WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    (((PIP)))
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    jmkmomm was Joyce, and her last post might be on this page ...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10484609/women-ages-50-for-december-2016/p91

Check out the thread ... :)

JRsLateInLifeMom/Amber/Faetta/Faye was a different person.

Three people. Amber and Faetta are not the same person either. Faetta popped in a few weeks ago, I think.

Thanks for the post link. There was also a post from Gloworm on that page, who has also passed away. Such a sweet memory of two lovely ladies.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    edited March 2022
    Katla- looking forward to seeing pictures of the puppies- we raised poodles when I was little- so much fun.

Allie- hope you are feeling better and Carmine apologizes-

Betsy- my dad was like your dh- didn't want to get the hearing aids or get the cataract surgery. After the first surgery, he was amazed and wondered why he waited so long to get them done. Being a major bird watcher/lover who spent hours watching them from their living room and around the garden, being able to really see all the birds was huge.

Flea and Pip- lots of healing prayers for both of you ladies
    UPDATE- Pip, I just saw your pictures- that is MASSIVE. NOT the way you want to loose weight but glad they got it all out.

Lisa- I forget sometimes how close some states are- saying it is just a two hour drive to get into OK. Here, we would drive at least 5 hrs to get out of this state, some directions a whole lot more.
    It was amazing to me when I lived in Mobile- the states were so close- on the one freeway you could head to the right and be in Pascagoula, Mississippi or to the left and go to Pensacola,Florida. We would do a day trip to New Orleans.

Slight rain this morning with showers expected for the rest of the day but should be dry this weekend.
    Heading up to mom's to get working on the green house. Hoping it goes a WHOLE lot smoother than last year(instead of planting, she decided to tear the inside of the greenhouse apart, taking out all of the hot boxes dad built because they weren't working great(but at least there was some heat coming from them)
    She says we are not going to plant as much, thankfully. No need for fifty of each kind of tomatoes when you are planting about 20 kinds!
    I have seed I want to start for me and for her(and who ever else wants them)
    Will be nice spending the weekend with her. Not sure if her friend has moved in yet or not. If not, I am sure this will be the last weekend I am there without the friend there. Hopefully the other guy that is living on the back part of the property stays away-if he does come by, he had better behave himself-he is a jerk.(at least to me)
    Not sure if I will be able to check in here while I am up there- her wifi and cell service is so bad. If I want to send a picture through text, there is only one spot on the whole property that I have been able to do that. (in the front, near the pond) and they have 3 1/2 acres. There may be another spot but I haven't found it yet.
    Leaving a sink full of dirty dishes for dh-they are his that he has not rinsed, just keeps putting more in the sink. Usually after a day or two, I cave and wash them but not this time. Will leave a nice note on them for him. He worked this morning then going to the movies with a friend and wont be home until after I leave. He will be home for a bit but I will be gone picking up the daycare girl from school.

FINALLY the scale moved this week. 149.9 . (actually 150.4 but weighed with shirt on so ....)
    I need to do more walking I see. That is the only thing different this week. oh, and no peanut butter. 3 hrs more of walking to loose a pound. Need to talk my friend into walking more often or get my butt motivated and walk alone.

ok- time to get off my butt- need to pack, get dressed and be over at the school to get Ezie in 1 1/2 hrs.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies- Will check in on Monday.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca but heading up to beautiful Alexander Valley,CA for the weekend.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Feeling stressed?

svsvuuckml1d.png

Sounds like me lately!

Pip all I can say is WOW!!

RvRita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Puppy visit will be in a few days. I’ll have my iphone with me and will take pictures if I can. ❤️ I may be so twitter pated that I can’t remember to take photos. Hopefully DH will be able to take photos, too.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Pip - Oh goodness, gracious me. :o How you were getting around with that inside you, I can't imagine. <3
    I've seen bigger ones on TV shows, but not in 'real life'. It looks pretty intact, so they did a good job.
    Hugs to Kirby. <3

I've booked a hotel near my friend's apartment. Can cancel up to 3 days ahead and reschedule up to 1 pm the same day. I really love being in a hotel room on my own. Time seems to be suspended. :oB)

We heard from DSIL who had the ankle fusion. All good. She sounded very cheerful.

