The Vanity Thread / Body Types

13»

Replies

• Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    I like the average pic... Looks like my hubby. In a certain light you can see a hint of v but no abs. I like a bit of softness!
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yeah beards have grown in popularity rather quickly, I remember 10-15 years ago if you had a beard people who look at you weird or they would pass comments such as you look dirty etc.. Nowadays it is the norm.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    I think I’m happy with my body type, will be happy if I can make it better and a bit more muscular and loose a bit more fat. Other than that I’m quite happy the way I am. Mantra for happiness is to be content what you have and keep working to achieve what you want.👍🏻
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My mantra for happiness is pockets filled with money. Credit cards work too, as long as they're not in my name.
    So to tie my comment into the topic I'd have to say bulging pockets. :)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,263 Member
    I like a man with some heft.
    6’, 200lbs, something like that.
    Once past 60, skinny just looks sickly.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member

I don't necessarily agree with this. I've treated a lot of older patients and many lean, athletic older men look great.

If someone is a sickly level of skinny, then yes, they're going to look sickly. But plenty of older, vital, healthy men look fantastic.

The thing with really vital, fit, youthful looking older men is that they don't look like older men. You might not register them as over 60 when you see them.
  • honey_honey_12
    Xellercin wrote: »

I don't necessarily agree with this. I've treated a lot of older patients and many lean, athletic older men look great.

If someone is a sickly level of skinny, then yes, they're going to look sickly. But plenty of older, vital, healthy men look fantastic.

The thing with really vital, fit, youthful looking older men is that they don't look like older men. You might not register them as over 60 when you see them.

I agree with you. 😊

I posted my personal preference.
  • ReenieHJ
    I just would like any body type that can fix computer issues, smile, share in the chores, love my dogs like I do, and do handyman type stuff. :)
  • Xellercin
    edited March 2022

I agree with you. 😊

You're fully entitled to your personal preference.

I disagree with your statement that men over 60 who aren't husky look sickly. I don't think that's objectively true. Most 6' athletes aren't over 200lbs, and many of them do not look sickly at all after 60.

I was just watching Cobra Kai, and all of the older guys are ~60 and they're looking great.

I'm just saying that there's a whole universe of body types between hefty and sickly skinny. That's all.

If you prefer hefty, by all means, enjoy your personal preference!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited March 2022
    In general, aesthetically for women and men I think a fit/sporty physique with a well proportioned upper and lower body is the most appealing. Not overly built muscularity and also, not overly lean or "skinny"...nor overly fluffy. Something that says, I'm active and fit and healthy and I use my body and like to go do fun and active things, but I also like Popeye's Chicken, pizza, and micro-beer and some Netflix in the evening.

As the ladies go, I've always been physically attracted to soccer players for some reason or another...not ironically, my wife is a former collegiate soccer player and rugby player.
  • Unsafe_Space
    Unsafe_Space Posts: 34 Member
    Adding a new body type. Paraplegic:

nv7t4s91qs84.jpg
  • Unsafe_Space
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    My mantra for happiness is pockets filled with money. Credit cards work too, as long as they're not in my name.

Let's get you hooked up with that billionaire Donald Trump
  • Xellercin
    edited March 2022
    Adding a new body type. Paraplegic:

nv7t4s91qs84.jpg

I'm feeling left out now, what about my sexy, sexy crutches. I mean dude, they're red. That's hot.
    I have these ;)

https://www.amazon.ca/Ergobaum®-Generation-Ergoactives-Ergonomic-Crutches/dp/B01BKSGV26/ref=zg_bs_6370909011_13/147-3893236-9865148?pd_rd_i=B07Z22QWTK&psc=1
  • honey_honey_12

I agree with you. 😊

You're fully entitled to your personal preference.

I disagree with your statement that men over 60 who aren't husky look sickly. I don't think that's objectively true. Most 6' athletes aren't over 200lbs, and many of them do not look sickly at all after 60.

I was just watching Cobra Kai, and all of the older guys are ~60 and they're looking great.

I'm just saying that there's a whole universe of body types between hefty and sickly skinny. That's all.

If you prefer hefty, by all means, enjoy your personal preference!

I could argue with you but I won’t.
    You are paraphrasing me.
    Obviously you know more about “it” than I do.
  • ReenieHJ

Emphatically no thank you. Much rather be with a poor sap. :)
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    What if beautiful people are just introverts? Or basically shy, self conscious in their own way? I wonder if a majority of people are self-conscious in some way, no matter how much we perceive them as being beautiful?
    Just pondering this a.m.

Thats a great thought, i never considered that
  • Xellercin

You are paraphrasing me.

Sorry if I've pissed you off, didn't mean to, just sharing my thoughts based on what you said.
  • Unsafe_Space
    edited March 2022

Emphatically no thank you. Much rather be with a poor sap. :)

Ah. There's the humble, down-to-earth girl. And all it took to bring her out, was Donald Trump :bigsmile:
  • honey_honey_12

You are paraphrasing me.

Sorry if I've pissed you off, didn't mean to, just sharing my thoughts based on what you said.

It’s cool 😊

I won’t argue with a stranger over my personal feelings that’s all.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    What's considered attractive is not just biological, it's largely determined by what the dominant culture tells us is attractive. Most women for example express a preference for tall men. That's largely driven by the social judgement they get for being with men who aren't tall and the reward they get for being with tall men. Hence why it's perfectly common for women to be attracted to short men if they are famous or powerful or whatever, because she won't be ridiculed for his height, and will be socially rewarded for dating someone so notable and important.

In my case, it's 100% Freudian. The men I find the most attractive have the same physique as dear old dad. Skinny men have never really enjoyed much cultural popularity. Remember those ads in the back of comic books?

Skinny men totally had their day in the 70s, my dad cleaned up as a skinny musician/intellectual back then. Funny, I adore and admire my father, but am very specifically NOT attracted to men who look like him. For example, I cannot, will not, and never have dated a man with a beard. Won't do it.

I was crestfallen when beards became a thing and every single guy had a beard.

The 70s might have played their part in forming my taste since I was a teenager then. I'll also admit to liking longer hair on men.

I wouldn't date a man with a beard either. Dad has always been clean-shaven. :D The SO decided to grow a beard and I can't tell him how much I hate it.