How many times a week do you eat fast food?

2»

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    @Lietchi
    I know from another post you indicated you are from Belgium, I am from Wisconsin, USA. I am curious what a poke bowl is? I've never heard of that before.

You can get poke bowls in Wisconsin!
    It's actually native Hawaiian dish with raw fish, rice, and vegetables.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    @Lietchi
    I know from another post you indicated you are from Belgium, I am from Wisconsin, USA. I am curious what a poke bowl is? I've never heard of that before.

You can get poke bowls in Wisconsin!
    It's actually native Hawaiian dish with raw fish, rice, and vegetables.

Yup, not a Belgian dish at all 😁 I discovered poke bowls last summer (in Norway of all places), loved them and prefer them now as a 'fast food' option at the office (my colleagues order Thai takeaway).
    The place where I get them has all kinds: with chicken as well as fish, with quinoa as well as sushi rice, etc.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Recently we have gone back to getting "food prepared away from home" (the terminology used in studies) about once a week. During most of the past 2 years we dropped to once or twice a month. This change has more to do with the exhaustion we feel after spending a weekend day helping prep our adult child's house to sell, then a fundamental plan to eat out more often. Time will tell what we do after the move.

About a quarter or a third of these trips might qualify as "fast food" (Chipotle, Schlotszy's) while most of the rest are usually called "fast casual" (Panera, Modern Market, Jason's Deli, etc). Throw in a rare actual restaurant (with a server) for the remainder.

I would honestly be happy to only eat out on vacation, but compromise is an important aspect of marriage. 😁
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    @Lietchi

I'm in Minnesota, and we have a casual fast food place called Aloha Poke. Not sure if it's similar to Belgium versions, but this place you choose the base (white rice, brown rice, or greens) and then add veggies and protein and sauces to your liking. https://www.alohapokeco.com/menu/. It's yummy and I can fit a bowl into my daily goals very easily by using the greens instead of rice.
  • Bridgie3
    Bridgie3 Posts: 139 Member
    I was going to say never but then I realised I often buy a cooked sausage at the local lunch bar. Which is an absolute treat.
  • J_doe
    J_doe Posts: 43 Member
    3 times a week
    3 times and it shows 🐖
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    I have it maybe once a month
    It's not something I crave often.
    I enjoy pizza but I refuse to pay £20 for bread and cheese when I can make it at home for £3 and a lot tastier!
    Burgers are also nicer made at home and fried chicken is repulsive 🤮
    I might get a sandwich or sausage roll from a bakery occasionally if I'm out all day.

• chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    This poll needs a zero option. 👍
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    less than once a month for a variety of reasons. i used to eat subway chopped salads or plain blaze pizza, but not in the past couple of years.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    In the last five months I’ve had fast food once. Twice if you count Chipotle. Maybe 8 times if you include Panda Express. So however you count it I round to 0 and of those times all but one was after I was done losing and in maintenance.

I do love it but it’s difficult to make it work whereas if I cook it’s easy for me to meet calories and macros. Now that I’m in maintenance I’ll probably get Panda Express once a week as I’ve learned how to work it in but the sodium does bloat me for a couple of days.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited March 2022
    Less than once a week. Maybe once a month. I like chick-fil-a and culvers for fast food. If we eat out, we usually go somewhere with better quality food though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2022
    None of the above. I'm pretty picky about food quality and fast food for the most part doesn't cut it for me, at least not on the regular. The one solitary exception there would be Popeye's Chicken which I get a craving for every few months or so. If I'm going to eat out I'd rather go to a local sit down restaurant or order take out from them. In general, I'm not big on corporate franchise food, whether it's fast food or sit down stuff like Red Lobster or Olive Garden or Applebee's or whatever...there are just so many better options.

My family doesn't really eat out that much in general. We usually get takeout once per week which is usually Friday night pizza and movie night. We get our pizza from Village Pizza which is a local pizzeria in our village "town" center and IMO top 3 pizzerias in the entire state. A couple of times per month I get lunch from this hole in the wall teriyaki chicken place...it's relatively fast, but about a 10 minute wait unless you call it in...they make bomb teriyaki chicken bowls.

Other than that my wife and I really try to get in a date night at least once every couple of months for which we will go out to a nice local restaurant...once per month if we can, but it's hard with young kids. I probably eat actual fast food maybe 3-5 times per year or something on those lines...it is usually something that is reserved for when we're traveling or on a road trip or something and we just need to be on our way...but even then, I'm generally more inclined to find a small local deli or pizzeria or something in whatever town we're passing through. I would say the vast majority of my fast food consumption occurs in an airport when I have a short layover or when I get my craving for Popeye's every few months.