Tandoori chicken for dinner. Delicious. I've got enough calories left for a small piece of cheese and chocolate.
    Weigh day is Sunday. :*

I've ordered new hoops from Amazon. Only gold plated, but they will do for the cruise. Arriving tomorrow.
    I had a good morning's writing. As I write I remember more and more. My love of the Lake District started with him. My whole family got to know the west side really well and we all climbed Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England. If you ever visit England you must visit the Lake District.

Love from Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    Hi Gals,
    Katla – hope the puppy visiting goes well

Pip – Oh my goodness! Sending good thoughts that it is not cancer.

LOVE the stress Diet!

Carol and others thanks for the link to obit, and for helping each of us remember Joyce.

Allie – sending strength…. Carmine is in a tough space, but that is not an excuse for bad behavior. I would start checking to see what other help might be available beyond the school counselor.

Heather - I loved the Lake District when I was there, and even bought a water color there.

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    Wholly Canolli Batman that's one hell of a tumor PIP!! What an evil thing! So glad that's outta ya! Healing thoughts to you!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,578 Member
    Pip- WOW! Our prayers are with you all for a speedy recovery and good news to follow!

Flea- Prayers for your journey as well.

Had to come home for the plumber so got a chance to pop on here. SIL's ex has a really bad ulcer in one eye, glaucoma in both which is causing the iris to fleck, along with several other issues. The most concerning is the ulcer at this time. He liked my eye doctor so that is good. Now just to take the time to heal.

I will check in again later.
    Hugs!
    <3
    Kylia in Sunny but chilly Ohio
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Geez Pip! Prayers continue for quick healing!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    PIP, that is the biggest tumor I've ever seen! Bless your heart. :heart: That must have been extremely uncomfortable. I'm sending up prayers for a quick recovery, with good news to follow regarding biopsy results.

It's partly sunny in Green Bay today but cold! My husband went to have our cars washed, and while gone a window salesman came to our door. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of answering it. That was my first mistake. He was a young kid (20's?) and so polite trying to do his job, and I kept trying to nicely tell him we were not interested. Well, I'll be darned if he didn't make an appointment to come here next Monday at 2pm to meet with my husband and I. I didn't even realize what he was doing until it was done! Good grief! That was one smooth salesman. My husband is going to have a fit when I tell him. I have the company's phone number so I will call them and cancel. I am such an easy target! Dang, I obviously wasn't nearly firm enough. My husband doesn't understand that...he tells me almost every day "You have no problem speaking your mind to me! Why can't you do that to anyone else?" He's right, of course! Oy....

I'm hoping to take my dog for a walk this afternoon, but it will depend on my knees. Also need to run to Aldi's for some fresh produce. I'm making chicken fajitas tonight and need some fresh peppers and onions. I've not made fajitas before so I hope they turn out okay. I'm trying to delve into cooking more now that I'm retired. It's a painful process... :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Tracie in WI
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 839 Member
    Pip! Holy crap on a cracker girl, that thing is huge! Sincerest hopes and wishes that they got it all and that it's not cancerous. Keeping you, Kirby and Yogi iny thoughts.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Today I put the state boat marine tags for the next two years. Next, I need to wash the poor thing. That will require a “bright, bright, sunshiny day.”
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,962 Member
    I did my marching elliptical and yoga. Yay!

Hugs to Drkatiebug and Pip and anyone else who needs one.

Thank you all for understanding about my mother. More hugs!

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip: Where in the heck were you hiding that thing? Oh my goodness.

Speedy recovery!

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Pip

<3Flea