanging in there and doing fine. I started a blog, hoping to document my journey, but discovered that the MFP blogs aren't really working quite right. Oh well, I tried.

I mentioned before that I LOVE VR fitness. Tonight, I did three VR workouts for a total of 55 minutes...had a blast and I WAS DRENCHED. I love it when workouts are fun and I look forward to them every day.

I really need to focus on reducing sugar and sodium. I am diabetic and determined to get my sugar levels down. I have to have blood tests in mid-May and I'm on a push to lose pounds and keep my exercise levels consistent... I also am working on coming up with a good MEAL PREP plan that doesn't involve sugar.

I'm excited to see the temps starting to rise. Once they get above 40, then I start to do lunchtime walks... I work from home and I live really close to walking/biking trails so it's easy to get a short walk in during my lunch hour.

Keep up the good work!!!

My motto for 2021 is "Sixty-one and having FUN!!!"
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week One

Oh boy, I was expecting a gain, but definitely not a 4.2lb gain. My eating has not been the greatest recently, but I highly doubt I've consumed 14k extra calories in the past week.

• Salt
    • Sugar
    • Muscle Recovery
    • Stress
    • Concussion (no idea if this leads to water retention, but I wouldn't doubt it)

I, uh, may have dropped a 45lb dumbbell while lifting it overhead... and it may have brushed against my head briefly... and I had a pretty bad headache for most of Sunday, but I think I'm mostly good now? Drinking plenty of water and taking breaks from screens has been helpful.

Oh NOOOOOOOOO! Yikes, that's quite a close encounter...hope you recover quickly! Kudos to you for even lifting one of those puppies...
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    I promise I will post an intro soon...had a lively vertigo attack that flattened me for about 12 hours yesterday... only just woke up and am now very behind. Silver lining to vertigo...when I'm too dizzy to walk, I can't eat everything. Dinner was saltines and broth at 10pm. :#

I'm sorry to hear about your vertigo...I have a close friend who suffers from it and it can really negatively impact your life! I hope you feel better today!
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    My scale is heading in the wrong direction, but...I have to remember that my morning weight is just a number...a data point that swings up and down from day-to-day. It's the general downward trend that counts, right? My muscles are sore from my recent workouts and my rings are tight today. I think I'll focus on fluids and perhaps even take a rest day from exercise (or do only a light workout).

It's "clean out the fridge day" here and I'm going to prepare and roast a big tray of veggies from the produce drawers before they go bad. I love roasted veggies... DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE WAY TO PREPARE THEM? I often just use olive oil and garlic, but I have some other spice blends that I enjoy too...Greek spices, chipotle spices Italian spices...

Well...my break is done and I need to get back to work! I work from home for a large University and we're in the week before SPRING BREAK (for the students, not the staff) so this week is full of exams and project deadlines for all. I handle grading for about 2000 students and manage several Teaching Assistants. I'm looking forward to a bit of quiet next week while the students are off on adventures! Part of me wishes to be a student again...heading off to some warm and sunny location for a few days instead of staying here in cold Pennsylvania...lol

Have a good day, everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    sherry9999 wrote: »
    I am loving this challenge for me the accountability is helping me this week. My sweet friend Misty brought up this challenge to a few of us. I like it. Thank you sweet Misty!!!!

We're happy to have you here! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns - we've got a good group here from all walks of life and are always willing to help.

minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week One

• Salt
    • Sugar
    • Muscle Recovery
    • Stress

Oh NOOOOOOOOO! Yikes, that's quite a close encounter...hope you recover quickly! Kudos to you for even lifting one of those puppies...

Oof, thanks. Things are better today, for sure. I'm hoping to be back to 100% by Friday.

My scale is heading in the wrong direction, but...I have to remember that my morning weight is just a number...a data point that swings up and down from day-to-day. It's the general downward trend that counts, right? My muscles are sore from my recent workouts and my rings are tight today. I think I'll focus on fluids and perhaps even take a rest day from exercise (or do only a light workout).

Yes! The general downward trend is what's important. This is why F2F focuses more on a weekly weigh-in than a daily one, since our weight can fluctuate greatly day-to-day, but is often in the same conditions if you weigh in on the same day of the week around the same time.

