jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    73j2ahebufa0.gif

REMINDER, we're missing the following weigh ins this week (incl today):

@seeless25
    @PamStellick
    @kerdil08
    @KittyInBoots17
    @angmarie28

Remember, if your weigh in day doesn't work with your schedule, you can change it. Just send me a note and I'll get the MODS to switch you to a day that works better for your busy life!!

Take care,
    Jessica
  • mojo48212
    mojo48212 Posts: 9 Member
    It's quiet in here. I know I haven't posted a ton. I've been swamped at work and the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit down in front of another computer. I would like to take a moment and say thank you for all the support/motivation I have received since joining this group. Also, if anyone out there is struggling, you have got this, you are in control even if it doesn't always feel that way. Just keep moving!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-163.4
    Current weight-160

Man everything has been so hectic I keep forgetting to post on here, oops.
  • angmarie28
    6/8-7,833
    6/9-9,940
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    I got a DEXA scan this past Monday. My last scan was five months ago. I rely on these scans more than my scale to tell me what my percent body fat is, among other things. Comparing this scan to the one I got last October, there is good news and bad news:
    • good news: I've lost another ~12 lbs of fat mass 😀
    • bad news: I also lost ~5 lbs of lean mass 😟
    • good news: my visceral adipose tissue is down another couple pounds to 3.08 lbs 😀
    • good news: the visceral adipose tissue volume is down from 146 to 90 cubic inches 😀
    • bad news: my percent body fat is still around 29% 😟
    • will I ever get down to <25% body fat? 🤔

Apparently, despite increasing my consumption of protein, I have yet to see my muscle mass increase or even hold steady. I guess I'll have to get really serious about strength training.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @frankwbrown - Those are impressive results!
    The lower fat mass and visceral adipose tissue changes are amazing and far outweigh the ‘negative’ indicators you mentioned from what I understand from the DEXA data. Great work! I always say: Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward. In your case it’s more like 12 steps forward and three steps back with a net of 9 or thereabouts 😅!

I was eager to get the results of my recent DEXA scan so I could get baseline data like for the areas you reported; however, my doctor only told me about the bone density results. It was good to get that information because I learned I have mild osteopenia, but I was disappointed in the lack of body fat mass data, etc.

Did you have to ask for a particular type of test?

I’m looking into next steps so I’m glad to see it’s possible. Best wishes with your continued success and reaching your goal of increased muscle mass. I have similar goals with body recomposition - and I’ve been slowly increasing the weight I can lift - but I’d love to be able to track my progress better using accurate data!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh in:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 128.0
    Current weight: 127.6

Starting weight: 168
    Loss to date: 40.4

Maintenance goal: 120-130

I’ve been fluctuating slightly at the high end of my goal range, and teetering close to the edge lately, but spring is almost here. I naturally move more outdoors during the spring and summer, especially when we don’t have much snow to shovel or enjoy! So, I hope I can gradually lose excess fat from my ‘hibernation months’ and continue improving my strength. In addition to eating and sleeping better, my workout goals are to (1) build muscle and (2) increase flexibility.

Best wishes for a strong finish to the week, Shape Shifters. Go get those goals!
  • angmarie28
    Man, not sure my life will ever slow down, haha. we had someone not show up to work at my second job so they have been begging me to come in offering incentive pay which equals about double my normal hourly, so it is hard to say no to. Cold weather is here again, bleck, but warmer weather is on the way, thank god.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 765 Member
    3/8 - 9350
    3/9 - 9137

Daily Step Goal: 6000
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 196.6
    CW: 195.8
    LTD: 11.2

I realized that I never adjusted my calories and macros after losing 10 pounds, so I lowered my calories by 250. I didn't do the best sticking to the new number, but was still able to make progress. I'm also proud of myself for making healthy choices when eating out this week (I.e. the identity change to "I'm someone who almost always eats healthy"). We're traveling to see family the week after next, so these habits will help me on that trip.

I used to be a sweets snacker, as opposed to someone who likes salty foods. Not eating sweets really changed this, especially the sugar cravings, and I'm enjoying small portions of salty snack foods. I made a small exception for 1 cookie each from 3 boxes of girl scout cookies from my niece that my kids got into, because those won't last long and I'm a sucker for GS cookies. I noticed my sugar cravings went up after that treat, but a small portion of high sugar fruit (green grapes) or fruity sugar free gum have satisfied the craving.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    10000/day
    March 9 8190
    March 10 12575
    Shelley
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    3/9: 10,400
    3/10: 12,385
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 133.4
    CW 133
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Marni3369

PW: 225.4
    CW: 226.8

Definitely not happy with this but fully understand why. Lots of birthday celebrating over the last week or so.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Weigh In Wednesday, sorry I'm late once again. I remembered to weigh in after I had coffee on Wednesday, delayed til Thurs, then remembered after coffee again, lol. Today I remembered before!!!

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 235.6
    CW: 235.2

I'm struggling lately but at least I lost something!
  • frankwbrown
    I was eager to get the results of my recent DEXA scan so I could get baseline data like for the areas you reported; however, my doctor only told me about the bone density results. It was good to get that information because I learned I have mild osteopenia, but I was disappointed in the lack of body fat mass data, etc.

Did you have to ask for a particular type of test?

No, but I searched specifically for places where I could get a DEXA scan, and found the company bodyspec.com had a facility within 100 miles of my home. I'm getting a scan twice a year now.

This PDF is a sample of what a whole body DEXA scan can show you:
    https://static.bodyspec.com/doc/bodyspec-scan.pdf
    Not only does it tell you your BMC (bone mineral content), but also your body fat percent, fat mass and lean mass, and these are broken down into regional areas like right vs left arms/legs and android (waist) vs gynoid (hips) area. Additionally, it will show your amount of VAT (Visceral Adipose Tissue). Note the BONE REPORT section that shows your BMD by region and your Z-score.

If your scan was ordered by your doctor, the facility might have provided only the data he requested, even though the scan was complete. You might ask him if he can request the rest of the data, as it seems possible (if not likely) that the scan included the other data.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown
    Friday, March 11; week 2
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 223.5 (-0.3 lbs; -0.15%)
    LTD: 1.8 lbs (106.5 lbs since 7/10/2020)
  • frankwbrown
    edited March 2022
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    Sun 3/6: 11,648
    Mon 3/7: 11,846
    Tue 3/8: 13,351
    Wed 3/9: 27,159 (I went for it this day!)
    Thu 3/10: 12,309
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Wed - March 9 steps: 12.660
    Thu - March 10 steps: 17.136

Hello Shape Shifters. I have been really busy. Wednesday my dad came over because I am borrowing his car until Sunday. So we drove back and forth which was a little exhausting. Cleaned the rest of the house and got groceries.
    On Thursday I planned to go to the gym. But I can always go to the gym and I rarely have a car. I decided instead to drive to a different area of the national park to do my favourite walk. The weather was great; cold, frosty, sunny. I did end up with very wet feet because here an area was flooded as well, but a lot worse and I didn't see any way around it. I will put some pictures under the spoiler so you can see where I waded through. :smiley:
    My mom arrived around midday and in the evening we went out for pizza, which was pretty nice.
    Happy Weekend everyone! My next update will probably be on Sunday.
    16k5gon.jpg
    Xdiif6y.jpg
    rT3SwPm.jpg
    Givsg9W.jpg
    sx5WFQg.jpg
    0OhK9HM.jpg
This discussion has been closed.