Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 08 - AF - Working a split Wednesday, may have a couple of drinks after that...in the tub watching HGTV. We'll see.
    Wednesday March 09 - 2 drinks. Planned AF for Thursday
    Thursday March 10 - AF - Planned drinks over the weekend.

Rolling total: 8 AF days out of 10 days
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    THANK YOU MFP for getting rid of the disagree button.

I had always thought it was a terrible idea to have a button that would not be a supportive feature in a community where people need incouragement, not negativity.

😇🥰

Same.

Such a pointless feature, and I often saw it really set people off.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Big wave back to you, @MissMay! I'm also impressed with DH efforts, @Lilylady3k. I hope he learns a lot in the process.

Watched my 2 favorite basketball teams (DD & my alma maters) win very close, exciting games last night, and felt the excitement of March Madness descend on our house. Well, on me. DH got bored after the first game. :D Also tried out my AF tequila purchase from a couple weeks ago, and it was very interesting. Definite tequila aroma/flavor on the front end with a capsicum kick on the back end. Very clever and inventive. I poured it over crushed ice with fresca and hibiscus tea left over from jamaica enchiladas I made earlier in the week. It made a vibrant red interesting drink. And 0 calories so I didn't feel guilty having 3. :p
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF
    March 8 - AF
    March 9 - wine 3 glasses
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - wine 2 glasses
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 08 - AF - Working a split Wednesday, may have a couple of drinks after that...in the tub watching HGTV. We'll see.
    Wednesday March 09 - 2 drinks. Planned AF for Thursday
    Thursday March 10 - AF - Planned drinks over the weekend.
    Friday March 11 - 2 drinks - Worked late, had a couple of nice drinks in the tub : - )
    Saturday March 12 - Planning drinks. Spent a big chunk of the day doing paperwork, about to go and move 1/2 of the front porch, sweep, mop, clean furniture, put the curtains back up that the wind blew down. Planning a couple of drinks after that and some HGTV.

Rolling total: 8 AF days out of 12 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    DH bought ONLY 1 bottle of wine to go with the supreme pizza bowl recipe (not crust) this evening. I was so happy to see him buy 1 not 6 bottles!!!

2 glasses of wine.

March accountability: 9 days AF
    Alcohol: 3 days (6 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    👋 hello back to ya @ahoy_m8. So was that one of the Lyres spirits that you made your drinks with? I see since September they have new flavors. YUM.

Tonight I did indulge in two rum and root beer cocktails. Getting all crazy and wild up here on the East Coast 🤣.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    Xellercin wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    THANK YOU MFP for getting rid of the disagree button.

I had always thought it was a terrible idea to have a button that would not be a supportive feature in a community where people need incouragement, not negativity.

😇🥰

Same.

Such a pointless feature, and I often saw it really set people off.

Remember that “woo” button? That confused me the most. I thought it meant “woo hoo! Awesome” and it turns out… it doesn’t! 😳