Also! If your muscles are sore, a light workout is better than no workout! Even a simple walk can help your muscles release the lactic acid that has built up and improve recovery speed.

It's "clean out the fridge day" here and I'm going to prepare and roast a big tray of veggies from the produce drawers before they go bad. I love roasted veggies... DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE WAY TO PREPARE THEM? I often just use olive oil and garlic, but I have some other spice blends that I enjoy too...Greek spices, chipotle spices Italian spices...

I usually use olive oil, garlic & pepper seasoning, paprika, and nutritional yeast for my roasted veggies. Sometimes I change up the spice profile, sometimes I roast for longer to get that nice toasty flavor... Also a big fan of just throwing all my veggies in a pan with some oil and sauté them until everything is at that fun state between crunchy and mushy.
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    I sometimes make a puree of sundried tomato, balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil for roasted veg. Soak the tomato in hot water to soften them up first.

I joined a different gym this week. I'll keep my PlanetFitness membership as I've made a lot of friends working there. The new place is a tiny Snap24 franchise. Only being 2.5 miles from my house I can walk down, lift and walk home. I like the idea of not driving to the gym. I lovethe idea of skipping the cardio machines!
  • limnological
    limnological Posts: 18 Member
    limnological
    March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 167
    Current Weight: 165.4

(Yay!)
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2022
    When I have veggies closing in on extinction I chop and freeze them. If I have a bag of spinach nearing death, I throw that bag in the freezer.
    I am trying intermittent fasting with low carb. My first meal of the day is lunch. I thought on the habit chart that I was going for 50 to 60 carbs per day. Apparently, I wrote 50 carbs. I am going to see if I can motivate myself back to 30 carbs or less. Will just see how this works out for me in this challenge. I am not going to stress over it. My real struggle is when I am tired, frustrated, and etc. That is a combination disaster waiting to happen. I have worked hard this week to challenge my way of thinking to prevent the throwing in the towel to my excuses. So far so good.

Life is going to happen no matter what I do. So, my challenge is to change the way I react or behave to negative or stressful events.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott

Can I please skip this weeks weigh in?

I have celiac’s and was somehow glutened and I’m dealing with all the terrible side effects of that.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott

Can I please skip this weeks weigh in?

I have celiac’s and was somehow glutened and I’m dealing with all the terrible side effects of that.

Oh no! I'll excuse you for this week - let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Feel better soon!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    March Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 183.4 (February 24th)
    CW (Current Weight): 186.2 (March 3rd)

Loss to date: 84.9 lbs

Ugh. This is 100% stress weight. I have not eaten over maintenance calories and have been in a deficit all week. I think I will see a weight loss whoosh when we complete all the home sale/purchase paperwork this week and get moved this weekend!
  • SweetDolce3
    SweetDolce3 Posts: 9 Member
    Username SweetDolce3
    PW 131.8
    CW 130.6
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 187
    Cw 186.6
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Hi, I'm Tracy. I have 2 boys and 2 granddaughters with a grandson on the way this month. I have been married 27 years in april. I work as an assistant director in childcare. Each day is a surprise, this week we have the stomach bug going around, I am hoping not to catch it, I also hope my granddaughter does not catch it, she comes to school with me and lives in my home. It has hit her classroom so fingers crossed. I love to walk and do zumba every Sunday, I have an ifit account so when I am on the treadmill it is not as boring. I gain and lose the same 5 pounds. I have been going to a weight loss clinic and a nutritionist which hasn't helped that much. I was given some meds to try even though I really didnt want to, but after a few months I thought what the heck. Well they haven't done anything. I would love to get some of my weight off because I have a few vacations planned this year. I am hoping to get to Canada to see my family and aruba for my sil wedding.

Welcome new team mates
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    ciaoder wrote: »
    I sometimes make a puree of sundried tomato, balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil for roasted veg. Soak the tomato in hot water to soften them up first.

Oh....that sounds delicious! Will have to try that! Thanks for the idea!
This discussion has been closed.